Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 04:58 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,646,067 times

Advertisements

I just had our closing on our home in Punta Gorda last week so I wanted to thank each and everyone on the forum that helped in the decision making. I DM many of you guys over the last several years with questions that helped with selecting the area.

Within a half hour of the closing, 3 of the forum members stopped by the house to wish me luck.Searay 37 and his wife, Mardi Gras, Searay Mark and we had a few beers. I'd like to give Marty Gras a special shout out for taking photos, videos and much more.

I used recommended people from the forum for home owners insurance, home inspection, landscaping, dock and will use others. This is extremely helpful for someone new to the area and your knowledge is great.

Everyone's reasons for purchasing in the area and wants and needs will not be the same. So I'll give mine. We will only be snowbirds and a week or two here and there. When visiting PG it seemed like they handed out happy pills, from the people I met in the restaurants, parks, govt. officials, agencies, realtors- they all were in love with the town.

The parks that ring the harbor, the street fairs and festivals and the closeness of shopping all came into play. The distance to the airport isn't too bad also.

We wanted a safe area that we feel safe locking it up and leaving. We also wanted to be on a street/section with all waterfront homes. Having our own pool could of went either way. Ours does not have one but the community has one that is heated to about 88, so a walk about 6 or 7 houses away from ours and they have to take care of it.(I'm getting old I guess)

We wanted to be under 30 minutes to the harbor, fairly good elevation, and a home in good shape. We have a house on the point with a great view(thanks to the landscaper) and is fairly private.

A few of the negatives are driving distance to the beach by car, we didn't get a home with a hip roof, and I'm not a big fan of rip rap. But overall it was a productive week and by the way the people that don't use your AC in the winter I don't know how you do it because it was damn hot and the AC was on all week. Thanks again!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2015, 05:09 PM

747 posts, read 1,014,424 times
Congrats!

My wife and I were down there for a few days enjoying the town in general. New Years eve sure was hopping!

And your'e very right about happy pills. We took a long walk one morning along the boardwalk in PGI that runs along Charlotte Harbor, and must've said more hello's in one morning than in a year of living where we do.

Old 01-04-2015, 05:20 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,831,278 times
Great to meet you Bobby , Gary and Mark! Best of luck on the new house and we will be seeing you again soon!

Old 01-04-2015, 06:06 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,783,587 times
Happy for you. Congrats on the closing. Welcome!

Old 01-04-2015, 10:21 PM

390 posts, read 611,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
When visiting PG it seemed like they handed out happy pills, from the people I met in the restaurants, parks, govt. officials, agencies, realtors- they all were in love with the town.
It's all that sunshine!

Congrats on the new house!!!!

Old 01-05-2015, 04:21 AM

434 posts, read 532,015 times
Congrats!

Based on what you are using the home for, and the reasons you picked the area, I think you're going to be happy with your decision for years to come.

Old 01-05-2015, 05:18 AM

3,930 posts, read 6,457,584 times
Welcome to the area. Think you will love it.

Old 01-05-2015, 05:19 AM

493 posts, read 638,304 times
Congrats Bob. It was great to meet you and Don and his wife the other day. I think all of us Jersey people will fit right in down here with the rest of the kind folks. Glad to hear you took those trees down I'm sure you have a great view now. Good luck with the house, Mark

Old 01-05-2015, 05:49 AM

325 posts, read 508,684 times
Congrats Jersey Man!!! Welcome to the fold. I bought in July and love it here.

Old 01-05-2015, 06:36 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,279,329 times
Welcome Welcome To SWF Salt Life - Fun In The Sun : ) Only been here 2y. 3 m. but loving EVERY Day! Its -3 In Chicago right Now and - 15 at My Buddies in Minna-snow-da Hahahaahaaha!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte