Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 07:25 PM

105 posts, read 302,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlammons View Post
The feedback I get is that people are comfortable with me soon after meeting me. I am also one that people feel like they can confide in and share intimate things with. Other folks seem to think that I am outgoing and friendly too.
Yay! You sound a lot like me .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 07:37 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,787,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by total_genius View Post
How about you, do you have a gift of gab? Are you colorful? Do you have a dynmamic personality?
It really depends on what I'm doing. I can turn on the personality if I need to (when I teach certain classes) but I never go beyond me. I just become a bigger me if you will. I can be very quiet at other times and blend into the crowd. It all depends on my mood and activity.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:26 PM

16 posts, read 90,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
I know people like that. I always feel like Im a member of the audience. Im not sure if I have a twinkle but I do like to sit on the sidelines and watch the show. People think introverts are quiet and shy. Im not shy. I just cant get a word in edge wise.

I hate crowds but I can talk to anybody on on one. Its wierd but people tell me all sorts of stuff. Some of it Im not sure they should be telling me. Ive been told Im colorful but I dont see it. Truthfully I think Im pretty boring. Boring is good tho.
haha, this is the most intersting and honest i read so far, i was about to confess that i really am a boring and dull person, i usually to be very quiet so they thought still water run deeper lol but it's not always the case, i just failed to be quick and witty. so my friend trust me and told me a lot their little dirty secrets, lol. but i do keep secrets

Old 07-12-2008, 03:08 PM

1,217 posts, read 4,034,886 times
Yes I do. I'm fabulous.

Old 07-13-2008, 09:16 AM

884 posts, read 2,643,262 times
I do NOT have the gift of gab at all. I have to read books on how to have conversations with people..lol Usually I am quiet and I listen to people. I'm not one to share a lot of details with people unless I like them a lot. I "wish" my personality were more colorful but sometimes I like being solitary and anti-social.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:51 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,603,547 times
I definitely have the gift of gab, but I am by no means dynamic. I love to laugh whether it be at myself or after reading/hearing a good joke. I'm very loud and outspoken and have been known to strike up conversations with strangers. I love getting to know people and what they're all about. I have a college degree but wouldn't consider myself well educated....maybe average. Intellectuals tend to bore me as my choices of topics are pretty much pop culture related. People in my circle expect me to entertain them or keep the conversation going. When talking on the phone, if there's a pause in the conversation, people ask me if I'm still there because they think the call dropped.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:56 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,871,621 times
My personality is divided between the dark side and the cool side. I really don't have any gifts. Am I colorful? Probably not. I primarily wear black clothing, although I'm no goth. I don't give to take chances to easily, especially when it comes to relationships.

Last edited by wclac; 07-16-2008 at 05:33 PM..

Old 07-16-2008, 05:27 PM

613 posts, read 1,018,581 times
No

Old 07-16-2008, 05:42 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
Am I colorful? Probably not. I primarily wear black clothing, although I'm no goth.
Oh, Lordie... *crossing myself*

2. richly eventful or picturesque: a colorful historical period.
3. presenting or suggesting vivid or striking scenes: a colorful narrative.

colorful - Definitions from Dictionary.com

2 : full of variety or interest <a colorful description>

colorful - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Old 07-16-2008, 05:44 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,871,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, Lordie... *crossing myself*

2. richly eventful or picturesque: a colorful historical period.
3. presenting or suggesting vivid or striking scenes: a colorful narrative.

colorful - Definitions from Dictionary.com

2 : full of variety or interest <a colorful description>

colorful - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
I know my vocabulary! I'm on WikiPedia all the time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology