Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 02:42 PM

58 posts, read 114,473 times

Advertisements

This message has its own website at http://afbv.weebly.com HOWEVER...I wanted to post it here in a thread where people can find it quickly on the forum. I created this message last year after hearing about Amanda Todd, and I know it makes a difference. I thought it was right to share it here as well for the sake of anyone who is on the edge due to bullying.

There are links below the message showing where else you can find it on the web and there is also further explanation for the reason behind my message. I am not trying to make money. I'm trying to help people.

Have a blessed day, and here is the message.

Affirmations for Bullying Victims
by Cyndi H.
This is a message to anyone who is being bullied right now. It doesn't matter if it's online or IRL. This is for you.

YOU matter.
Your opinions matter.
Your feelings matter.
Your thoughts matter.
Your dreams matter.
Your LIFE matters.
You are special.
You are beautiful.
You are talented.
You are valuable.
You are wonderful.
You are respected.
You are cared about.
You are STRONG.
You are a good person.
You are loved.
You can succeed.
You can reach out.
You can hold on.
You can overcome.
You mean something.
You have worth.
You deserve to LIVE.
I LOVE YOU.

Ways to help spread this message:

If you are a teacher or a student, you can print the message's homepage ([http://afbv.weebly.com) and pass it around at school. (It only takes a single sheet of paper).
If you are part of a social media site or a forum, you can copy and paste this wherever you hang out.
If you have a Youtube, a Vimeo or any other video blog account, you can make a video reading my message.
If you have Twitter or use an instant messaging service such as AIM, you can link people to the message.
By doing this, you just might save someone's life.

Follow me on Twitter; I tweet positive and antibullying messages with the hashtag #afbv: https://twitter.com/BeAffirmed
Come see this message on my Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_sZzFiuymo
Here is the Facebook page for this movement: https://www.facebook.com/AffirmationsForBullyingVictims
My Pinterest board: http://pinterest.com/beaffirmed/affi...lying-victims/
If you are in crisis right now, go here: http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
or call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

Let this message be heard: Bullying is NEVER okay!

The reason behind the Affirmations For Bullying Victims movement is a simple one. I want to help people. I was bullied almost to the point of suicide myself back in the 1990's. It's not a new problem, but it is more publicized today. I know how horrible and lonely it feels when nobody stands up to help. I took every negative thing I was led to believe during those dark years and turned them into a message of encouragement. I want people to know that I've been there, I got through it and I want you to get through it too.

Bullying makes people feel alone and powerless. Inept handling of bullying by authority figures might result in the victim taking matters into their own hands. In the most extreme cases, the outcome is death. Like Megan Meier, Amanda Todd and many others, all young people who committed suicide. Like Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, or Cho Seng-Hui; the shooters who took other lives as well as their own at Columbine and Virginia Tech. How many more shootings and suicides will it take?

Each and every child you see is a promise for the future. Children who get bullied severely and survive might be afraid to express themselves. They may never see their full potential because they're too busy watching their backs, bracing themselves for ridicule and wishing to disappear instead of focusing on their schoolwork and talents. They might throw away their future by committing suicide, or by trying to harm or kill their tormentors. Some are lucky and overcome it all. Others grow up believing they're too ugly, stupid or worthless to be anything special. They might wander down a path of self destruction because they think they don't matter. No one should grow up feeling that way about themselves.

There are several great anti-bullying resources available. It's as easy to find them as it is to get on Google or Yahoo and run a search. The problem I see is most of it focuses on dealing with the bullies. What about the people being bullied? Victims of bullying NEED to hear words of encouragement. They need to know someone out there cares and believes they are worth something.

And that is why the Affirmations For Bullying Victims message exists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 08:35 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,072,112 times
I was bullied a lot in elementary and middle school. That being said, I really don't identify as a "bullying survivor." People can be mean; we can take steps to ensure that others aren't treated poorly, but I really don't want to be part of a special class because some kids that didn't know what they were doing made fun of me.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:07 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,024,400 times
I was bullied and tormented throughout high school for being different and I haven't survived it yet or even remotely got over it. It moulded me in so many ways and not in a good way. It's difficult not to harbor bitterness and anger towards the perpetrators even several years later. Frankly I hope some of them burn in hell.

Old 11-28-2013, 11:01 AM

35,681 posts, read 21,030,020 times
being bullied is no fun- specially if you can't fit in... makes you afraid or haters of people and of course some turn violent- It's not a good thing no matter how you look at it. NOW some fair better than others in getting over it or finding their true confidence and forget these idiots,,, but not all are made the same. I try to teach anyone I know to stand up for self,,, You are worthy of respect- but even on these posts, I find a lot of bully mentality- the selfish, self serving, arrogant beings that can't be considerate of others enough to give them "value"-- are very much alive. As my ex used to say-"what they eat- don't make you s**t"-I try to remember that daily-

Old 11-29-2013, 07:28 PM

2,234 posts, read 3,318,562 times
I was bullied in grade school and high school. Bulling is not new it has been around since humans have been here. Yes, I remember the ones that did it to me and I would hurt them even now if I could.

Over the years it has made me very hard to outside influences and almost impervious to other peoples comments about me. I have developed an inner strength that has allowed me to function well in high stress environments. Now as an adult, if I feel that if I'm being bullied or being taken advantage of, I deal with it in a way that the other person regrets doing it.

When I parent gets involved in their kids bully it can some times make the whole thing worse. This bulling thing seems to be the liberal minority guilt that brings so many issues to a national recognition when it may not be necessary or even a bad idea.

Old 11-29-2013, 08:52 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,320,502 times
Aw, thanks! I needed this. I started being bullied in high school and slipped into a depression. Now, I'm in college and I'm still coping with it.

One thing I'd like to say to my bullies: I would never wish depression on you guys because it is one of the worst things to deal with. However, you guys should reimburse me for all the psychiatrist and therapist visits I have already done plus the ones that I'll need until I reach recovery. That would be $10,000, please.

Old 12-16-2013, 06:23 AM

2 posts, read 6,534 times
Im in college and Im being bullied. Its a small college and Im the only outsider and the girls have boycotted me, anyone else boycotted by the entire class for doing nothing wrong- just refusing to flatter the inflated egos of the dominant girls in class ?!!!! Sad part & the part that shattered me was my own roommate who was also my only friend completely underwent a personality change once she was approached by those girls and she has boycotted me too.

She knew me best out here and if she wont stand by me then I have nothing more to say !!!My heart bleeds- I considered her my true friend.

The widespread slander against me is oppressive and the stares I receive from my batchmates- perpetual harassment. The massive propoganda- I don't know where to start to tackle it ???? and such mass rejection is humiliating.I'm so depressed, I wanna leave this college and run faster than the speed of light & never look back at this fiasco but its a good program and I have invested 3.5 years already and a lot of my dad's money has gone into it so I can't quit at this point. I have another year in hell left- I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

My academic record is ruined. I have made it very clear to my parents that my only goal is to 'pass' out from this place which is in itself a big thing considering the pressure Im under & not to expect any honours or stuff.

Im shocked to the very core to see such unscrupulous and indecorous people in science college!!!!!And these are not 13 year old girls,we are all 23 more or less. This college is a joke. I want my respect back ! I feel miserable and Im always burning in anger.

Anyone in a similar situation????Please contact me, I need friends.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:23 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,024,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talia Ashway View Post
Im in college and Im being bullied. Its a small college and Im the only outsider and the girls have boycotted me, anyone else boycotted by the entire class for doing nothing wrong- just refusing to flatter the inflated egos of the dominant girls in class ?!!!! Sad part & the part that shattered me was my own roommate who was also my only friend completely underwent a personality change once she was approached by those girls and she has boycotted me too.

She knew me best out here and if she wont stand by me then I have nothing more to say !!!My heart bleeds- I considered her my true friend.

The widespread slander against me is oppressive and the stares I receive from my batchmates- perpetual harassment. The massive propoganda- I don't know where to start to tackle it ???? and such mass rejection is humiliating.I'm so depressed, I wanna leave this college and run faster than the speed of light & never look back at this fiasco but its a good program and I have invested 3.5 years already and a lot of my dad's money has gone into it so I can't quit at this point. I have another year in hell left- I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

My academic record is ruined. I have made it very clear to my parents that my only goal is to 'pass' out from this place which is in itself a big thing considering the pressure Im under & not to expect any honours or stuff.

Im shocked to the very core to see such unscrupulous and indecorous people in science college!!!!!And these are not 13 year old girls,we are all 23 more or less. This college is a joke. I want my respect back ! I feel miserable and Im always burning in anger.

^^
Sorry you're going through this. This is one of the reasons why I didn't go to college. I didn't expect people to change beyond HS and I was right.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:14 AM

1 posts, read 5,502 times
Dear Talia-I'm sorry you are being treated this way. If I could I would go to your school and have a little chat to whoever is doing this to you. Remember that Jesus is always by your side and walk with your head tall. This too shall pass. ❤️Been there

Old 02-11-2014, 04:48 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talia Ashway View Post

Transfer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology