Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2015, 05:59 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,553,208 times

Advertisements

I'd be up, baked, playing Phantasy Star Online on Dreamcast (or, later, Everquest), and listening to a couple hours of Loveline. Adam Carolla, paired with Dr. Drew...pure comedy. Well...not everyone's particular taste, but I found Adam hilarious (and Drew very informative). The shows with David Alan Grier are classic...I remember The Darkness walking out of the studio on the show they were scheduled for. The show was more or less a soapbox for Carolla, but his many asides and stories were just chuckle-inducing for me.

Did anyone else enjoy that era of Loveline?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 09:56 AM

2,015 posts, read 1,652,965 times
and as you know adam was literally a millionaire....literally.

Old 10-15-2015, 06:05 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,161,367 times
Yea I used to always listen to that. It's weird to think how people actually listened to the radio even in the 90s. No internet and just basic cable, they had radio shows as good as TV shows. Same as how I used to just listen to Howard in the morning and not even bother turning on my TV.

I don't really like Adam's podcast now, hes not as good since he's too into conservative commentary and has no one to reign him in. I don't like Dr Drew's stuff like Celb Rehab because theres no comic relief. Wish they'd get back together.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:08 PM

65 posts, read 55,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Yea I used to always listen to that. It's weird to think how people actually listened to the radio even in the 90s. No internet and just basic cable, they had radio shows as good as TV shows. Same as how I used to just listen to Howard in the morning and not even bother turning on my TV.

I don't really like Adam's podcast now, hes not as good since he's too into conservative commentary and has no one to reign him in. I don't like Dr Drew's stuff like Celb Rehab because theres no comic relief. Wish they'd get back together.
They are back together. They do the Adam and Dr. Drew podcast. Been doing it for a couple years now.

Old 10-23-2015, 06:10 PM

2,385 posts, read 2,720,090 times
I thought Adam was so appallingly vulgar, as well as horrifying in his input, that I couldn't listen. I thought it was a mark against Dr. Drew that he would even partner with someone like that.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:28 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,553,208 times
Well I went back and listened to some of the old shows with Riki Rachtman sp?) with Adam in the background...I recall reading somewhere that they didn't like one another, or perhaps Adam himself might've mentioned some percieved animosity from Rachtman. I wonder what their relationship is like now.

I'll give the podcast a listen, if it's Drew and Adam again, but a major source of the comedy was the calls, man. If they're not taking calls, it not the same for me.

Old 08-10-2016, 02:04 PM

14,188 posts, read 22,776,873 times
I was late to the Loveline party, but I enjoyed listening to it back in the early 2000s. It was perfect late-night talk radio.

Old 08-23-2016, 02:15 AM

263 posts, read 438,554 times
Back in the college days, I'd deliberately try to tune it in when hanging out with a coed in my dorm room, her dorm room, or my car. Some callers were pretty gross (STDs, etc.) but if one had an interesting question, I'd try to lead the girl into discussing the particular topic with me, which would help put her in the mood...

So thank you, Dr Drew & Adam (& also Dr Ruth)!

Old 08-24-2016, 05:57 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,374,493 times
I liked this one too...

It seems like they can't make decent radio shows anymore. The type you'd gladly lie awake to at 2am on a Saturday, just for an hour or two of chill infotainment... Wondering what the heck has happened to talk radio.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:43 PM

447 posts, read 652,742 times
i miss that show also adam wrote a pretty funny book about how all men will someday be chicks haha recommend it. they have both done some interesting tv stuff also
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio