Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 09:30 AM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,521 posts, read 6,330,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
This last week I brought my Mr Mousiewitz home to say goodbye before I put him to sleep. He has feline leukemia and hes very sick. The vet gave me pain meds for him so he wouldnt suffer. Truthfully I was hoping he would just go in his sleep. But Mr Mouskiewitz had other ideas. When I saw how hard he was fighting to stay I just had to look for a solution.

After much searching I found this info on Friday. My vet was not aware of this drug. I contacted the company who makes the drug and spoke with the vice-pres. He faxed info on their drug trials and studies to my vet. According to the study Acemannan has a 70% sucess rate. But Im not sure I can keep him alive until the drugs arrive this comming week..

I wont be posting for a while but I wanted to post this site just in case.somebody else needs it.

Sundrop Crystal- Feline Leukemia Treatment, Aloe and Acemannan.

Im having a hard time seeing to type this so Im sorry if I sound a little short. He was my only bright spot and now hes gone.

My Mr Mouskiewitz died this morning. Il never get know if he could have been one of the ones who made it. Im really sad and Im pi$$ed. Id like to knw why it took 4 vets since Feb to come up with a diagnosis. If Id known about this drug sooner he might have had a chance. I find it puzzling that I was able to find this info and 4 vets knew nothing about it.

I hope this info helps someone elses kitty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 07:57 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,692,210 times
Unhappy so sorry friend

no kidding when I say I feel like I knew the lil fella,

I am so sorry you both had to go thru this. Me fingers are having a hard time finding the keys thru the tears so bare with me...
but I want to say I know for a fact you 2 were partners, and you will forever have a part of him with those
great memories, and I know the thought of him will forever make me smile, cause like I said I feel like I knew the lil friend.
Hugs my friend, many hugs, http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x149/autumngal_photo/hug.gif (broken link)

Last edited by autumngal; 10-02-2007 at 08:26 PM..

Old 10-02-2007, 08:09 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,157,519 times
Oh..I'm so sorry to hear and read about this...I'll be sending good thoughts to you. Big hug...

Old 10-02-2007, 08:14 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,679,388 times
I am so sorry to hear that Mr Mouskiewitz passed away this morning. I know you loved him and that his passing is a great loss to you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:15 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,191,469 times
Oh, Cecilia_Rose, I am so sorry to hear about Mr Mouskiewitz. I do know he is waiting for you on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge, my friend. Liz

Quote:
Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...

*Author Unknown*
Pet Loss Grief Support

Old 10-02-2007, 08:21 PM

526 posts, read 1,247,199 times
Cecilia_Rose, I was so saddened to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:31 PM

673 posts, read 3,146,751 times
I just wanted to post and tell you how sorry I am to hear about the loss of your loved one. Mr. Mouskiewitz will be in my thoughts and prayers. *Hugs*

Old 10-02-2007, 08:34 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Losing a fur-kid hurts so much..Fur kids are a special gift from God to teach us the meaning of unconditional love and the joy of companionship..Fur-kids forever hold a place in our souls..

Old 10-02-2007, 08:47 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,207,343 times
Cecila_Rose I am so sorry to read about the loss of your beloved friend. Words cannot ease the pain, only time so I will have you in my thoughts and prayers for your comfort and peace at this time.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:49 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,578,938 times
I truly am sorry about your loss of a beloved friend. Having lost my Tigger of 16+ years, I can imagine the pain. It hurts so deeply having to part with a loving companion. Bless you and good thoughts to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge