Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 06:41 PM

263 posts, read 758,675 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am asking about someone I was dating as to whether or not they have the symptoms of BPD. I noticed she is very critical, gets agitated easily and accuses me of things that I'm not doing. For instance, if I'm texting her she accuses me of being sarcastic when I'm not - i.e if I typed "that's fine! Have a nice night!" she would write back "Pls stop being sarcastic" . In fact, she is the one that is very sarcastic! She always refers to people as mf'ers and worse. She even told an old man in an electric scooter to "get out of my way you old f'n man!" She also has made violent remarks such as throwing my one cat that pees on floor against a wall. She was upset that a lady did not stop her car and let us cross the street on foot so my friend yelled C*&T" to her. Also very OCD and controlling. She was critical with things such as my makeup not being the right color, complained I have sweaty palms and cold feet when in fact they were not at all. It was driving me crazy and I would show her and try to prove my palms were dry as can be. She also complained that my house wasn't clean enough. I noticed that she does seem to drink a lot of wine. FYI: she was sexually abused by an uncle for a few years as a child and does not work and collects SSD.

Do you take this behavior as borderline personality disorder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 07:01 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,350,167 times
You know that she needs help in getting her head unwrapped from her uncle sexually abusing her for a few years as a child.
She's got a load of rage that needs to be neutralized by a professional before someone decides to put her out of her misery after hearing a mouthful of her vitriol.
She's experiencing what in the old days would be considered Demonic possession

I'm kinda interested in why you were dating this bundle of joy.
You must luv being abused !

Old 08-20-2015, 07:04 PM

263 posts, read 758,675 times
I didn't really start seeing some one this until after we were dating. I have since ended it with her.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:11 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,505,193 times
Good description

Borderline Personality Disorder Symptoms | Psych Central

Old 08-20-2015, 08:34 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,565,794 times
Borderline personality disorder is basically a catch-all for shrinks who don't know how to categorize someone.

Why does it matter anyway? If her behavior isn't acceptable to you, don't see her anymore. No need to figure out some supposed diagnosis.

I think people like to believe that someone they don't get along with, must be crazy. So, then there is no supposed real justification for that person to be legitimately mad at them. Which means that someone who gets mad at them, must be out of their minds, because in "their" mind, there was no justification for it. Therefore, no need to look at their own behavior.

Anyway, the bottom line is that you don't like her behavior, so stay away from her.

Old 08-20-2015, 11:22 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,363,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestSideGirl310 View Post
Hello, I am asking about someone I was dating as to whether or not they have the symptoms of BPD. I noticed she is very critical, gets agitated easily and accuses me of things that I'm not doing. For instance, if I'm texting her she accuses me of being sarcastic when I'm not - i.e if I typed "that's fine! Have a nice night!" she would write back "Pls stop being sarcastic" . In fact, she is the one that is very sarcastic! She always refers to people as mf'ers and worse. She even told an old man in an electric scooter to "get out of my way you old f'n man!" She also has made violent remarks such as throwing my one cat that pees on floor against a wall. She was upset that a lady did not stop her car and let us cross the street on foot so my friend yelled C*&T" to her. Also very OCD and controlling. She was critical with things such as my makeup not being the right color, complained I have sweaty palms and cold feet when in fact they were not at all. It was driving me crazy and I would show her and try to prove my palms were dry as can be. She also complained that my house wasn't clean enough. I noticed that she does seem to drink a lot of wine. FYI: she was sexually abused by an uncle for a few years as a child and does not work and collects SSD.

She sounds like a horrible person... but didn't this post appear here on CD before?

Old 08-21-2015, 01:47 AM

6,406 posts, read 6,295,813 times
Just ask her. She should know her diagnosis if she gets SSDI.

Animal abuse is usually an element of antisocial personality disorder vs BPD but people can have both. BPD is also sometimes over diagnosed in females on the autistic spectrum.

Old 08-23-2015, 03:48 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,727,928 times
Quote:

I suppose she could be, but, the one think I would do for is make her NOT MY FRIEND.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:51 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,253,207 times
If she hasn't had repeated suicide attempts and doesn't have arms that look like ribbons she probably doesn't have BPD.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:49 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,291,304 times
Quote:

No. From what you have described/highlighted as regards her behavior and personality, she does not meet the criteria of an Axis II diagnosis of BPD. (Check out the DSM criteria for BPD. That would give you the best insight and answer....)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology