Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 10:33 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
You are assuming that females are seeking what you and other men (not all but lots) are seeking: indiscriminate sex with as many as possible. Am I correct? You are measuring females with your I-want-lotsa-sex-constantly ruler. Right? And you probably believe that's true. Right?
BINGO!

I would have said: the casual sex market favors men. Because they're pretty much guaranteed getting their basic needs met in a ONS. Women have no guarantee at all. They're also risking some kind of violence if they go with a stranger. It's much easier for men.

A study has been quoted here before, that found: if women were guaranteed safety, and guaranteed their ONS would be a thoughtful, considerate lover, women would seek out casual sex as frequently as men, if not more so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 10:39 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Lots of stuff about sex but little about men and women
Sex is not a major player for either in the long haul

Old 06-24-2014, 01:37 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Quote:
You've left me in shock with that idea - not to mention the chloroform and van thing.

I'm getting the feeling that LOTS of men walk around seething and raging with anger, thinking that the rest of the male world is getting a lot of sex, and they aren't.

How the hell did that idea get to become so prevalent among so many men? What is up with that???? It's just insane thinking, and too many men are thinking like that nowadays, so who are the handful of guys getting laid then?

Second, that kind of thinking goes along with ENTITLEMENT. Wth? Why does anyone feel ENTITLED to sex? What the hell is that???

I'm going to take a guess here and say it's that Men's "Rights" BS. Too many men have become convinced they're entitled. Sick.
The guy is just a mental case. At a guess, women avoid him because they notice right off that he is weird and dangerous. It has nothing to do with men's rights, and a lot to do with being dysfunctional.

When I was younger I always got all the sex I wanted. Well, at least all the sex I had time for, considering that I worked 40 hours a week and did volunteer work 20 hours a week. Some nights I just wanted to read a book and go to sleep early.

If a man can engage women on a personal level in a positive relationship, he won't have any trouble getting laid. If he wanders around angry all the time being a jerk, nobody will want him around, male or female.

Old 06-24-2014, 02:42 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,824,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
The guy is just a mental case. At a guess, women avoid him because they notice right off that he is weird and dangerous. It has nothing to do with men's rights, and a lot to do with being dysfunctional.

When I was younger I always got all the sex I wanted. Well, at least all the sex I had time for, considering that I worked 40 hours a week and did volunteer work 20 hours a week. Some nights I just wanted to read a book and go to sleep early.

If a man can engage women on a personal level in a positive relationship, he won't have any trouble getting laid. If he wanders around angry all the time being a jerk, nobody will want him around, male or female.
Thanks for assuming I'm some sort of mad man. I'm not a mental case, I'm not dysfunctional, the only thing wierd about me is I'm not my racial stereotype, nor is everything I do considered social norm. I don't need some stranger telling me how I'm not his or her percieved notion of normal. In my group of friends, I am normal. Any man is dangerous when angered, so thatis a moot point.

I'm not you, it's nice you got sex pretty much whenever you wanted, I'm sorry I couldn't have the same fate, I bow to you. I'm an intelligent person, I'm friendly, I'm laid back, easy to get along with. Just because something angers me doesn't mean I walk around with a grit on my face or act an ******* to everybody- it's not even like that. Obviously you don't have a clue about being an outcast, or not always understanding social graces, not knowing if a joke cracked on you is friendly or filled with malice. I don't need somebody who was obviously an incrowder telling me that I'm scum.

I can put on a smiling face just as good as the next person. Even if I am a little broken, I do have a girlfriend, and a small group of friends. I might not be as perfect as you are, but I'm not some angry mysogonist rapist bent on taking what's his. I don't treat people like tihs.

Old 06-24-2014, 02:47 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,163,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
If you want to put it in drug terms. Sex to women is like Ecstasy. It's intense, fun, and thrilling and can even be a pivotal moment in their life, but it is not exactly addicting and even though they want to do it again, it will be at a place of their own time and choosing. Sex to men is like heroin. It gives us enjoyment quite like nothing else, but at the expense of making us a slave and constantly seeking the next fix and futile attempts top the rush we felt during the first couple of times we did it. We'll do it in a bar bathroom stall, in a back alley, on a park bench, in a car, and wherever we can get it. If we don't get it, we can rely on methadone (masturbation), but it just isn't the same and we mostly do it to keep us functional in the meantime.
Not to oversimplify, but men are simply less willing than women to go for an extended period of time without sex. Ladies, each and every single one of you who are married or in a long-term relationship need to take Frank's last sentence to heart. And please included that when you have "the talk" with your daughters.

A contrast:
Men feel loved when they have sex.
Women have sex when they feel loved.

An observation:
I've never heard of a man using sex to control a woman, but women using sex to manipulate men is as old as mankind. If that means going without for an extended period of time, a woman will do so (see above). However, manipulation of a man is certainly not the only reason that a woman will go days, weeks, or even longer without sex.

One last contrast:
A man thinks "she has a p---y."
A woman thinks "I have THE p---y."

Old 06-24-2014, 06:19 AM

463 posts, read 559,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
BINGO!

I would have said: the casual sex market favors men. Because they're pretty much guaranteed getting their basic needs met in a ONS. Women have no guarantee at all. They're also risking some kind of violence if they go with a stranger. It's much easier for men.

A study has been quoted here before, that found: if women were guaranteed safety, and guaranteed their ONS would be a thoughtful, considerate lover, women would seek out casual sex as frequently as men, if not more so.
Maybe it is much easier for men from a safety and payoff standpoint, but still vastly more difficult to obtain. Vice versa for females, so perhaps it evens out in being equally difficult for both genders.

But again, this notion that women seek out sex the same way men do is patently false. The biological compulsion for sex is more or less the same, but the motivations, attitudes (and hormones) driving us to obtain it are like night and day.

Last edited by go-getta-J; 06-24-2014 at 06:31 AM..

Old 06-24-2014, 08:55 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go-getta-J View Post
The irony of your overly defensive response is that you accuse me and most men of seeing sex differently than women, which right there proves my point. Women enjoy sex as much as men do, but they typically need it within a steady relationship. Women as a whole don't go on the prowl looking to casually hook-up anywhere near the same extent as men.

And no I do not harbor any ridiculous notions that women are just as indiscriminate as men are about casual sex. I've been rejected enough times by these supposedly sex-hungry women to quash that notion.
First, what did you mean by this: "...you accuse me and most men of seeing sex differently than women..."

OF COURSE men and women see sex differently! They are not the same gender. Why would you and other men see sex the same way a woman does?

Old 06-24-2014, 10:10 AM

463 posts, read 559,758 times
Quote:
First, what did you mean by this: "...you accuse me and most men of seeing sex differently than women..."

OF COURSE men and women see sex differently! They are not the same gender. Why would you and other men see sex the same way a woman does?
I guess I'm just wondering why do a lot of women insist on convincing the world they are just like men when it comes to sex when it clearly is not the case.

It seems like we both agree with each other, but you seem like your just itching for a fight because Me = guy = bad.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:15 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
I guess I'm just wondering why do a lot of women insist on convincing the world they are just like men when it comes to sex when it clearly is not the case.

It seems like we both agree with each other, but you seem like your just itching for a fight because Me = guy = bad.
Or as Louis CK says about sex, "you're Jane Fonda on the tank; I'm John McCain in the cage."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUXv41Ony_I

Old 06-24-2014, 10:23 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:

Who's convincing the world that there is only one gender? Not me. Men and women are different genders. However, I think there are certain human values that must be followed: Everyone has an equal value, everyone should have chances in life, everyone should be respected, and no one should use violence, ever, ever.

I think part of the problem here is that it's become popular to blame failures on others and that some people feel entitled to receive, receive, receive, and those very people feel that not receiving is equivalent to having things taken away. Wrong.

Here's the reality:

Life is not fair. You can try to be Bill Gates, George Clooney, or some other person who appears to have a lot of what life offers, but it's not going to happen. Once you accept that, you will feel better about yourself. If you start blaming others for not having the life you dream you are entitled to, you will miss the opportunity of being the best version of you that you can be, AND miss opportunities when they present themselves to you because you will be soooo caught up on this rage because you're not getting what you dream of, that you will not even notice the chances you get in life.

If one can't get a date, it's not someone else's fault. People do not owe you a date.

If you constantly compare yourself with famous people or others that you feel are doing better than you, I guarantee you WILL be one miserable human being, and become the very thing you dread: a loser.

The best thing is to be the best version of yourself. Be it. Stop pointing the finger at women and start noticing the opportunities life is offering you right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology