Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 12:46 AM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,208,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
No, that's appalling. If a child is being a brat in a supermarket or restaurant you either speak to the parents or ask the management to do something. Only a coward and a bully does something to hurt a child.
Yup
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2018, 07:36 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,309,922 times
I watched the video, and the only person who purposely tryed to hurt someone was the pregnant women...I don't see that the little sweetheart did anything wrong...it's not his fault the plastic hit the woman...that's the restaurants fault for putting that table so close to the doorway.
Lets hope people will be kinder to her child than she was to this one.

Old 04-26-2018, 09:40 AM

4,488 posts, read 1,648,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I watched the video, and the only person who purposely tryed to hurt someone was the pregnant women...I don't see that the little sweetheart did anything wrong...it's not his fault the plastic hit the woman...that's the restaurants fault for putting that table so close to the doorway.
Lets hope people will be kinder to her child than she was to this one.
I wouldn’t consider him a “little sweetheart”, he was running in a restaurant and could have knocked an elderly person down. I realize he’s just a young child, but his parents need to teach him how to behave in a public place. That being said, the woman who tripped him was wrong and should be charged with assault, the kid could have ended up with brain damage!

Old 04-27-2018, 08:26 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,309,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I wouldn’t consider him a “little sweetheart”, he was running in a restaurant and could have knocked an elderly person down. I realize he’s just a young child, but his parents need to teach him how to behave in a public place. That being said, the woman who tripped him was wrong and should be charged with assault, the kid could have ended up with brain damage!
He IS a little sweetheart.....he was running to do his parents bidding....he didn't knock "an elderly person down".....and who's to say that he isn't a very well-behaved child?

This one act of short flight in a restaurant would not make me label or judge him to be an unruly child...nor his parents of not disciplining their boy.

I's be more concerned about the upbringing of an adult who could have seriously hurt a child, purposely ,and figure it was justified.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:06 PM

32,972 posts, read 36,478,085 times
Mom didn't have control. It happened to me once when my my son was was three. It didn't happen a second time.

Old 04-28-2018, 11:07 AM

50,996 posts, read 36,695,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBAinTexas View Post
We all have seen it at one time or another in person and it annoys us. A little brat runs around in public, in a supermarket or a restaurant or et cetera.

Do you ever think about tripping that kid to "teach him/her a lesson", but held back because it might be illegal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ1JuSmj2QM
Absolutely not. It is not just illegal, it's unethical. Especially because the same person who has no qualms tripping the child would not be so "brave" if it were someone their equal in size and maturity level.

It's also stupid. If the kid suffered a brain injury hitting his head on the floor or broke his nose, you can kiss your financial future goodbye.

Old 04-28-2018, 05:45 PM

438 posts, read 270,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I would never purposefully hurt a child. If I ever started feeling like it might be a good idea, I think I'd seek psychiatric treatment immediately.

I'm not a mushy-gushy, "ooh, look at the baby" type of person. I just don't think people should hurt children, animals, or the elderly because it's a monstrous thing to do.
+1 Perfectly expressed!

Old 04-29-2018, 08:30 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,386,253 times
Passive/aggressive behaviour by the pregnant woman. This should never be acceptable.

Yes, the little boy was running in an area where he shouldn't have been, and yes, the parent(s) of the little boy should have been alerted to the fact that his running caused someone to receive a reactive 'slap in the face' by the vinyl curtains, but to actively take it out on a four-year-old by potentially causing a serious injury (tripping him as he ran) is upsetting.

However, so are the social media backlash comments reported. People wishing something bad happens to the woman's baby? Really?? What is wrong with us as a society? The only one in this story that (to me) held a modicum of decorum was the little boy's mother, who asked the behind-the-computer-screen judgemental know-it-alls to stop attacking the pregnant woman. Ideally, the whole thing I think would have been better addressed with the little boy's mother talking to the pregnant woman. Apologies can go a long way on both sides. Whether that would happen or not, we'll never know; regardless, this was an incident blown way out of proportion, and hopefully both sides will learn something from it.

Old 04-29-2018, 02:20 PM

438 posts, read 270,060 times
I ran across this by accident:

https://www.inc.com/chris-matyszczyk...ext_ab_pretest

And now we know the rest of the story. The little boy's mom is a class act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology