Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2017, 06:04 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,308,274 times

Advertisements

they should move to China where there's a shortage of women thanks to the "girl babies are disposable. We want boy" bandwagon. Lots of MGTOW over there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2017, 06:27 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,089,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
So because of a few, you/they paint them all with a broad brush.
There you go again. Talking about "Broad brush" instead of addressing what I was saying. The MGTOW web site, the MGTOW videos and blogs are saying this stuff. This is the first and biggest impression we all get. But you still whine about "broad brush" and claim that just a "few" feel this way? The misogynist garbage is front and center on the website, but we're painting with a broad brush when we notice that? You're kidding, right?

Quote:
I'm sure that there are men that don't associate being MGTOW that feel the same way - why don't you/they go after them too?
Because they don't whine on websites, videos and message boards about how worthless and evil women are. Get it? We don't care what they think, or what they do, because they are living their lives instead of whining. If they don't want to marry, they can do so, with our blessing.

Quote:
There are women who want men to be their slaves - I guess that's okay.
LOL, and there you go with the whining about something that NOBODY here ever said. We think women who classify ALL men as lower are just as pathetic as the MGTOWs on the forums, websites, and videos.

Remember, we're responding to what is said on the MGTOW forums, websites, and on MGTOW-themed videos. Could you address that, please? We're not putting all those hateful words in their mouths. They're publishing it on MGTOW.com and elsewhere.

Old 03-12-2017, 06:48 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Another thing that drives many men into MGTOW is that men who want a relationship are sick of spending a fortune on dates, and it leads nowhere. Yet women can have sex on demand.

I'd rather go to a strip club and get a lapdance. At least I'll get a better value than to take a woman on a fancy dinner and I might never see her again. It would be better if I can pick up a hooker but that's illegal.
If only there were some sort of middle ground between spending a fortune on fancy dinners, and getting a lapdance!

Oh, wait -- there is. In fact, there's a huge and vast chasm between those two things. But let me guess -- in the MGTOW universe, there isn't. All women are exploiters of men who just want to be wined and dined before disappearing forever. Something like that?

Hint: that's not reality. But the MGTOWers don't seem all that well-acquainted with reality.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:27 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,998,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
53% of women voted for Trump. If it had been left up to men, Hillary would be president. Yeah, you rule the country. I hope you are having fun.
Let's clarify...white women voted for Trump. White women complain about misogyny more than any other group of women, yet they're the most likely to uphold the system they complain about.

Basically: white privilege > feminism

Minority groups can blame a lack of power on sheer numbers. White women alone are a larger group than blacks, Latinos and Asians of all genders combined. WW are the largest single demographic group and have the agency to level the playing field. Truth is, they feel (true or not) that challenging white male hegemony could jeopardize their privilege and aren't willing to give that up.

Old 03-13-2017, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
Let's clarify...white women voted for Trump. White women complain about misogyny more than any other group of women, yet they're the most likely to uphold the system they complain about.

Basically: white privilege > feminism

Minority groups can blame a lack of power on sheer numbers. White women alone are a larger group than blacks, Latinos and Asians of all genders combined. WW are the largest single demographic group and have the agency to level the playing field. Truth is, they feel (true or not) that challenging white male hegemony could jeopardize their privilege and aren't willing to give that up.
Feminism has taken some odd turns, and I can't say that I agree with some of the things that some feminists rattle on about. But feminism is a rather broad term. It's been around for a long time, and many women self-identify as "feminist" that wouldn't necessarily be on board with some of the more whacky things some feminists talk about.

MGTOW has a more focused identity, in that it has a website and other online presences and we look there first to see what they are about. And as I have already pointed out, what they seem to be about is hating on women.

But, even with the agreement that some types of feminists have gone off the rails into crazyhood, how does it change anything that the MGTOWs have said repeatedly on their site, forums, blogs, videos, and so forth? The feminists (some of them) may be full of baloney, true. But that doesn't mean that ALL women shouldn't be allowed to vote, that ALL women are tacky promiscuous tramps, that ALL women should stay at home birthing babies--no wait--they should be contributing to society more (which they can't, because they're home with the babies--no wait--staying home means they don't contribute which in turn means that they should have no say in anything because they are inferior to men!). LOL. This is the kind of garbage that MGTOW talks about. Not just about feminists, but women in general. And by MGTOW, I mean the online representations of it (forum, website, etc).

Again I will repeat that I'm not talking about ALL men here, not even men who have sworn off marriage or who have a problem with some flavors of feminism. I'm talking only about MGTOW, like MGTOW.com and all its MGTOW variants. They're the ones who keep on beating the drum loudest about how worthless and awful ALL women are.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:49 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
If only there were some sort of middle ground between spending a fortune on fancy dinners, and getting a lapdance!

Oh, wait -- there is. In fact, there's a huge and vast chasm between those two things. But let me guess -- in the MGTOW universe, there isn't. All women are exploiters of men who just want to be wined and dined before disappearing forever. Something like that?

Hint: that's not reality. But the MGTOWers don't seem all that well-acquainted with reality.

Right? Because meeting for coffee, hiking, ice cream and such aren't a thing?

But you know what I got from his post? He wants some guaranteed return on his money. I think he should go to the strip clubs instead of dating, or better yet, The Bunny Ranch (is that still a thing?).
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-13-2017, 06:15 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Right? Because meeting for coffee, hiking, ice cream and such aren't a thing?

But you know what I got from his post? He wants some guaranteed return on his money. I think he should go to the strip clubs instead of dating, or better yet, The Bunny Ranch (is that still a thing?).
I got out of his post, that he doesn't know how to plan an interesting date. "Fancy restaurants" Zzzzz.
But, somehow that's the woman's fault lol

Old 03-13-2017, 09:26 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Another thing that drives many men into MGTOW is that men who want a relationship are sick of spending a fortune on dates, and it leads nowhere. Yet women can have sex on demand.

I'd rather go to a strip club and get a lapdance. At least I'll get a better value than to take a woman on a fancy dinner and I might never see her again. It would be better if I can pick up a hooker but that's illegal.
Yep. Men who don't come on strong are just tired of being friend zoned while women go after the players and then complain they are being played. As someone pointed out here, plenty of druggies and drunks and prison inmates have women chasing them and are having kids. Women would rather have damaged and tough, or at least the social perception of tough. If they were smart they'd all marry their guy friends they hang around with but have no "chemistry" with.

FWIW this is just their genetic drive... Its as hard to change as a shy, socially awkward man to suddenly become Mr. Confident. Aside from the guy being funny they don't really know what they want in general so it can be a bad idea to get advice from women on how to attract them.

Old 03-14-2017, 01:25 AM

30,891 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
I never understood why average looking men are so fat-phobic when weight is a changeable situation. I would think that a woman 20-50 lbs overweight who gets into a good relationship is more likely to drop a few especially if they hook up with a more active partner. Every friend of mine drops 15 lbs in a new relationship no matter if they needed to or not.
In theory, it's changeable. In practice, most people don't lose the weight and/or don't keep it off for long--so it's better to accept people as they are (or not) and to accept their condition is not going to change.

Old 03-14-2017, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
In theory, it's changeable. In practice, most people don't lose the weight and/or don't keep it off for long--so it's better to accept people as they are (or not) and to accept their condition is not going to change.
There's some truth to this. Though, I think a person who is a little overweight would probably take it off, while someone who has struggled with obesity for all their life—maybe they will, maybe they won't.

Everyone has their tastes and types. If some men don't want to date women that are a little overweight, that's their right. Some women don't want to date short guys, or too skinny, too fat, tacky car, whatever. I don't fault anyone for their tastes, even if they seem shallow to others.

What I find amusing, and what I've witnessed on C-D, are the MGTOW and Manosphere guys who are pissed that women are overweight, as if all the overweight women in the world are purposely that way just to deprive men of hot girlfriends. We had a long, protracted thread a few years back when at least one guy said exactly that. He thought all overweight women should be obligated to lose weight so lonely guys would have a larger pool of potential girlfriends to choose from. You can't make this stuff up.

(BTW, I expect to get these weird, anonymous rep comments when I bring subjects like this up. There are some oddballs that lurk on C-D and get their feathers ruffled when I point this kind of crazy stuff out.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology