Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2013, 10:35 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,242,126 times

Advertisements

I have a crazy neighbor who moved in a few months ago and listening to her is so bad that I think I will have to sell my house and move .

She makes the strangest extremely loud noises and yells, screams, cackles and screeches. Most of this happens when she's drunk which can be any time after noon (she's retired). She also has a mouth on her like a drunken sailor and regularly uses EVERY imaginable cuss word in excess. Of course she spends every waking minute on her porch - even in scorching hot weather.

The weird part is that on first impression she seems nice, is in good shape, well groomed, well spoken and very gregarious but she is also "ape s**t" crazy and is driving me crazy by the sheer circumstance of living close to her. She's across the street and one house over and can make so much noise that I can literaly hear her in the very back of my house. She makes more noise alone than a party of 30 people and most of the time she is alone, or screaming off her porch at passers by. She makes noises that sound identical to a peacock, regularly when drunk - even the police mentioned this fact to me.

Any ideas what's going on with her? I have honestly in my 50 some years never heard anything like it. Alcohol makes it 100 times worse and she's most likely an alcoholic. She also blames others for her predicaments - she thinks I'm the reason she may be arrested etc. (HER behavior has nothing to do with it ).

She used to pass out around 7:30 or 8 pm (probably due to inebriation) and get up around noon, so at least I had some quiet time, now she's taken to staying up late, so the police were here 3 times, one night this past weekend (I called them). I can no longer even read in my house because when I try to she's talking so loud and using the 'f" word over and over and it's impossible to concentrate. Even a normal conversation is SO loud that I know what she's doing and where she's going when I'm in my kitchen cooking.

Simple things like taking her dog out to do her buisness turn into a nightmare for me as she is using such a high pitched and loud voice to talk/yell/scream (all in a nice way) to him as they go.

I work from home so this is an impossible situation. Plus I have NO peace anymore and I so value my peace.

Help !!!

Last edited by adventuregurl; 09-10-2013 at 11:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 12:22 PM

32,680 posts, read 48,185,877 times
Does the neighbor have Tourettes? There isn't much you can do about a disability.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:10 PM

No, she's just a party animal and is often extremely intoxicated...she is disturbing the peace in a HUGE way.

Old 09-12-2013, 06:19 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,430,184 times
Gosh. You poor thing.

How old is she? Is there a chance she may be suffering from dementia? Does she have family? (Let me guess. Yes and they are sick of her). What do the police do?

It sounds like she lives alone and is an at-risk adult. Do you have Adult Protective Services? The cops should have notified them.

Anyway, take care. Earplugs?

Old 09-12-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock View Post
Gosh. You poor thing.

How old is she? Is there a chance she may be suffering from dementia? Does she have family? (Let me guess. Yes and they are sick of her). What do the police do?

It sounds like she lives alone and is an at-risk adult. Do you have Adult Protective Services? The cops should have notified them.

Anyway, take care. Earplugs?
She's probably in her early to mid 60's and just moved here to reunite with her long lost brother (don't know the story). I think she needs help but the police said they can only do something if she threatens to hurt herself or someone else, so far that hasn't happened.

Will APS come out, if we have one here?

PS I work from home on the phone so I probably have to sell my house and move (and I just bought it :-()

Old 09-13-2013, 06:09 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,430,184 times
APS will investigate if they get a report of an at-risk adult in my state. It's worth a shot.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:25 PM

378 posts, read 1,064,693 times
Maybe you should film this and put it on youtube......maybe her seeing it there with all of the comments may make her straighten up. She may become know as "the peacock screamer woman"....lol

Old 09-15-2013, 11:04 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,305,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Does the neighbor have Tourettes? There isn't much you can do about a disability.
I was thinking the same thing, and wondering how the OP knows she's not.

Old 09-15-2013, 11:06 AM

50,481 posts, read 47,209,181 times
Tape it and play it back early morning. Let the other neighbors know the plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology