Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 03:48 PM

656 posts, read 1,375,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplynailogical View Post
Hi! I'm new in this forum I joined because I want to know what people think about this cause in my opinion it's so extremely weird and I cant fully comprehend what's going on... I saw an old thread from 2012 but the situation is kinda different here.

I have a "friend" who's a full grown 32 years old man. He finished high school but didnt go to college. He lives with his parents and LOVES toys, we're not talking about you know collectibles that an adult might like we're taking full Disney, princess TOYS. Not cars or "boys toys".. DOLLS. And not only he likes them but he plays with them, he created a full instagram where he takes pictures of Barbie kissing his new Ken doll with comments like: barbie and Ken love each other so much, ken thinks barbie is wearing a beautiful dress today... *braids barbie's hair* .. ken says he loves barbie new hairstyle...

And stuff like that!
He loves carly jepsen the singer and uploads pictures of her saying he needs to go back to school to flirt with all the girls like carly, and how he wishes his parents would allow him to go back to school.

He says hes been trying to look for adult church classes where he can meet girls and flirt, cause he wants to get married and have kids. But he never leaves his house he says how afraid he is to go out and people finding out he likes dolls.

Tell me how is this "normal"? Like, he understands this is not normal behavior and what a 30 year old man should be doing.. hes not stupid hes not retarded he knows! But he still he stays at home all day watching tv with his parents and buying dolls on amazon and target... dont you guys think that's insane???

Can you tell us what state this Senator is from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2019, 07:09 PM

1,045 posts, read 759,658 times
The guy is seriously mentally ill.

Old 08-24-2019, 07:26 PM

656 posts, read 1,375,724 times
Yeah, he could be the next active shooter

Old 08-24-2019, 07:35 PM

6,456 posts, read 3,980,997 times
I'm not worried about the dolls... so what? (It's a little weird to post online about it, and a little misguided to be afraid other people will find out yet post about it online, but okay.)

The part that worries me is this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplynailogical View Post
saying he needs to go back to school to flirt with all the girls like carly, and how he wishes his parents would allow him to go back to school.
which makes it sound like he wants to date minors (this is the biggest red flag), and the fact that he's afraid to leave his house/still lives with his parents tells me he needs help to become unafraid and independent.

Old 08-25-2019, 06:16 AM

18,549 posts, read 15,590,462 times
Playing with dolls, while unusual for his age and gender, is completely harmless. I would be much more concerned about him being dependent on his parents and not working. Social phobias might also need therapy.

Old 08-25-2019, 08:48 AM

12,842 posts, read 868,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
I'm not worried about the dolls... so what? (It's a little weird to post online about it, and a little misguided to be afraid other people will find out yet post about it online, but okay.)

The part that worries me is this:
Quote:
saying he needs to go back to school to flirt with all the girls like carly, and how he wishes his parents would allow him to go back to school.
which makes it sound like he wants to date minors (this is the biggest red flag), and the fact that he's afraid to leave his house/still lives with his parents tells me he needs help to become unafraid and independent.
Yeah, that's what I said in post #15. I'm glad someone finally agrees with me.

Old 08-25-2019, 11:32 AM

1,517 posts, read 1,666,367 times
Even if he was to go out and meet people, what could their conversations possibly be about? Barbie & Ken and their next adventure, house or something!?!?! So nah, let him stay home with his mommy. We don't need him roaming these streets. Geez! Something definitely didn't launch with this poor soul.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:36 PM

854 posts, read 520,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edvard View Post
Yeah, he could be the next active shooter
OMG don't be stupid

Old 08-26-2019, 08:25 AM

20,393 posts, read 14,667,898 times
I don't think he's likely to be a shooter either, but I agree that the "I want to flirt with high school girls" thing is creepy and concerning.

My prior posts were more focused on the toys/dolls. That nearly makes him sound like a "Little." While that in and of itself is weird to many people and creepy to probably most, at least there are others out there who are into that out there.

Old 08-26-2019, 08:48 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
Creepy.

I've known a few adult males who were Barbie collectors (these men were gay, not that it matters) but they weren't that weird about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology