Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2016, 11:57 PM

245 posts, read 193,638 times

Advertisements

Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

I already knew I was wrong (or how it appeared to outside). As I said, I just wanted to discuss the matter and vent.

Nonetheless, this thread made me think about being more flexible. ie Going even if he doesnt walk her down the aisle just so long as no other man does.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-02-2016 at 02:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 12:05 AM

339 posts, read 667,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinaloaPaisa View Post
I already knew I was wrong (or how it appeared to outside). As I said, I just wanted to discuss the matter and vent.

Nonetheless, this thread made me think about being more flexible. ie Going even if he doesnt walk her down the aisle just so long as no other man does.

It is not your wedding to decide that. You can't give an ultimatum or strings attached (I'll go as long as ____). NOT YOUR PLACE. Get over yourself. If you can't stand to see your sister happy on her wedding day, celebrating as SHE chooses to do so then don't go. She will be better off without you there. You have got to learn to swallow your pride. It isn't your day. It's clear you're not able to accept day for what it is; her day.

If you can man up and go and be there in whatever capacity she wants you to be (just attending, groomsman, walk her down aisle, etc) then I think you'll learn a valuable life lesson and also be happy for doing the selfless thing. It is, after all, her day and she can choose to celebrate however she wants. Though with your behavior you will be lucky to get an invite.

Old 01-02-2016, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins3445 View Post

It is not your wedding to decide that. You can't give an ultimatum or strings attached (I'll go as long as ____). NOT YOUR PLACE. Get over yourself. If you can't stand to see your sister happy on her wedding day, celebrating as SHE chooses to do so then don't go. She will be better off without you there. You have got to learn to swallow your pride. It isn't your day. It's clear you're not able to accept day for what it is; her day.

If you can man up and go and be there in whatever capacity she wants you to be (just attending, groomsman, walk her down aisle, etc) then I think you'll learn a valuable life lesson and also be happy for doing the selfless thing. It is, after all, her day and she can choose to celebrate however she wants. Though with your behavior you will be lucky to get an invite.
Ofcourse it is not my wedding. But it is my body and I decide what I participate in and dont.

My sister is free to do anything she wants in her wedding. Not only that I will love her and hold no grudges no matter what she chooses. Now I might be disappointed, but that is life.

However, If I feel my sister is being vindictive to our father I will not support that.

Old 01-02-2016, 12:19 AM

339 posts, read 667,142 times
Quote:
Ofcourse it is not my wedding. But it is my body and I decide what I participate in and dont.

My sister is free to do anything she wants in her wedding. Not only that I will love her and hold no grudges no matter what she chooses. Now I might be disappointed, but that is life.

However, If I feel my sister is being vindictive to our father I will not support that.
I'm not going to be a broken record. Please read everyone else's responses ([mod cut]) as to why you are flawed and extremely selfish and out of line in your thinking. Again, if you need to justify your behavior to live with yourself then do what you have to do. Doesn't make what you're doing any more acceptable.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-02-2016 at 02:13 PM.. Reason: Reference to competing website deleted.

Old 01-02-2016, 01:23 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,878,242 times
Quote:

Yet you support being vindictive to your sister. If she doesn't follow your demands on who walks her down the aisle (father or no one), you won't attend the wedding.

Strange.

Old 01-02-2016, 01:36 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,878,242 times
You knew there were problems when you were in high school, however you were largely missing in action after that as you took off to lead your own life.

Now she's leading hers.

While planning her wedding, she is considering doing it without your father's nutty behavior front and center.

Seems reasonable to me. Not sure why you believe you have the right to dictate her wedding plans.

But if you want to continue having a warm relationship with your sister, I'd get over that if I were you.

Old 01-02-2016, 01:03 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,025,017 times
Let me sum up this thread in one post, if I may...

C-D: Stop being rude and selfish.
OP: I'm not being rude or selfish, I just demand that my sister do as I say on her wedding or I wont go.

You're welcome.

Old 01-02-2016, 01:27 PM

527 posts, read 687,381 times
This has been echoed again and again. It is HER wedding. Stay out of it. Not your place to make her do what you want her to do.

Old 01-02-2016, 03:03 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,376,385 times
I have not read the entire thread.........but, I can see how the OP's sister feels.

She is afraid her father would do something to ruin her day.

I am sure he has ruined may things in her lifetime.

I have been there.

Old 01-02-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caarmour View Post
This has been echoed again and again. It is HER wedding. Stay out of it. Not your place to make her do what you want her to do.
Ive said this again and again, I do not want to make her do anything. I want her to do what she feels is right or wants to do. Cant fault anyone for being true to themselves or doing what they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology