Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 01:34 PM

82 posts, read 88,645 times

Advertisements

1) My mom died when I was 8, I have not seen my father since I was 5.
2) I was raised in an emotionally abusive household until 18.
3) I am about to finish my bachelor's degree in December.
4) I left my girlfriend of three years to move to Colorado a couple months ago.
5) I have been to 32 states and hope to reach all 50 before the age of 25. (I turn 23 tomorrow)
6) I am outgoing but do not have many friends.
7) While I have tried a variety of substances, I now use only cannabis regularly.
8) Because of my lack of a childhood, I am attempting to relive that stage on some level as an adult by exercising a lot and trying new things.
9) While I use to want to go law school, I realized how unhappy that would make me and I'm changing directions to business or computer science.
10) My journey to strong mental health is going well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 03:06 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,200,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
So you are black but have white skin, blonde hair and green eyes???
Yeah.
albino black person - Kenosha Robinson - people with albinism
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albinism

Old 10-02-2015, 03:55 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,013,845 times
That's kinda cool.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:01 PM

465 posts, read 419,229 times
10) I hate when people start a sentence with "I mean" or "so."
9) I am 6'0 230 pound cardio nut. My size and favorite exercise does not match
8) I don't like my job at all though I work with great people.
7) I am a white man with little to no attraction to white women
6) I am a Republican who actually likes the President though he does a poor job.
5) I try to avoid people with high pitched whiny voices.
4) I gag when I find hair in my food...I throw the plate out...unless its my wife's hair.
3) I find women to be the best leaders...by far!!!
2) I am a loner who is actually very social
1) I graduated high school in the United Kingdom

Old 10-02-2015, 05:58 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,559,118 times
1. With over 7 billion people on the planet, I don't think I am much of a special snowflake (I identify with many of the items on the lists here).

2. In foods that involve chopped vegetables, the pieces have to be very small. For some reason, I do not like big chunks of veggies in salads, soups, etc.

3. The sensation of water on my hand when it just a drop or two, such as when I grab the toothbrush handle and its not completely dry, drives me crazy. I have to wipe it off and dry my hand before I can proceed.

4. I owned a pet chinchilla once and he would run laps around the bedroom at night (too noisy to keep him in his cage).

5. I have every card, letter, and postcard I've ever received since I was in 5th grade (not including junk mail).

6. If I have a choice, I will always prefer a long-haired dog or cat over a short-haired one.

7. I have never felt even mildly addicted to anything. I have smoked cigarettes, used drugs, taken prescribed medications that many become addicted to, and can always take or leave them. No feelings of craving even if I enjoyed the sensations the substance gave me. Same with eating junk food.

8. Under stress, I completely lose my appetite.

9. Once I write down the directions to somewhere, even if I haven't been there, I can almost always find my way there, even if I leave the directions at home.

10. I can't stand the taste of spearmint

Old 10-03-2015, 12:04 AM

7,036 posts, read 4,916,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
holy cow, you are really different!!!!!!
Is that a good thing? Actually, I really don't feel that unique, since I can find large groups of people who raise and show mice and model horses, build dollhouses, have a telescope, and own Dobermans who do agility. It's just they do one of those things as a hobby, not all of them the way I like to.

However, #9 doesn't count.[/quote]

OK, so how about this then?

9) While doing a summer drill with an SAR unit I was training with, we got to rappel off this building. That night, I carried my sleeping bag up there and was able to sleep on top of it for a couple hours until I was found. They said it was too dangerous to sleep there and they may have had a point.

So, technically, I went from crapping my pants at being up that high to loving it in the space of one day!

Old 10-03-2015, 04:28 AM

3,055 posts, read 2,934,739 times
1. I don't watch or own a television

2. I don't like listening to music. Classical music is about the only genre I enjoy sometimes, but rarely even play that.

3. I don't shave my legs. At all. (I'm female and my fiance doesn't mind it).

4. I love waking up real early in the morning, prefer around 3:30am, the latest 4:30.

5. I love reading real old letters (circa 1800s).

6. I don't like almost all sodas and rarely would have a cream soda and ginger ale [the ginger ale usually when I'm sick. I haven't had a cream soda in probably like 3 years at least, so that's rarely for me not like once every few months (since rarely is subjective)].

7. I adhere to the Westminster Confessions of Faith (someone early on mentioned she was Christian; I think quite a lot of people profess themselves to be so, but there's way fewer that have not moved on from those standards).

8. I don't like chocolate too much (sometimes regular chocolate candy is okay, but ice-cream and cake chocolate is just gross!!).

9. I really, really like rain and cloudy weather. I know most people *say* they do. Yet, I've found at least a lot of them I run into to be fair weather fans: Here in western north carolina where it has recently rained and was cloudy for like 5 days straight at one point, I found most of the people whom I had conversed with about rainy weather and had claimed to really like it like me to have been sick of it by then and had wanted the sun to be back! Well of course I turned my snobbish nose up at them and said ha, you don't like rain at all really I see! (no, not really, I hope the facetiousness came out in that sentence though maybe not).

10. I don't find tall muscular (not overly but decently) men to be attractive. I like shorter (5'8" to 5'10)" skinnier men.

That's all I can come up with for now.

Old 10-03-2015, 06:28 AM

2,234 posts, read 3,326,898 times
I have an IQ of 142 and an EQ of 160 yet my own family thinks I'm slow.
I keep to myself and talk only when I have something to say.
I'm a conservative, but not a republican.
I consider liberals to be logically retarded and lack critical thinking ability.
I will never allow anyone to even try to tell me how to think.
I do not like to be in-charge but always end up in-charge.
I prefer to be alone.
I'm 6 foot 4 inches tall and weight 220 but everyone thinks I weight 170.
Only my wife of 30 years knows anything about me, family, co workers, bosses, don't have a clue.
I have never smoked one cigarette, or tried any illegal drugs.

Old 10-03-2015, 02:35 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,934,739 times
More I came up with:

11. I prefer to travel alone

12. I've written 5 books (never published) most of them science-fiction/fantasy and one historical fiction

13. Until recently I only drank coffee and water nearly all the time. I realized though that I was deficient in calcium intake and since I hate milk, I added a glass of almond milk to my diet in the morning. I really like it, but I can't say I drink only coffee and water anymore!

14. I remember someone saying she was old-fashioned, well I am too. Most women I meet are either feminists or seem to have feministic tendencies. Well I might be called a misogynist by some perhaps. I believe women and men have their separate spheres and that it is best for society for the majority of them to stay in their appropriate roles (understanding you have some outliers that just don't fit). I feel a good percentage of the falling apart of society has to do with how women are working more outside the home and tried to get into those spheres which should be left to men (for example, the military. I think women do not belong in the military). I would prefer to be a housewife and mother if I could and not have a career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
Question: for those of you are quirky, does this impact your ability to relate to other people and establish/maintain friendships?
Just reading some of the older posts and came across this. Yes, for me I find it really hard to relate to most people which is probably why I found it hard to get into a relationship. The man I'm engaged to is eccentric and he thinks I am too. He's also over 20 years older than me, which isn't too common either!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology