Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 10:41 AM

50,807 posts, read 36,501,346 times

Advertisements

I don't have any enemies. At my last job I worked with a girl who I didn't like and she didn't like me, and I am 99% certain she threw my clip board out, but there was no rooting for failure or anything. We just didn't interact more than we had to. I would not go so far at all as to say we hated or wished harm on each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 10:45 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumb View Post
No matter where you go in life, you create enemies. If you don't have enemies, you're not alive.

These people hate you and desire direct harm to you. They will find satisfaction when you lose, and take great pleasure in it. They will celebrate how it is to be your enemy.

How is it that we create enemies? Are we simply that basic and simplistic? Or is there a more important advantage with the reality of having enemies?
Totally disagree....I'm alive and as far as I know have no enemies that hate me and wish to harm me.
I think enemies are "created" when we foolishly listen to others and then judge people even when having never met them.
Do you really have people who want to harm you??? who hate you????

The only people I can think who would be like that are people who's religious beliefs are intollerant of others.
No-one I know would ever feel that way towards someone.

Maybe jealousy, or envy play a role in such misguided hate...who knows.

Sometimes people mean you harm (for their own personal gain) but they don't really hate you.
I can't imagine there to be any "advantage" to having enemies like the ones you describe....maybe one would become more cautious...or less trusting of others.

Old 10-25-2017, 02:04 PM

10,900 posts, read 7,393,957 times
sounds like something someone who is really into drama, or maybe a bit paranoid would say.
Some people don't like me. Some avoid me. But nobody wants to "destroy" me.

Old 10-25-2017, 04:42 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,644,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumb View Post
No matter where you go in life, you create enemies. If you don't have enemies, you're not alive.

I've always found the idea of enemies to be strange. Simply discovering them was surprising, and even then they screwed themselves up at how hostile they were. Then I discovered enemies of my own.

How is it that we create enemies? Are we simply that basic and simplistic? Or is there a more important advantage with the reality of having enemies?
I honestly hope that anyone who's a decent person will never WANT enemies. That having an enemy is an unfortunate byproduct of something we did to irk the person.

Personality clashes are my #1 reason for why we have enemies. Someone who cannot handle us. I'm not saying we're ruthless and mean and cutthroat, but when we speak up about something that bothers us and the other person ends up feeling hurt, we unintentionally created an enemy.

I'm saying this because I'm going through this at work. My co-worker is like this. We're having this back-and-forth, passive aggressive way of hurting each other without even saying a word to each other. I want to stop this crap, but every time I stop, she does something blatant to avoid me, so I make a choice to stay away from her so I won't see her doing this, she senses this and does something blatant to avoid me again, and I again make a choice to stay away from her, and the cycle continues. It sounds childish and dumb, but if you were both of us, it hurts like a MOFO. It's called being a human being with emotions.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:01 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
I’m a supervisor for a banking department so I make a hell of a lot of enemies. Frankly, I’ve long stopped giving a about being hated so I do what I have to. I’ve accepted it as the dirty work of the dude who has to say no and call people on their BS.

Old 10-25-2017, 07:10 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,961,640 times
Do and have I had people who didn't like me and vice versa? Sure. Did I have people at work and in life who tried to take me down? Sure. They failed, and I got stronger and smarter. Did I have people I hated or conspired against? Never. If you hate someone that much, you are hurting yourself more than you are hurting them.

Old 10-26-2017, 08:08 PM

1,257 posts, read 889,174 times
As far as I know, I don’t have any. And I don’t consider anyone my personal enemy. I try to get along with everyone. If some hate me, so be it. I certainly don’t sit around pondering it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology