Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 01:14 PM

321 posts, read 1,029,320 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if the tavern next door to River City on Marion in Punta Gorda is open yet?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 10:32 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherDayInParadise View Post
Does anyone know if the tavern next door to River City on Marion in Punta Gorda is open yet?

Thanks!
Hey ADIP,
Nope, I stopped in there for a couple cold beverages this evening, and no the adjacent - I think "tavern" has not opened yet. River City Grille is nice enough and big enough as it is. I don't really think it would be wise of them to try to grow that right now. Just MO. The appetizers were terrific, and the bar tenders are awesome, especially for one so thirsty after a day of heavy fishing & stuff.

I was out on the harbor, at night tonight, and got a great picture of the sun set over the water. The sun was setting between the islands at Boca Grande Pass, and just while I was snapping the picture some dolphins were jumping out of the water along side the boat. I stopped the boat to get the picture and the emerged from the water to say hi while I was snapping the picture. It was perfect timing!

I did not see any manatees today while I was out though. Gotta keep my eye out for them.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:56 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
Isn't that place called the Turtle Club? Like BigHouse said, I think it's still closed. It was last time I was down there. I would recommend River City as well. I've gone in there a few times to eat and everyone seems really friendly.

Hey, I was out on the water yesterday too! Well, kind of. I wasn't out on the water for long though. I got a new bank listing over on Palm Island yesterday and rode the ferry across to go check it out.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Isn't that place called the Turtle Club? Like BigHouse said, I think it's still closed. It was last time I was down there. I would recommend River City as well. I've gone in there a few times to eat and everyone seems really friendly.

Hey, I was out on the water yesterday too! Well, kind of. I wasn't out on the water for long though. I got a new bank listing over on Palm Island yesterday and rode the ferry across to go check it out.
I was out again until after dark today. I got some great pictures of the sunset. I also had a friend visit me tonight. It was waiting at the back sliding glass door to the house. . . It was a snake. Actually there were too. I think one was like a milk snake, I don't think it was dangerous at all. I just kinda swept it out of the lanai with a broom and let it go. The other one was much smaller, maybe 9 inches, black with a red ring around its neck. I've never seen one of them either, but it was swept out none the less. Both are fine and on their way to whereever snakes go at night.

Now, its time for a quick shower, and dinner somewhere.

If you were out and about on the water yesterday. I hope you had as good a time as I had! I had a blast. It was my first time out on my boat down here, and got to see some great sites, some nice size fish in the mangroves, and an awesome sunset too. The water was pretty nice down by Boca Grande Pass, it turned to an aqua marine color!

Going to Outback tonight. Its a little late, but we only had a snack for lunch. They brought some of our furniture today.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:41 AM

1,380 posts, read 5,928,993 times
I was in town today to see my favorite closer; John Hagerman, and it looked as if the Tavern was open, though I didn't go in. The Turtle club is shut down (shame).

Old 12-11-2008, 04:31 PM

321 posts, read 1,029,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBob View Post
I was in town today to see my favorite closer; John Hagerman, and it looked as if the Tavern was open, though I didn't go in. The Turtle club is shut down (shame).
Yeah, I've noticed in the paper that they've been hiring for the Tavern. I hope this one sticks. They've changed the "theme" of that place more times than... well... insert your own strange reference here.

I'm curious to know what they're going to have on tap.

And I never understood why Turtle Club closed. I loved that bar area. It was always busy...

Hey Big, stop bragging about being on the water! We get it already!!

Old 12-11-2008, 05:03 PM

1,380 posts, read 5,928,993 times
Quote:
Yeah, I've noticed in the paper that they've been hiring for the Tavern. I hope this one sticks. They've changed the "theme" of that place more times than... well... insert your own strange reference here.

And I never understood why Turtle Club closed. I loved that bar area. It was always busy...

I liked the Turtle also, lunch out in the back courtyard was always pleasant.
I think businesses are going belly up just because their ability to get credit has dried up.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:

I know, I know, I'm a really bad apple. But, I was thinking you might join me for a couple drinks at the Grille, and maybe a moon light cruise. Here are a couple pictures of what I'd like to show you. LOL, but I'm not braggin' / I'm sharing. - Just kidding - I have a hard time keeping myself out of trouble. One shot is the moon at sunset the other is the sun at sunset. Which one do you prefer?
Attached Thumbnails
New River City "tavern" in Punta Gorda?-moon-sunset-1.jpg   New River City "tavern" in Punta Gorda?-sunset2.jpg  

Old 12-11-2008, 09:30 PM

473 posts, read 1,167,995 times
Big House can you post some of the sun set with the dolphins?

Old 12-11-2008, 11:26 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
Nice pictures! Always flirtin' Big House and always in trouble, yup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte