Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2015, 04:13 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,823,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Exactly. Anyone who thinks differently has never been through a male adolescence, never had painfully persistent erections at the most embarrassing time, or never had nocturnal emissions just because of hydraulic pressure. Every adolescent boy in the world is at risk for sexual obsession, and it is certainly all testosterone. The thing that will save him is not touchy-feely hugs. What he needs is something that fascinates him and drives him to excel in a non-sexual area.
Never had any of that crap, random boners, and wet dreams- that's tv show crap. Then again I had more than National Geographics Gana centerfold, and lost my virginity around 13.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
My girlfriend gets pissed because I don't want to go over and have sex enough, so this whole article makes zero sense to me....
Ah-ha! A wildcard variable!

Old 10-29-2015, 06:14 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,545,986 times
I don't think men are "obsessed" with sex. IMO, they just (normally) have stronger sex drives than most women.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:31 AM

I know if I can get it damn near whenever I want- which I can, now, I don't worry too much about sex.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:32 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
Roflmao, naw I think it's just those Dos Exuis comercials you do, gramps. What works for one person may not work for the next, I dissagree- as some one who has had many sex partners, on the easy to find part. Many a time I could not get laid, and I'm well experienced, and equiped for the job. Looking online, and in real life, months at a time, nothing is more aggrovating, and depressing than forced abstinance, because no one will look at you.
Hey, whippersnapper, try showing the girl real interest and real respect. Hint... don't be the first one to bring up sex, and don't talk about it all the time. Women do not like to be pressured or viewed as just another conquest.

But what the hey, I'm not the one who goes months at a time with no one who wants to talk, date, or be intimate with me.

That would be young 'uns like you. The inexperienced. The frustrated. The narcissistic ones.

But you do what works for you, gramps here will just carry on.

Old 10-29-2015, 03:36 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
Some men withhold sex for reasons of anger. I have read countless real tearful stories of this on psychology forums fraught with women whose husbands refuse to touch them. It's pretty common, actually.
My ex husband was one of those.

Withholding sex is withholding intimacy.

Without intimacy a relationship is dead.

Old 10-29-2015, 04:49 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,964,579 times
Men want sex because of women. Just look at those body parts. Let the congregation say damn baby. Cmere.

Old 10-29-2015, 05:05 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,035,526 times
I stopped reading when the author said "Sex quickly becomes addictive for most men". That is such an inaccurate statement that, in my mind, it negated anything else they had to say.

Old 10-29-2015, 08:42 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
Wether somethings end up being obvious or not, in a mans thinking, we aren't Fred Flintstone, or Tim Taylor. Most books, and zine articles like that usually end up being opinions, archetypes, and the generic. There is more than sports , and cars, and sex, really.

Guitars, Cadillacs and Hillbilly music.

Then there is sports, beer, food and sex.

Old 10-29-2015, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Hey, whippersnapper, try showing the girl real interest and real respect. Hint... don't be the first one to bring up sex, and don't talk about it all the time. Women do not like to be pressured or viewed as just another conquest.

But what the hey, I'm not the one who goes months at a time with no one who wants to talk, date, or be intimate with me.

That would be young 'uns like you. The inexperienced. The frustrated. The narcissistic ones.

But you do what works for you, gramps here will just carry on.
I'm not narcissitic. I am very diplomatic with women, I'm just not a great conversation starter. As far as going months without all that- I'm engaged now, I get it nearly every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology