Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 10:06 PM

47 posts, read 43,050 times

Advertisements

I take stimulants in the day and Clonopin at night and forgot I needed to refill the Clons and my jaw and upper/lower mouth feels locked and is hurting like a migraine would. I do not know if I can sleep like this. My whole body is stiff and aches. Motrin may help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 04:48 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,534,408 times
That stuff is highly addictive like all benzodiazepines. Would never take it routinely. Ever try low dose Remerol? You WILL sleep through the night, without the bento hangover.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:31 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,784,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LettheRightOneIn View Post
I take stimulants in the day and Clonopin at night and forgot I needed to refill the Clons and my jaw and upper/lower mouth feels locked and is hurting like a migraine would. I do not know if I can sleep like this. My whole body is stiff and aches. Motrin may help.
No I take as FEW drugs as I can. Your body doesn't know if it's coming or going. Benzos are also linked to brain loss/memory = alzheimers.

Here is my posting from Alternative Section here on my Sleep Remedy:

//www.city-data.com/forum/alter...my-remedy.html

Old 06-23-2017, 12:28 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,784,983 times
This is a different clon I guess.

'Urgent action' needed over anti-psychotic drug clozapine following deaths | Stuff.co.nz

Old 06-24-2017, 10:25 AM

47 posts, read 43,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Yes, indeed that is different. I do not need the anti psychotics, yet, anyhow. I am fortunate not to. Knock on wood. I filled it yesterday morning and immediately took one with my uppers and the physically symptoms relieved themselves like a smooth wave and the effect were immediate. Tremendous relief. I am okay in that I can use and not become a junkie. There is a complex difference between addict, junkies, and users. Thank you for your concern and replies.

Old 06-25-2017, 12:59 AM

876 posts, read 814,846 times
I was prescribed the benzodiazapine Klonopin (the generic is Clonazepam) for several months. At the time it was for insomnia and sleep disorder that gave me violent muscle spasms called hypnagogic jerks.

It worked very well at relaxing me. Previously the spasms would last 1-2 hours before I fell asleep, with Klonopin, I could fall asleep in under an hour usually.

After taking it every day for a month, I started to have memory issues. After a couple months, I started to realize my work was being negatively affected. Moods swings, irrational behavior, even blackouts started to occur. So I decided to stop abruptly. Because I had quit my job recently I no longer had insurance, so I waited to just see what would happen.

Benzodiazapine withdrawal is considered to be a medical emergency because a person can have a fatal seizure. A medically supervised taper of the drug is necessary to safely come off benzos, even so, it's going to be a difficult process. After a day or two I began to experience convulsions, extreme insomnia, and fasciculations. (random firing of an area of a muscle).

The first two weeks I slept in increments of a few minutes at a time. My sheets were soaked through with sweat. Due to lack of sleep, I barely left my bed for days, other than to get up to eat, drink water, and go to the restroom. I couldn't do anything else. I think it was a month before I could try to get my life back together again, but my memory of that period is a little fuzzy.

While benzos do provide relief at first, whatever symptoms you had before will come back several times stronger when you stop. There are some people who believe that they do permanent neurological damage. I feel like I'm not the same person I was before starting them. Depression and anhedonia is always with me.

Even though you may feel in control and able to handle it all, just be aware that taking a benzo for months or years at a time can lead to physical addiction. It's not a matter of will power, it's that they change your brain chemistry so much that it may never be the same.

Old 06-25-2017, 11:51 AM

102,233 posts, read 108,076,189 times
Why do you take stimulants during the day? You should stop that. Then you may find you don't need a sleep aid at night.

You're really messing with your natural hormonal system, OP. Let your body's system do what it's designed to do; wake you up in the morning, reach a peak at mid-day, and very gradually prepare you for sleep in the evening.

How did you get started on this drug regime? Maybe you should see an endocrinologist?

Old 06-25-2017, 07:04 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,516,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
That stuff is highly addictive like all benzodiazepines. Would never take it routinely. Ever try low dose Remerol? You WILL sleep through the night, without the bento hangover.
Remeron (mirtazapine) is an evil, evil drug. Side effects listed are increased appetite and weight gain but, if anything, those effects are severely downplayed. I gained a stone and a half in a month on that bloody drug, weight I'm still trying to get off. I would take it before bed and eat everything in reach before falling asleep and would wake it and get right back to it since there was still some bioavailability yet to metabolise.

In answer to the OP: I've taken Klonopin for years for insomnia and sleep throughout the night and wake without any hangover. I have Fibromayalgia and take methocarbamol for the fasciculations (muscle twitches) that are part of fibro. Nice thing is it's not a narcotic and it adds to my sleep (life-long insomniac).

Hell - the only good part about getting sick with Fibro and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is the amount of meds I'm on. Unless I'm in a fatigue attack I sleep through the night and feel bloody super when I wake up. I'f I'm in an attack I can't get enough sleep and still feel like I didn't get any at all.

Needless to say I'm a proponent of better living through chemistry.

Old 06-25-2017, 11:05 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,028,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why do you take stimulants during the day? You should stop that. Then you may find you don't need a sleep aid at night.

You're really messing with your natural hormonal system, OP. Let your body's system do what it's designed to do; wake you up in the morning, reach a peak at mid-day, and very gradually prepare you for sleep in the evening.

How did you get started on this drug regime? Maybe you should see an endocrinologist?
I'm guessing that the op takes adderall for add.

Old 06-25-2017, 11:07 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,028,070 times
If you run out of klonopin, take Benadryl. I'm surprised you take klonopin to sleep since it's got a way long half life. You should be taking Xanax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology