Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 01:02 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,036,104 times

Advertisements

Your parents write a letter, your doctor lies on your behalf and that's that? The school has no formal process? Again, extremely odd. Almost....unbelievable.

Old 12-19-2016, 01:03 PM

18 posts, read 19,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
so your parents and dr lie to the school?
Pretty much.

I got a sick note.

Should I even be discussing this ? But yes, if you have the right doctors they'll say you've been 'sick'.

I took a lot of drugs and drink, so technically I was 'sick'. But not the kind which was told.

Either way... can you give me some advice ?

Old 12-19-2016, 01:04 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaDelavine1992 View Post

My parents write in every time i fail blaming it on my 'health'. My doctor has supported this.
High-schoolers get "sick notes," not drug addicts.

I'm still very dubious about your situation as you have described it.

Why such effort on the part of adults to enable you?

Old 12-19-2016, 01:06 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,841,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaDelavine1992 View Post
Pretty much.

I got a sick note.

Should I even be discussing this ? But yes, if you have the right doctors they'll say you've been 'sick'.

I took a lot of drugs and drink, so technically I was 'sick'. But not the kind which was told.

Either way... can you give me some advice ?
Read your thread, i gave you advice but heres some more:

Go to a counselor as part of your recovery and keep attending NA meetings

Old 12-19-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Your parents write a letter, your doctor lies on your behalf and that's that? The school has no formal process? Again, extremely odd. Almost....unbelievable.
I'm not sure why this part is why you're pressing on but I'll elaborate, I've had ongoing drug issues and food issues for a long time. My doctor is a classic pill pusher, it's a private doctor, high end.

I can go in and say I've been 'depressed' and they'll happily write a script and give me a sick note for school,. Very happily. They charge about $300 an hour and pretty much give you anything you want. Doctor gives me a sick note.

I take it to school. Say I haven't attended classes as I've been 'depressed' aka partying. School accepts said note.

I've now done this twice.

I'm not sure why this is so unfathomable. Private doctors, particularly the high end ones in my experience will give you a script for anything and write anything.

Literally.

Particularly psychiatrists.

This is common knowledge.

Old 12-19-2016, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
High-schoolers get "sick notes," not drug addicts.

I'm still very dubious about your situation as you have described it.

Why such effort on the part of adults to enable you?
I'm not a 'drug addict'.

I have simply partied and gotten drugs and also do some lines of cocaine. I am not a drug addict. I am just what would be described in London or NYC as a 'party girl'. It's important to note depending on where you are reading this from this might not make sense.

I live in a large metropolitan city where people do cocaine on weekends. I got carried away.

It's important to note I live in a large city and mainly party in London or NYC and my lifestyle isn't an anomaly. I'm not here to explain my lifestyle. I want advice on my FUTURE.

I came here for real advice.

I did not come here for enabling.

I actually came here for genuine advice.

Please google 'trust fund babies' etc for more information about the general lifestyle. I didn't make this thread for grilling on that stuff.

Old 12-19-2016, 01:11 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,658,483 times
You should find a career/business that really challenges you and something you can be enthusiastic about. I always advised my children, "find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life."

Once you decide what type of career you desire, put all your effort into succeeding at it. Go to school, get the degree and STOP THE PARTYING. You're lazy? Or are you depressed because you have no direction?

Find some new friends that enjoy being friends, doing things together and having fun. Not the partying, drunk, **** money over the bar friends, friends that truly like you and have goals in life.

Old 12-19-2016, 01:13 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,093,479 times
You are not ready for school yet.... You are pretty much not ready for anything but your own self gratification. Nothing inife is worth it to you because you do not have skin in the game.

Change?

You gotta find something that you find more valuable than your own desires and gratification.

How?

It is different for each individual... They have to discover on their own. There is great fullfillment in building and improving things in society.... Start there...

If i were in your shoes knowing and seeing what i have seen, i would be in a perfect situation to volunteer and help those a lot less fortunate than myself. Being able to emerse myself in that humanitarian work without worrying about meeting my own needs wants and financial obligations is a gift.

With that said.... It is really hard to sympathize with someone who has made the choices you have made in life. But the only person you need to satisfy is yourself.

Old 12-19-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
A "sick note" for an entire semester of college?

Oh, okay. You might want to consider going to a real school.
Yep.

Blamed depression.

It's a small school though, in upstate NYC. I'm not sure how it would work in a bigger school.

I know bigger ****wits than me at these small private liberal art colleges...

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-19-2016 at 02:07 PM..

Old 12-19-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
You should find a career/business that really challenges you and something you can be enthusiastic about. I always advised my children, "find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life."

Once you decide what type of career you desire, put all your effort into succeeding at it. Go to school, get the degree and STOP THE PARTYING. You're lazy? Or are you depressed because you have no direction?

Find some new friends that enjoy being friends, doing things together and having fun. Not the partying, drunk, **** money over the bar friends, friends that truly like you and have goals in life.
Thanks so much man.

Going to write all these down in my note book. I 100% need new friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology