Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 08:57 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times

Advertisements

It means you had a dream about having sex with an imaginary being. It was a dream. Nothing more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 10:17 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Let us know how the pregnancy test comes out.

So I was thinking about the symbolism of the devil as it relates to Tarot cards and in Tarot the Devil represents the illusion of being chained. People are bound by ignorance, bad habits, or greed, or . . . and the Devil is in those things but they are all material things that can be laid aside and it's much easier to walk away from the devil than anyone realizes. Does this sound like anything going on in your life? You had a choice to sleep with the devil and you have a choice to leave him behind. Perhaps there is some enticement in your life--doesn't have to be sex--that is just too irresistible to walk away from right now and if you keep up with this it will bear bad fruit?

Old 09-30-2013, 02:02 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,685,474 times
I had the same except he was blonde hair red eyes and attractive. It was consenual but rapey. And he felt like burning but it still felt good. I woke up and jumped out of bed and started running because I was disturbed

Old 09-30-2013, 09:51 AM

1,950 posts, read 3,525,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Last night I dreamed that I had sex with Satan. He did not look at all life any depiction of Satan that I have ever seen. He wasn't my type either.

He was a pale blond, blue eyed, overweight sloppy man in a green polo shirt and khaki trousers. It was consensual. He didn't have a long time to spend with me but he was very sexy to me in the dream.
He assured me that I would bear his child then told me that he had to go to see another women who he loved more.

I was devastated. But I was so happy that I was having his baby.

What the hell kind of a dream is that? When I awakened, I felt disturbed by it.

Any incite?
What does this mean? That you have a creative imagination!

Old 09-30-2013, 11:08 AM

196 posts, read 424,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayingAfterSunday View Post
I am not sure of this, of course, but I suspect that Happy in Wyoming may be correct: It sounds as though you were visited by an incubus (assuming you are a woman) or, if you're a man, a succubus. As you may know, these are spirits who attempt to control humans through sex, often during sleep or when a person is not yet fully asleep. Sometimes a person awakes from a sound sleep to feel the spirit attempting to enter him/her in a sexual way. Other encounters, such as the one you describe, occur during the dream cycle when a person may be more vulnerable to the sexual advances of an incubus or succubus.
If this is the case, where do I get on the list for a Succubus?

LOL, this thread has been a great read. OP? Who knows why you had this dream - I've had so many nonsensical dreams, and so many of them sexual in nature that I've not attempted to rationalize them anymore.

Best guess is you dreamt about sex as you're feeling frustrated in this department. Might be some baby issues going on too, which you mentioned. Devil? Must have caught an ad for one of the supernatural movies that seem to come out every week.

I'd say don't worry about it, have a couple of Tylenol PM with a glass of wine, and sleep like a baby.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:36 PM

420 posts, read 697,709 times
Relax. It wasn't really Satan it was just some pale, fat guy that knows that you're secretly into goth and thus knew the right things to say to you. Dream means you still have that goth fetish from your younger years lingering.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:28 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Last night I dreamed that I had sex with Satan. He did not look at all life any depiction of Satan that I have ever seen. He wasn't my type either.

He was a pale blond, blue eyed, overweight sloppy man in a green polo shirt and khaki trousers. It was consensual. He didn't have a long time to spend with me but he was very sexy to me in the dream.
He assured me that I would bear his child then told me that he had to go to see another women who he loved more.

I was devastated. But I was so happy that I was having his baby.

What the hell kind of a dream is that? When I awakened, I felt disturbed by it.

Any incite?
When I first read this, the first thought that came to mind was, "what the hell?"

Interesting dream. Maybe you have been demonizing pale, blond, blue-eyed, overweight, sloppy men in polo shirts and khaki trousers when in actuality, you really are attracted to them in a major way.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:28 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
thrifty is right , its symbolism,,

it could be temptations, guilty pleasures, doesnt have to be sexual,,,just your way of beating yourself up for it..

the devil is a symbol of anticipated evil/outcome if you did something pleasurable

its like splurging on a diet-eating half a cake, then you want to beat yourself up,,cause you feel guilty/ashamed you did it

Old 10-03-2013, 11:48 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,060,117 times
The trouble with dreams is that your mind is pulling from the things you've experienced, felt, thought, seen, heard, smelled, etc, and using these things to speak and there will never be a better translator of a dream than the mechanism that produced it in the first place.

So if you want to get closer to its meaning, this may not sound helpful but your best bet will just be thinking about it and paying attention to where your mind wanders in its waking state while doing so. It's even more helpful if you pay attention to all of your dreams in general to establish patterns.

I like to think of the mind when sleeping like a director/editor/cinematographer. It's taking all of its footage and deciding how to bring it all together to tell the story it wants to tell. Like filmmakers, it'll tend to have its own style and recurring elements that audiences will learn to spot and interpret the more of their films they watch.

So keep watching your dreams, keep thinking about them and noting where your thoughts go first for literal connections, substituted connections, symbolic connections, and what your Satan sex dream "meant" (which may just end up being where your dream originated from) will become more obvious.

All anyone else can do is guess based on common cultural symbolism and that can be a lot like horoscopes. Any interpretation will be one you can find a way to fit into your life and make true if you want it to be. Plus I'm too tired right now to throw anything out but what others said is a great start. That's all for my mainly pointless input lol

Old 10-04-2013, 01:18 PM

8 posts, read 21,609 times
It means you need to rethink your choice in men. or that you're a demon in bed. not a bad thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology