Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 10:59 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,275,892 times

Advertisements

I "think" there has long been, more Full Time than Part Time.. but thats just a guess..
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
I don't want to hijack the OP's thread, but out of curiosity, do you think it's trending towards full time residents? We plan to be full time, we're not wealthy and can't support two houses anyway, but we love Florida and if the summer h&h gets to be too much we can always pay a visit to our northern family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 12:06 PM

281 posts, read 406,483 times
Quote:
I don't want to hijack the OP's thread, but out of curiosity, do you think it's trending towards full time residents?
I sure hope so. There are far too many foreign owned homes that are short term motel room type rentals around. The owners of them are only looking for the $ and could care less that they are not residential community friendly. They rent to 3 plus families at a time for a week or two and those type renters could care less about their neighbors.

Old 05-31-2015, 12:50 PM

I will assume you mean those VRBO rentals? No Less Than .... 189 in PC and 256 in PG thats 445 on VRBO alone.. Out of state or foreign owned is all one and the same..

Quote:
Originally Posted by az99 View Post
I sure hope so. There are far too many foreign owned homes that are short term motel room type rentals around. The owners of them are only looking for the $ and could care less that they are not residential community friendly. They rent to 3 plus families at a time for a week or two and those type renters could care less about their neighbors.

Old 05-31-2015, 01:27 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,966,099 times
Quote:
Like everything else, there are good and bad. There have been 2 houses on our canal that were used as short-term rentals. One, the full-time owners finally retired and moved in themselves a year ago. The other, the to-be-retired folks bought 6 months ago, and are doing rentals until they retire. In both cases, the houses look as nice as everybody else's, and the renters have all been nice folks. I suppose pure investment properties might turn out different.

Old 05-31-2015, 05:00 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,555,469 times
Quote:
I was thinking the biggest reason for the lack of veggie gardens is that many residents are seasonal, only going to be there 3 months or so, and January and Feburary aren't the best growing months. When we move down I am definitely taking your advie and raising that mint for mohitos!
I asked the mgr of Rotonda West specifically about veggie gardens and he said - no problem.. Landscaping, no problem. I didn't see that specifically stated in the rules and will probably get something in writing but that's what I was told.

Old 05-31-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
I will assume you mean those VRBO rentals? No Less Than .... 189 in PC and 256 in PG thats 445 on VRBO alone.. Out of state or foreign owned is all one and the same..
No actually I mean the ones rented by some of the local rental agents that could care less about the area and residents. They are only interested in their 15% and all the other charges they can stick to the owners. We even have a foreign LLC masquerading as a single family home owner in our area. They will rent for $1 a night and allow 20 people in the house. All that matters is income.
At least some of the people on VRBO have an interest in their community if they visit their property regularly and may retire there eventually. Much less likely with foreign owners and very unlikely for a corp.

Old 05-31-2015, 05:46 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,826,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03bluecoupe View Post
I asked the mgr of Rotonda West specifically about veggie gardens and he said - no problem.. Landscaping, no problem. I didn't see that specifically stated in the rules and will probably get something in writing but that's what I was told.
I can't see a veggie garden being a prohibited item!

Old 05-31-2015, 05:48 PM

I am not following the $1 per night unless you mean x 20 and thats only $600 a month 15% is only $90.. Lets face it too many in this state maybe on this board promote and support No Interferance in "my" life in anyway by da guberment.. so we see what you are seeing and I will toss in.. cars trucks boats and atvs parked in the yard and one of the highest % of Medicare and SSDI Fraud in the country.. We cannot have it both ways..
Quote:
No actually I mean the ones rented by some of the local rental agents that could care less about the area and residents. They are only interested in their 15% and all the other charges they can stick to the owners. We even have a foreign LLC masquerading as a single family home owner in our area. They will rent for $1 a night and allow 20 people in the house. All that matters is income.
At least some of the people on VRBO have an interest in their community if they visit their property regularly and may retire there eventually. Much less likely with foreign owners and very unlikely for a corp.

Old 05-31-2015, 06:04 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,555,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaRay35 View Post
I can't see a veggie garden being a prohibited item!
Not in Rotonda but you have to be very careful when reading the rules and regs. Some are a royal PITA, and once you buy - you signed on to abide by 'em.

Old 06-01-2015, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
I am not following the $1 per night unless you mean x 20 and thats only $600 a month 15% is only $90.. Lets face it too many in this state maybe on this board promote and support No Interferance in "my" life in anyway by da guberment.. so we see what you are seeing and I will toss in.. cars trucks boats and atvs parked in the yard and one of the highest % of Medicare and SSDI Fraud in the country.. We cannot have it both ways..
By $1 per night I meant they will rent very cheaply just to keep the place occupied and generate $. The seasonal or long term rentals are not usually the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte