Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2017, 01:49 PM

4,800 posts, read 2,802,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post

I think that due to conservation of energy and mass, there is a pin for every balloon in the universe.
& thus the fate of the expanding universe. Well played, sir!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 01:50 PM

628 posts, read 695,751 times
1. Call Physician's office they ask your birthday, not your name!
2. Calling Comcast or AT & T U have to answer 20 questions B 4 U can speak to a real person.

Old 05-21-2017, 01:51 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
When some random woman tells me to smile because I look "sad." Let any man tell some of tell a woman to smile more and you'll want to slap the crap out of him. I'm not here to entertain you so mind your own business and stop being rude.
...never EVER heard a woman say that to a random man. And yeah...just as bad vice versa.

Old 05-21-2017, 01:54 PM

50,816 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I just say that's it just my ordinary look and if I want to smile I will.
You can't talk to people like that in customer service. I just smiled.

Old 05-21-2017, 01:56 PM

Default Metrically flailing - ain't got no rhythm

Quote:

I almost wonder if my local supermarket has removed some of the corrals...

But what the heck, I'm usually game to push the cart back to the door, just more exercise for me.
But of course, it's the 'markets' attempt to identify with & cash in on the free range concept, merely carried to an absurd length (car length? car lengths? not, hopefullyl, to Sisyphean lengths - & yet, a myth is as good as a mile [klick? 1 & 3/8 klicks?])

Old 05-21-2017, 01:57 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Used to be you backed out of parking slots slowly so people would see you and wait...now when you back out slowly watching for people they're driving 25 (in a parking lot) and try to raise around behind you rather than wait. And then they honk at you for having the nerve to pull out.
Quote:
I had that happen. Scared the sh** out of me!

I creep out now, slowly block the way with my overly large SUV, and take my time and care to not bump any other vehicles. Honk if you think I'm not being careful enough and I'll take that as a warning to be more deliberate in my de-parking.

Hey! that's a high-five minus four you gestured me! Or was it your IQ? Like I care...
I know, but the slower you back out, the more confident they are that they can "beat you"!

Sometimes if they honk I see where they end up parking and honk back at them when I pass!

Old 05-21-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Hey, do I know you? ;D I do that. I go to HEB on a Sunday afternoon, because you can do your shopping and while you're walking around they give you lunch. And you can bet it's going to taste good, too!
I love samples! We have a festival called Block Party, a big crafts fair on the street, and I know where ALL the "sample people" are, lol. The dip booths are my favorite, because you can sample about 20 kinds of dip (they offer baskets of pretzel sticks and tongs). IF the cookie mix people are there (they sell already prepared cookie mixes) because they have deep bowls of teeny-tiny versions of about 15 different kinds of cookies. I usually eat so much I feel compelled to buy a bag.. "Hmmm, I'm still not sure, I better taste the oatmeal chocolate chunk raisin again..."

Old 05-21-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I know, but the slower you back out, the more confident they are that they can "beat you"!

Sometimes if they honk I see where they end up parking and honk back at them when I pass!
I'm going to add another pet peeve as a small car owner, I come out to my car and find a ginormous SUV parked next to me and I have to now back out totally blind. I try to back in when I can, but just like with backing out, people aren't patient and allow you to make the maneuvers needed.

I will also add people who drive big pickups and SUVs and park over the lines (don't even get me started on not clearing snow from the roof)

Old 05-21-2017, 02:08 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
But of course, it's the 'markets' attempt to identify with & cash in on the free range concept, merely carried to an absurd length (car length? car lengths? not, hopefullyl, to Sisyphean lengths - & yet, a myth is as good as a mile [klick? 1 & 3/8 klicks?])
Whatever gets your rocks up the hill!

I swear, there are fewer and fewer cart corrals and the auto parking spaces get smaller and smaller. That last one is because the "gummint" decided it's more politically correct to drive "energy efficient vehicles" so they warp the zoning laws and require shopping centers to provide a specific percentage of "compact only" parking spots, in order to punish we unthoughtful, selfish SUV owners.

Hey, at least I take my 4x4 places where it sometimes takes an imagination to decide where the road is. Except we call them 4x4 tracks...

Old 05-21-2017, 02:16 PM

Default A prayer to St. Gutenberg & the unknown Chinese

& my favorite bĂȘte noire: We're in & out of the public library a lot - & we're still amazed @ the number of books with dog-eared pages - instead of finding some scrap of paper to mark the spot. I've even found a dollar bill in there - but I think that was an oversight.

Push comes to shove, I'll memorize (in short-term, natch') the page I'm on. It doesn't occur to me to vandalize the book just because I don't have a sheet or envelope or something with me that I can use to hold the place, without damaging the book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology