Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2013, 02:52 PM

198 posts, read 262,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
Yeah, and that ain't cool music; it's usually hard-core rap (aka, hard-core trash).

Come on now..... that's totally NOT true
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 05:45 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,002,043 times
Hard-core rap is hard-core trash, imo. It's annoying that people blast that crap in their car. Sure, it's their car, but it's MY nerves being worked.
I need to meditate, zen, moo-sa, or whatever it is.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:25 PM

993 posts, read 1,561,293 times
I'm going to add the cracking of knuckles, backs, and necks to this list. That skeeves me out so badly that I literally feel woozy. Unfortunately for me, it's a pretty prevalent habit.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:27 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,135,803 times
As the magistrate explained to me " the limit posted along the road is the absolute maximum speed that anyone can travel on a road in perfect weather without putting others in jeopardy of their life. Going over that limit puts you in the same category as murderers and bank robbers and child molesters. "

another thing he mentioned was that people teach their children by example of not following traffic laws that lawbreaking is what they are expected to do and if they break the laws its perfectly ok and expected.

Got my attention and if you are a speeder you are my biggest irritant.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:37 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
I'm going to add the cracking of knuckles, backs, and necks to this list. That skeeves me out so badly that I literally feel woozy. Unfortunately for me, it's a pretty prevalent habit.
Too funny I only crack knuckles when wife isn't around. Considerate cracker

Old 09-11-2013, 08:33 AM

993 posts, read 1,561,293 times
^Bless your heart!

Old 09-11-2013, 09:01 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,994,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Some of you made me think of one I forgot. People who always act like they follow the rules and insist that other people do the same (there is a lot of that type on yachting yahoo answers). We wouldn't be as far in the world as we are today if people always followed the rules so some rules are meant to be broken. Unless someone is intentionally hurting an innocent person, I don't give a crap if people follow the rules or not.
How would you feel, then, if someone broke the littering rules and decided to dump their trash all over your yard? It may not be intentional to you personally and no one is getting "hurt".

Old 09-11-2013, 10:36 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,224,716 times
People that have known me for some time but never address me by my name or speak it during conversations. Often these rude self centered persons use the lame excuse that they are bad at names and can't remember them, but this is bunk. By addressing others anonymously they are telling that person that they are not important enough to bother with. This is extremely rude Imo, and insulting. These dolts should take the effort to remember names and use them often when speaking to others.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:40 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
People that have known me for some time but never address me by my name or speak it during conversations. Often these rude self centered persons use the lame excuse that they are bad at names and can't remember them, but this is bunk. By addressing others anonymously they are telling that person that they are not important enough to bother with. This is extremely rude Imo, and insulting. These dolts should take the effort to remember names and use them often when speaking to others.
I am good at names, but when you have these exotic, ethnic names it gets tricky.

Old 09-15-2013, 03:28 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,565,299 times
chewing on ice, ice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology