Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 07:47 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,443,944 times

Advertisements

We are looking to finally build on our lot in Deep Creek. I know restriction size is min. sq ft is 2000. We need recomendations from others in the area for relialible,quality new home builder that you had a positive experience with. Thanks in advance for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 03:11 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,550,239 times
Many of the builders in the area have gone under.

I really like Tenbusch Construction - North Port Home Builder, Tenbusch Construction - New Homes North Port Florida. If I had to build a home again I would go with them.

Windemere builds a good home - Windemere Homes, North Port, Florida - New Construction Homes - Building Better Lifestyles

Another great builder is Arthur Rutenberg Homes - They are high end. Punta Gorda Custom Home Builder - Punta Gorda Luxury House Building, Southwest Florida Homes - Arthur Rutenberg Homes.

Adams Homes is still building in the area. They build a bigger home for the money. They are not as high quality.
North Port Homes for Sale | Luxury Custom Home Builders & New Homes in North Port - Port Charlotte, FL

If you go to the Charlotte DeSoto Builders Industry Association you can search for the builders in the area: http://cdbia.com/

Old 03-22-2012, 03:27 AM

1,194 posts, read 4,127,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamRE View Post
Many of the builders in the area have gone under.

I really like Tenbusch Construction - North Port Home Builder, Tenbusch Construction - New Homes North Port Florida. If I had to build a home again I would go with them.

Windemere builds a good home - Windemere Homes, North Port, Florida - New Construction Homes - Building Better Lifestyles

Another great builder is Arthur Rutenberg Homes - They are high end. Punta Gorda Custom Home Builder - Punta Gorda Luxury House Building, Southwest Florida Homes - Arthur Rutenberg Homes.

Adams Homes is still building in the area. They build a bigger home for the money. They are not as high quality.
North Port Homes for Sale | Luxury Custom Home Builders & New Homes in North Port - Port Charlotte, FL

If you go to the Charlotte DeSoto Builders Industry Association you can search for the builders in the area: http://cdbia.com/
I live on the water and across from us was a vacant lot that Adams homes built a home...When the home was under construction a strong wind picked up their A/C /Heating expandable duct work and floated the entire home duck work in the water. I called them 3 times and told them but someone didn't showup to get the duck work for 3 weeks and they installed it in the home as the insulation in the duct work was soaking wet. Very poor builders...

I believe they just don't care and would not purchase a home from them.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:15 AM

378 posts, read 629,343 times
During the two years we looked for a house in PC and NP we must have seen examples of the work of every builder in the area.
The one that was most consistent was Windemere, though we did see one of their houses with a foundation crack of epic proportions.
We ended up with a custom house built by Hallmark. The house layout is very much to our liking but
their choice of windows was low end. Other than that the house in general is more than adequate with nothing to complain about.
I would agree Synergy 1 that Adams is a builder to be avoided. Too many examples to list but their work was uniformly shoddy.
This is anecdotal, to be sure, but I thought I would give my two cents worth.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:25 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,150,786 times
what y'all (see I am settling in with the locals) need is a Project manager ...oh I am one ! maybe i can change my name to wantprojectmanager :-) this could be a new trend

Randy could be wantcarmechanic and Big House wantbeerdrinkingfriend

what want would you be ???

Old 03-22-2012, 10:53 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,373,994 times
I could be wantbeachdaily.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:13 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,150,786 times
oh i thought you put bitc......sorry :-)

Old 03-22-2012, 12:53 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,888,406 times
Rats. NP beat me to it....

Old 03-22-2012, 02:04 PM

181 posts, read 453,563 times
Default Recommendation for Building Contractor or Project Manager in Deep Creek and Punta Gorda Port Charlotte Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
what y'all (see I am settling in with the locals) need is a Project manager ...oh I am one ! maybe i can change my name to wantprojectmanager :-) this could be a new trend

Mr Sunshine is being VERY modest and clearly not wanting to promote himself here.

I have personally seen his company profile of completed building projects and Mr Sunshine has done work for me in Deep Creek and a total renovation/remodeling for my business partner, also in Deep Creek Gardens in 2011/2012.

He is not only Mr Sunshine, but also Mr Time Management, which I LOVED. With both contracts he kept to deadlines and was always very friendly and accommodating when we wanted to make minor changes to the original plans and agreement.

Throughout the course of the renovations, Mr Sunshine was very professional. He was accurate in his initial assessment of the scale and cost of our two projects. He was absolutely clear in his record keeping and time log. He chose and managed the sub-contractors well.

We were out of town (country - we live in South Africa) for most of the time and he kept us informed of the progress made. He responds almost immediately to phone calls and emails and responds well to written questions submitted to him.

Our job was done with care and precision. He is extremely clean and tidy in the workplace and respected my almost OCD with hygiene and cleanliness.

I can recommend him highly and without reservation. I am not related to him and don't have any personal interest in his business - just a grateful and happy customer.

Last edited by vegasboy; 03-22-2012 at 02:14 PM..

Old 03-23-2012, 12:08 PM

275 posts, read 715,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post

To clarify, wantSPORTScarmechanic.

I was describing the niche market I serve to the moving company estimator that was here a couple days ago, explaining that I basically work on one (1) type of car, built for the 1998-2002 model years. To get any more specialized, I said I'd have to limit my work to include only white (or red or blue, etc.) versions of said car.

Oh, and SueinOhio would become wantsueinpool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte