Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 09:12 AM

543 posts, read 943,063 times

Advertisements

Deep as in psychologically.
Come to think of it more women are inclined to be religious. That is they take things at face value. Whereas men question it.
You hardly get to meet women who are into philosophy or astronomy(many astronomy clubs I attended hardly had women, there were there but few).
Social anxiety, depression, mood swings- I don't have the stats but most of the online forums are heavily dominated by men.
Existentialist angst- the purpose of life, meaning of existence...again I hardly find any women philosopher pondering over these issues the way men have throughout history and to this day.
Lastly the college dating scene- Its as if men have to reprogram themselves to act a certain way, talk certain subjects in front of the ladies if they need any success. Which usually means talking certain subjects. If you talk about space or dinosaurs at best you'd be considered geeky, at worst creepy. And women are much much better at social things like gatherings, attending classes and all that stuff. Most guys I asked would rather stay at home(have a home gathering).

What I am trying to get at is that there is a massive difference in the way both genders approach life. Always has been and perhaps always will be. I just read another thread on suicide and I found it so true- men are much prone to be depressed, be pissed off, be angry. Angry at the state of the world, musing over philosophical quandaries and worrying. Women, for the most part couldn't care less it seems. So, from a subjective perspective which way to live happily is the right way?

Old 01-26-2014, 09:51 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,133,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi85 View Post
Deep as in psychologically.
Come to think of it more women are inclined to be religious. That is they take things at face value. Whereas men question it.
You hardly get to meet women who are into philosophy or astronomy(many astronomy clubs I attended hardly had women, there were there but few).
Social anxiety, depression, mood swings- I don't have the stats but most of the online forums are heavily dominated by men.
Existentialist angst- the purpose of life, meaning of existence...again I hardly find any women philosopher pondering over these issues the way men have throughout history and to this day.
Lastly the college dating scene- Its as if men have to reprogram themselves to act a certain way, talk certain subjects in front of the ladies if they need any success. Which usually means talking certain subjects. If you talk about space or dinosaurs at best you'd be considered geeky, at worst creepy. And women are much much better at social things like gatherings, attending classes and all that stuff. Most guys I asked would rather stay at home(have a home gathering).

What I am trying to get at is that there is a massive difference in the way both genders approach life. Always has been and perhaps always will be. I just read another thread on suicide and I found it so true- men are much prone to be depressed, be pissed off, be angry. Angry at the state of the world, musing over philosophical quandaries and worrying. Women, for the most part couldn't care less it seems. So, from a subjective perspective which way to live happily is the right way?

Some women are like men. And some men are like women.

But many are not. As you pointed out, women and men are different inside. They have different programs run in them. And these different programs produce different results.

Men have more analytical thinker programs running in them. Women have more emotional programs. Analytical thinkers think about the state of the world, think about their needs and figure out what's missing and start to get depressed about it. They also are not usually social and sometimes feel lonely.

Emotional people don't think much, don't know things like the meaning of life, whether they are missing something, whether they are satisfied with life, whether things in the world are as they should be. They are into just socializing with others and enjoying little things of life. So this keeps them happy.

I think that those who know too much are unhappier. If you are a thinker and get depressed, a better thing would be to stop thinking for a bit and to start doing things that everybody else is doing, like a robot. Because it's the analysis of the state of things and the loneliness that brings on depression, I think.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:01 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,451,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi85 View Post
Dunno that I agree with your premise, although generally speaking I'd imagine that just giving birth pretty much eliminates a lot of questions re: "the meaning of existence"!

Old 01-26-2014, 10:20 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,698,021 times
Define deep. We all have different interests and what is deep for you is not necessary deep fom me. And when I am having personal deep convo with someone that is not necessary deep for you. I could say the same, why men are not deep? Why they don't understand things? Why they are not deeply emotional? Human IS emotional creature, why to deny? There is always some people who with we can have those convos which we are looking for. You might follow some writers and scientist and I would not agree with those. I instead could praise opposite results of something as deeper they would be than yours. You might be "deep" with your accusation.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:30 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times
Wow.
What an absolutely asinine, presumptuous post.
Lol if I actually wanted to,
I'd be offended.
Such a bunch of assumptions & ridiculous biased ideas.
You should really get out more....
find intelligent, deep women.
They do exist, lol.......

Old 01-26-2014, 10:31 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,427,956 times
If you're thinking along these lines, then you're less deep than you think.

And for the record, no, I haven't seen any indication that women are less "deep" than men. I have found, however, that I get enough snide remarks at "deep" activities such as philosophy or unbeliever groups that I would rather have those conversations privately.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:49 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,423,675 times
We ARE deep. You're not paying attention.

Old 01-26-2014, 11:01 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
When I was a man in a past life I was cursed with too much testosterone.
I was angry, jealous, heartless, and mean.
Now as a woman I am angry, heartless and mean...but only towards closed minded,
stubborn, bigoted, ignorant, ego centric, intellectual, rude, bullies.

So I have progressed...it is no longer towards the whole world.

Go figure why there are differences...but I prefer the temperance in my
female hormones this life.

Old 01-26-2014, 11:31 AM

543 posts, read 943,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
When I was a man in a past life I was cursed with too much testosterone.
I was angry, jealous, heartless, and mean.
Now as a woman I am angry, heartless and mean...but only towards closed minded,
stubborn, bigoted, ignorant, ego centric, intellectual, rude, bullies.

So I have progressed...it is no longer towards the whole world.

Go figure why there are differences...but I prefer the temperance in my
female hormones this life.

lol, how are you Miss Hepburn?
Hope you remember me. Also hope I didn't offend you in any way. I am curious and it wasn't my intention to hurt any feelings.

Old 01-26-2014, 11:33 AM

1,106 posts, read 1,163,088 times
You seem to be basing some of your conclusions on looking at who is in online forums. Not only is that a very skewed perceptions (and you never really know who is posting online), but women are probably more likely to be talking about those issues with a real life friend or colleague.
Women are actually much more likely to be diagnosed with depression (although I fail to see how that makes one 'deep'), but men are more likely to complete suicide, in part because they are less likely to ask for help and tend to have smaller social networks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology