Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 12:05 PM

28,970 posts, read 30,332,663 times

Advertisements

I watched the movie, "Truth", which brought to mind another thought about bullies and their tactics

Hitler, for instance...It has always amazed me, how he was able to not only take over but to murder so so so many thousands of people. I can't help but wonder how and why, could all those people not fight back, rush him and kill him?

How did he acquire the ability to conquer and kill all those people?

Could it be by bully tactics? How does one get so many people to follow him, like they did in the beginning?

Well, I believe the answer might be, when people are hungry and desperate for their families. Hunger and poverty....gives one something to think about....

Hitler was a bully, and yet, people followed him....

Old 09-10-2016, 12:27 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,534,044 times
OP, you believe the entire media world is owned by the Democratic party? This isn't even a political thread. By bringing up such foolishness, I can't even take you seriously anymore as I would have to question your cognitive skills. I'm out.

Old 09-10-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
OP, you believe the entire media world is owned by the Democratic party? This isn't even a political thread. By bringing up such foolishness, I can't even take you seriously anymore as I would have to question your cognitive skills. I'm out.
yeah, my cognitive skills are off sometimes, b/c I do have MS

and yes, the Democratic Party is extremely strong b/c of owning so many news stations....that kind of power is dangerous....just another example of rich bullies, which live among us in all shapes and sizes....

As far as you being out, that's fine, your choice....deferring to insults is another way a bully seems to gleam they've won.

Old 09-10-2016, 12:48 PM

153 posts, read 211,920 times
Look at the attacks on Leslie Jones through social media. She almost broke down over it. I honestly think it makes people feel better about themselves if they get to attack through social media. I saw an older woman the other day attack a sales lady
verbally because of a misunderstanding. Clearly, this woman was in pain (she looked like she needed to be in hospice)
so it's hard to be patient with people that are in pain. She was mad at the world. I've read depression can cause pain too, then
it affects their behavior behind the wheel with road rage too.

Old 09-10-2016, 12:53 PM

6,741 posts, read 4,433,014 times
Shouting out negatives, or running your mouth being a bully is all about attention. Possibly not getting it in their daily life. Bullies are usually shallow and have nothing else to say.But taking it serious or letting it affect me, No! You're only as vulnerable as you let yourself be.

Old 09-10-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyrye View Post
Look at the attacks on Leslie Jones through social media. She almost broke down over it. I honestly think it makes people feel better about themselves if they get to attack through social media. I saw an older woman the other day attack a sales lady
verbally because of a misunderstanding. Clearly, this woman was in pain (she looked like she needed to be in hospice)
so it's hard to be patient with people that are in pain. She was mad at the world. I've read depression can cause pain too, then
it affects their behavior behind the wheel with road rage too.
yes, there are most certainly attacks that ruin the lives of others....
and it's very sad....

good post

Old 09-10-2016, 03:31 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,714,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
There was this one couple, who had saved their birthday cake, that a news station reported on, and women, literally 50 or more, came into the article and instead of saying, Happy Anniversary and leaving it at that, they had all kinds of personal insults towards that couple for keeping the cake in the freezer that long?????

They were probably jealous that this couple had stayed married for so long.

Otherwise, who would even care about cake in a freezer? They were definitely jealous.

Old 09-10-2016, 03:36 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,714,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmy00 View Post
Social media has given people an outlet for their anger and hatred. And a lot of people are anonymous/semi-anonymous on social media, so there are no consequences.
I went to high school with a horrible bully, and he's all over social media. I happened to see him posting with his FB profile, and hurling all kinds of insults at people in political debates. Using his favorite insult "idiot" to attack those he disagrees with. He is still filled with rage and hatred, even after all these years.

Old 09-10-2016, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
They were probably jealous that this couple had stayed married for so long.

Otherwise, who would even care about cake in a freezer? They were definitely jealous.
I'm not making up stories, it was mostly women, and there were a lot of them....what this couple's tradition was, they froze their wedding cake and every year together, they would cut off a tiny piece and eat it...
you should have heard the comments...and I thought, (and you have kids) and actually was the news feed that sparked this post....I cannot believe how nasty people have gotten? The news was trying to make something kind and wonderful out of the story?

Women? Vile and mean spirited...(and of course I don't mean all women) but seriously, most of the comments were negative horrible comments.

Old 09-10-2016, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
I went to high school with a horrible bully, and he's all over social media. I happened to see him posting with his FB profile, and hurling all kinds of insults at people in political debates. Using his favorite insult "idiot" to attack those he disagrees with. He is still filled with rage and hatred, even after all these years.
If you take notice, no matter where you post, bullies, always, and I mean always have to have the last word, no matter how logical you are, no matter what you say, they cannot stand to allow you the last word, and they will do everything they can to put you down, they accuse you of being what they are.

Ignorant and completely obvious. My son tells me, people he deals with are the same....they are criminals, but bullies (he is a police officer) and they always have to have the last word, even if it incriminates them, even if it takes their comeback to be a few minutes or hours, it bothers them so very much, that you've had the last word, they just refuse to allow it. That is a bully. Sad, b/c when they put you down verbally it is so obvious...so, believe me, someday, karma rears it's ugly head, and your school mate will be in for a very rude awakening.

you can really see, why so many kids are bullies in school today, they are products of their parents...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology