Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2013, 09:48 PM

4,208 posts, read 4,458,844 times

Advertisements

Perhaps others may have covered these two.
1) Gum chewers with mouth open and who do so as if it adds swagger (sort of like members of bovine family chewing the cud). It is very unpleasant. I witnessed it this past weekend at a wedding reception. Male in 20s chawing on his gum and manipulating it with his tongue. I tend to see this in men who apparently think it is cool? Sort of with an attitude of 'I can act like a total ass and the girls still want me'.

2) Same wedding reception. I am next to a lovely brunette coed. We talked a little, got to know a bit about her, education, cities she's lived, etc... then she leaves to go outside and smoke and returns and smells like an ashtray. I can not stand people who are the equivalent of Linus from Peanuts and his proverbial cloud of dust/dirt, but rather have a nicotine addiction and smell like a mobile ashtray and its accompanying cloud. Ugh, disgusting, needless to say I didn't speak much with her after that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 10:00 PM

37 posts, read 80,868 times
Nosy People
Arrogant people
Ignorant people
Followers

Old 11-09-2013, 12:16 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
Using Cliches, even though I use some of them. I even irritate myself when I catch myself doing it.

Top three:

"At the end of the day"
"Think outside the box"
"Connect the dots"

Old 11-09-2013, 12:29 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,179,250 times
chewing with the mouth open + "smacking". My mom taught me how annoying it is when Dad smacks his food against his tongue/roof of his mouth. It's noisy, messy sounding, and very distracting at the dinner table. My dad also chews gum very loudly and smacks that.

My husband has nervous energy where he jerks and shakes. I don't know if he has restless leg syndrome or not, but he will constantly fidget and shake the couch, table, floor, bed, all the time, day or night. It's disturbing when I'm trying to get comfortable or find peace. It's like being prodded with electricity over and over again without the pinch of pain.

I don't berate him for it, I just slide my hand up his pant leg and ask if he needs me to take care of that energy for him with a wink.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:44 AM

14,016 posts, read 20,910,117 times
Compulsive posters who specialize in vapid, banal statements. How they can write dozens, if not hundreds of posts without saying anything is beyond me.

Old 11-09-2013, 09:27 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,647,821 times
Backwards compliments, with an agenda in mind

Old 11-09-2013, 10:26 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,209,247 times
-overly talkative people that expect you to be the same and then single you out for being "shy" or "quiet"
-people who dont use turn signals
-anybody who says "YOLO" or "swag"
-two-faced people
-people who cant mind their own business
-people who call me too much
-conceited/stuck up people
-people who incorporate latin phrases into their conversation to appear educated/cultured
-duckfaced "selfies" on facebook. you look like an idiot and it is not sexy
-people who are constantly in your way
-people who ask too many favors and then get mad when you expect them to reciprocate
-girls who start drama but claim to be the victim
-people who pass me on the right when i am already exceeding the speed limit by 10 mph in the left lane
-people who cut me off/brake check me. i wanna run those punks off the road and slam their car door on their face
-excessive public displays of affection. get a room
-people who do not say "hello" or any other greeting first, and instead just asks for a favor at work
-people who correct me on a daily basis
-people who use hashtags excessively
-people who stare at me
-people that tell me to do something that i am already doing.
-very religious people
-people who stare down their nose at me while i am working my second job at the supermarket
-overly passionate sports fans that make fun of me/insult me for liking a certain team. i mean, really?
-people in the supermarket having a full blown conversation in the middle of the aisle...taking up space
-people with stick figures of their family on minivans
-people who think its cool to have sports cars that make an excessive amount of noise
-white people that dress like thugs from "da hood"
-girls that act dumb/ditzy but think its cute
-people that force me to interact with their baby
-belligerent drunk people
-people who dont pay attention when a light turns green and just sits there
-people who still pull a number ticket at an empty deli counter
-people who talk on their cell phones at a deli counter/checkout. its rude
-people constantly buried/talking about their new cell phones
-people who think the whole world revolves around them
-people that constantly put me down and point out my flaws, but then claim they are trying to help.
-people who are too lazy to return shopping carts to the cart corral and they just leave them blocking the parking spaces

when i think of more, i'll be back

Last edited by StAcKhOuSe; 11-09-2013 at 10:47 AM..

Old 11-09-2013, 10:52 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBorn1978 View Post
Nosy People
Arrogant people
Ignorant people
Followers
That sums it up w/ me, too! I guess I could go on, but better not!

Last edited by Nanny Goat; 11-09-2013 at 11:10 AM..

Old 11-09-2013, 11:16 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
How about those who never offer help to those who really need it, but when something much less significant happens to them they cry like babies? I've known those types, everything is "no big deal," until it's them. Ha.

Old 11-09-2013, 05:42 PM

747 posts, read 1,682,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Passive-aggressives, Snoops, Meddlers, Know-it-alls, Gossips, Haters
This, EXACTLY.

That and people who think I give two craps about their children. I don't care what they said, what they eat, where they are or what they said last night...I could careless if they fall off a cliff....don't bother me with non important things such as your child. Sit down shut up and save the boring conversation for your husband or girlfriend or whatever it is you go home to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology