Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 01:48 PM

854 posts, read 521,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty_charge View Post
Well, that person should actively try to understand why is it so many friends stay away instead of constantly accusing and putting the blame on others.
Why do I get the impression that you're a s***y friend too? All you're doing is bashing someome who isn't here to defend themselves just so you can be told it's okay to abandon her by complete strangers online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2019, 01:50 PM

228 posts, read 162,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy-Cat-Lady View Post
This generation claims to be so much more enlightened and accepting of mental illness, bu5 it really isn't when it comes to individuals. It's all about 'movements' and online activism. Post a suicide hotline number on Facebook and that's your 'good deed', while you turn your back on your sister or daughter struggling with mental illness. All these 'awareness' days, weeks and months do nothing but result in memes being shared. Support my a**
You remind me of her, actually. Me. Me. Me. My problems.

What about me? Did you ever stop and consider how I felt when you called me an idiot? Called me stupid? Told me how annoyed you are by me? Insulted my professional knowledge? Accused me of imaginary things? Didn't answer my text or calls for days? Called me a traitor for even the simplest things like not sending you my notes on time? Snapped at me because I told you I'm worried about this and that? I've apologized to you countless times, I've swallowed my anger when you snapped, I didn't say anything when you bailed on my birthday, and yet you never even once apologized for anything.

If your idea of helping people with mental illness involves close ones putting up with verbal abuse, then please understand why close ones might tire of it and leave.

Old 04-19-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Why do I get the impression that you're a s***y friend too? All you're doing is bashing someome who isn't here to defend themselves just so you can be told it's okay to abandon her by complete strangers online
Relax. I've already ghosted her.

Why do you care so much? If this thread disturbs you, you are free to not respond.

Old 04-19-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Yep, I'm bashing her. This was the last straw that broke the camel's back and I don't care if I'm viewed as a ****ty friend now. I'm no longer one.

My mental health comes first.

Old 04-19-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
You remind me of her, actually. Me. Me. Me. My problems.

What about me? Did you ever stop and consider how I felt when you called me an idiot? Called me stupid? Told me how annoyed you are by me? Insulted my professional knowledge? Accused me of imaginary things? Didn't answer my text or calls for days? Called me a traitor for even the simplest things like not sending you my notes on time? Snapped at me because I told you I'm worried about this and that? I've apologized to you countless times, I've swallowed my anger when you snapped, I didn't say anything when you bailed on my birthday, and yet you never even once apologized for anything.

If your idea of helping people with mental illness involves close ones putting up with verbal abuse, then please understand why close ones might tire of it and leave.
I think you clearly have issues too. You'd already nade your mind up about ditching her anyway, but you just want validation here. I'd love to hear her side of the story. You're just here to complain

Old 04-19-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Relax. I've already ghosted her.

Why do you care so much? If this thread disturbs you, you are free to not respond.
You ghosted her...how lovely. The coward's way out.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
I did ghost her.
Do you know why?
Because when I told her she hurt me with some words, she aggressively dismissed me.

I'm done apologizing and correcting my wrongs while she sits pointing fingers at me.

I'm happy I ghosted her. I feel a boulder off my shoulders. What a relief!

I no longer have to deal with her verbal attacks and mood swings.

But maybe you should find a friend with a personality disorder and see how much you, who suffer from Bipolar, will put up with it.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
I think you clearly have issues too. You'd already nade your mind up about ditching her anyway, but you just want validation here. I'd love to hear her side of the story. You're just here to complain
I find it interesting how you NEVER ONCE considered my side of the pain. You're defending her without knowing her.

Maybe you deserve a friend like her.

Borderline with Bipolar. I wonder who will last longer.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
I get it Cat Lady.

You want normal friends with minimal mental issues who will bear through your mental illness and then when they can no longer, you'll snap and accuse them of being selfish.

Why don't you befriend others with Bipolar Disorder? So you can better understand yourself and see what others have to go through.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
I did ghost her.
Do you know why?
Because when I told her she hurt me with some words, she aggressively dismissed me.

I'm done apologizing and correcting my wrongs while she sits pointing fingers at me.

I'm happy I ghosted her. I feel a boulder off my shoulders. What a relief!

I no longer have to deal with her verbal attacks and mood swings.

But maybe you should find a friend with a personality disorder and see how much you, who suffer from Bipolar, will put up with it.
I don't have bipolar. I was misdiagnosed. You seem like you lack maturity, as you're practically gloating about ghosting someone. I would love to hear her side of the story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology