Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 10:11 AM

7 posts, read 22,403 times

Advertisements

I would like a referral to a respectable home inspector to inspect a purchase of a townhouse in Deep Creek.

I would say "certified" but I am aware that home inspectors are pretty much unregulated so not sure that "certified" means much.

Please give me your referrals to inspectors you have actually utilized, who were knowledgeable, thorough, fair, and who you ultimately were happy with their inspection, for better or worse.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 04:58 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,932,345 times
Eagle Eye Inspections, Inc.
Jeff Saunders
3211 Briant Street
North Port, Florida 34287
Phone / Fax: 941-426-1892
Cell: 941-468-3218

Hoskinpect
Dave Hoskins
941-321-7847

Certified Inspection Services
Jerry Fehr
941-625-8984

They've all done many inspections for me and they've all done a great job

Old 07-01-2009, 05:08 PM

7 posts, read 22,403 times
Thank you SoFLGal! Are these three experienced with Chinese drywall?

And, how about a recommendation for a real estate attorney in Florida? We're from New Jersey--we were told we don't need an attorney--is that correct?

Old 07-01-2009, 05:26 PM

Yes, I believe they are all fairly experienced in Chinese Drywall. You can ask each one though.

That is correct, you do not NEED a real estate attorney, a title company can do the title work. If you do choose to have a real estate attorney I would recommend either Ernie Sturgis in Port Charlotte or Anne Weintraub in Sarasota. Both are good

Old 07-02-2009, 09:17 PM

17 posts, read 47,484 times
Default haus insp

Firstly ,SWFLGIRL, has been a HUGE accolade to this and many other postings and would trust her all out. I've been on these threads now for 4 months and this will be my first posting.

I had a great experience with Larry Heitzenrather in PG who found many things wrong with a haus in Port Charlotte that would not have been found w/o his expertise to include a faulty circuit breaker panel!! His #'s are 941 380 0244.

We're from Utah and are looking to buy in SWFlorida. My 'rents live in Bonita spgs and we're looking to move back to the east coast to be closer to family

We're looking at a haus in Punta Gorda and will fly in on the 19th of July to do our ''do dilligance''

Old 07-02-2009, 09:21 PM

Sorry, Thats Soflgal, last post was misnamed.

Old 07-03-2009, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giffordo View Post
Firstly ,SWFLGIRL, has been a HUGE accolade to this and many other postings and would trust her all out. I've been on these threads now for 4 months and this will be my first posting.

I had a great experience with Larry Heitzenrather in PG who found many things wrong with a haus in Port Charlotte that would not have been found w/o his expertise to include a faulty circuit breaker panel!! His #'s are 941 380 0244.

We're from Utah and are looking to buy in SWFlorida. My 'rents live in Bonita spgs and we're looking to move back to the east coast to be closer to family

We're looking at a haus in Punta Gorda and will fly in on the 19th of July to do our ''do dilligance''

Thanks very much giffordo! Do you know if Larry has a company name or he just uses his own name for the company name? I add new people to my list all the time and keep them on there unless I/someone has a problem with them.

I really should be SWFLGal, instead of SOFLGal. It would really make more sense. Guess I didn't put to much thought into it when I picked my name.

Good luck with your new home purchase. Hope everything goes smoothly

Old 07-03-2009, 08:32 AM

Default PG home inspectors

Thanx back SOFl Gal, Larry's co. name is Harbor View home inspections. He will be looking at the prospective purchase on 1000 Marlin dr. in PG. It's a 3/2, 1500 under air ,w/ 2 build lots to the east, for 61.5k, bank-owned. Keep up the informative work--it's very helpful to others. You should be getting paid for your postings LOL.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giffordo View Post
Thanx back SOFl Gal, Larry's co. name is Harbor View home inspections. He will be looking at the prospective purchase on 1000 Marlin dr. in PG. It's a 3/2, 1500 under air ,w/ 2 build lots to the east, for 61.5k, bank-owned. Keep up the informative work--it's very helpful to others. You should be getting paid for your postings LOL.
OK, I'm gonna add him to my list and give him a try. Just looked up the home on Marlin-Looks nice! And would be great if you get it for that price. Ironically, it's listed by my company

Old 07-03-2009, 05:42 PM

Default 1000 Marlin

Thanx 4 your input on Marlin ,SoFlGal. We feel this is a good purchase for the price and is in a great area--bike to the harbor... You must be with Anchor, Kim Macintire is the agent and has been great to work with. I told her yesterday about citi and she said she'd have a look. If you know her mention Giffordo and citi. Have her log on! She recomended Harbor View, BTW.

Anything to know about 1000 Marlin that is noteworthy?

Have a great 4th! Kim says she's floating on a palm tree raft this weekend and NOT swimming! Aufwiedersehen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte