Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 02:42 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
You are the only one who can determine if this behavior is racist based on the totality of these people's behavior.

But, there are millions of professional white women who could tell you they have had the same experiences.

My guess is it has little to do with racism and much more to do with how men generally operate in the workplace.

There are lots of studies on this, as well as articles/advise on how women can combat this type of stuff.

Unless it is impacting your pay check who cares?
A lot of people were unclear about microagrssions so I posted examples. I didn’t say these were race based, I know I shared examples that many women share. But I have an “intersectional” perspective and I never know if what I feel is race or sex based. You can’t make that determination when you are subject to both. And it can absolutely compound. But this thread isn’t supposed to be about microagressions.

Old 05-23-2018, 02:51 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,921,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I think you better keep reading, because you seem very suggestible. You live in a liberal cesspool, and you probably only get your news from the liberal media. You are told that Trump is against black people, when more blacks are switching parties than ever before, because of the economic advantages they are experiencing.

The Dems and the old guard black leaders are trying their hardest to sabotage the Trump presidency, but they are failing miserably, because people see that things are getting done, and they feel it in the pocketbook.

You have decided to reject white people, and you think that’s ok? Sad.
What an appallingly-bad post. I can only assume that you live in a Faux News cesspool.Trump , because of his ignorance and child-like behavior, deserves whaever scorn has been heaped upon him. I've seldom seen any true adult, anywhere, act they way he does. He is truly a colossal baby, complete with silly demands and temper tantrums.

Old 05-23-2018, 03:31 PM

44,360 posts, read 20,066,476 times
Enough with the bickering and personal attacks. This is the Psychology forum, people. Much of this thread is more apropos to the Politics forum. Since you all can't seem to stay on topic and/or to discuss the topic civilly, the thread is now closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology