Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 09:59 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty ugly View Post
Starting with my mother who constantly physically abused and belittled me until I ran away at fifteen. Then facing nothing but rejections in my twenties I'm not ashamed to say that I hate women now. At this point who wouldn't?
And you like men?

Human beings are basically chimps. They can't help themselves...most of them, that is.

I feel for you because it's not your fault at all. I (male) actually preferred female friends and companionship when I was younger. It was refreshing and less competitive.

I'm not sure what you can do about it but some chemicals might help. They are even doing experiences with MMDA and such these days for PTSD and other things. It is possible to change the wiring of the brain, but it's not easy.

I wish you good luck because even if you like guys you are going to be let down big time when you realize that they too are often not worthy.

Old 11-18-2019, 10:01 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
I guess I'm the crazy one for perceiving my mother beating me for noreason is wrong?
Adulthood and Maturity is seeing things as they are.

Fact: Your Mother beat you.
Fact2: Most mothers do not beat their children
Fact3: Some of the love and caring you missed is still available from the Female side of the population.

So string these things together and try to put them in their place.

I forgot Fact4....

None of that, when you were young, is/was your fault. BUT, at this point in life much of what you do IS.

Old 11-18-2019, 10:26 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,654,555 times
How can you *hate* people you don't know? It makes no sense unless you are very simple-minded.

Obviously, you have a problem.

The solution to the problem lies within you and your mind.

A therapist could be very helpful to you in sorting everything out. You are still young and have time to have a great life if you can get past your negative thinking and behavior habits.

Old 11-18-2019, 10:43 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Starting with my mother who constantly physically abused and belittled me until I ran away at fifteen. Then facing nothing but rejections in my twenties I'm not ashamed to say that I hate women now. At this point who wouldn't?
OP, I'm sorry you had an abusive childhood. Clearly, there was some level of trauma. This can be healed. The field of trauma therapy and family-of-origin therapy, has advanced considerably in the last couple of decades, mercifully (it's no longer in the Dark Ages), so there's a lot of hope for people who went through horrible stuff as kids. You don't have to carry around this burden of hate for the rest of your life.

The question isn't, "Is my hatred justirified". The question is: "Do I want to continue to saddle myself with this toxic baggage for the rest of my life?" Hate, whether it's justified or not, slowly poisons the system (I'm talking about physically), so that eventually, illness is the result.

Liberate yourself from this emotional prison, so you can enjoy life to the fullest! Liberating yourself does NOT mean becoming "OK" with what happened; it means neutralizing the emotional charge your memories have, so they no longer anger or depress you. Abuse is never "OK". But as long as you carry that all-consuming anger, it means your mother is still controlling you!. She's still sabotaging your mood, your potential for happiness in at least the personal relationships arena of life, your outlook on women, and ultimately, as the years wear on, --your health and mental health.

Do you really want to continue giving her that power, now and for the entire rest of your life?

Think about it.

Old 11-18-2019, 11:21 AM

22 posts, read 11,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Of course that is wrong, but holding a grudge against half the population because of the behavior of one person specifically is toxic thinking. It's not productive or helping you in any way.

Nothing can help me at this point.

So it's not actually women who are your problem--you're avoiding and isolating yourself from everyone.
I guess you can say that.

Old 11-18-2019, 11:35 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
I guess I'm the crazy one for perceiving my mother beating me for noreason is wrong?
That's not what fleetiebelle said. Re-read her post. She was referring to your generalized hatred of women, simply because they vaguely resemble (or are the same gender as) the person who abused you. Your response is a non-sequitur; off-topic to her comment.

Old 11-18-2019, 11:48 AM

20,394 posts, read 14,667,898 times
OP, think about something for a second...

Zentropa asked you if you have any weapons. How did you feel when she asked you that?

Did you feel it was unfair to be judged as someone who might kill people? Because your feelings come from a place of your experiences and you weren't expressing that you're gonna kill anybody, so what right has anyone to assume you're a murderous monster? I'm guessing you didn't feel good about someone painting you with that, simply because there are other men out there with similar feelings who have done heinous things. Would I be correct in thinking this?

That, is PRECISELY what you are doing, when you hate all women for what some few (and mostly one in particular) have done to hurt you.

Men commit most of the violence in pretty much human society globally. Men are also more likely to be the victims of it, but that's beside the point. Statistics tell us that any person is more likely to be physically harmed or abused, by a man. Yet billions of women choose to have faith in men, seek relationships with men, and make an actual effort to not just hate and avoid all of your gender because of the actions of some. Not even the actions of a FEW, if the numbers can be believed. We could argue we've got cause to hate, or fear, and avoid you all. But that is a very rare mindset among women, because most of us know that it's unfair to paint with a broad brush like that.

If you don't want this done to you, then maybe you should not do it to others.

It blows my mind sometimes, how people can center things so absolutely on themselves that they cannot imagine how other human beings might feel. This ability is one of the biggest factors in anyone's ability to interact with others in happy, healthy ways...just being able to imagine things from a perspective other than your own.

Old 11-18-2019, 12:19 PM

22 posts, read 11,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
OP, think about something for a second...

Zentropa asked you if you have any weapons. How did you feel when she asked you that?

Did you feel it was unfair to be judged as someone who might kill people? Because your feelings come from a place of your experiences and you weren't expressing that you're gonna kill anybody, so what right has anyone to assume you're a murderous monster? I'm guessing you didn't feel good about someone painting you with that, simply because there are other men out there with similar feelings who have done heinous things. Would I be correct in thinking this?

That, is PRECISELY what you are doing, when you hate all women for what some few (and mostly one in particular) have done to hurt you.

Men commit most of the violence in pretty much human society globally. Men are also more likely to be the victims of it, but that's beside the point. Statistics tell us that any person is more likely to be physically harmed or abused, by a man. Yet billions of women choose to have faith in men, seek relationships with men, and make an actual effort to not just hate and avoid all of your gender because of the actions of some. Not even the actions of a FEW, if the numbers can be believed. We could argue we've got cause to hate, or fear, and avoid you all. But that is a very rare mindset among women, because most of us know that it's unfair to paint with a broad brush like that.

If you don't want this done to you, then maybe you should not do it to others.

It blows my mind sometimes, how people can center things so absolutely on themselves that they cannot imagine how other human beings might feel. This ability is one of the biggest factors in anyone's ability to interact with others in happy, healthy ways...just being able to imagine things from a perspective other than your own.
It does not bother me at all that the people I hate probably feel the same way about me.

Old 11-18-2019, 12:20 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
Quote:
When the person who's suppose to take care of you abuses you it makes it hard to have faith in other people.

You know what? Somehow, dogs manage to do it. I see it all the time. A dog that was abused gets adopted by a new family, and the dog turns into the most loving, happy, grateful pet. If a dog can do it, you can do it.

But really, that's not the point of your post is it. You're just another car on the very long pity train of guys afraid of women who somehow found this forum.

Old 11-18-2019, 12:25 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
It does not bother me at all that the people I hate probably feel the same way about me.
Where on earth is your dad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology