Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2014, 02:49 PM

120 posts, read 215,274 times

Advertisements

After a year and half battle with CHF and pulmonary hypertension, our beloved little girl crossed the Rainbow Bridge. When she was initially diagnosed in 2012 she was so sick, it was nothing short of a miracle that she pulled through. Just as she started to make a little progress she went back into CHF a second time in a two week period. At that point we had considered letting her go but when we went to visit her in the oxygen tank, she tried to crawl out of the little hole they have so that you can pet them without opening the whole door. We knew right then her battle wasn't over. It was hard fought from that point on and she eventually stopped eating. We made the decision to have a feeding tube placed because the risky surgery was necessary for a recovery. She made it through and eventually got stronger and stronger. She was still experiencing some issues though and another trip the cardiologist uncovered that she also had pulmonary hypertension. She started yet another medication and for the first time in a few months, the old Mia was back. Happy, vivacious, and playful. She had some tiny ups and downs but after her miraculous recovery, she went on to enjoy nearly 18 more months. This past week though once again she stopped eating and since she had proudly pulled out her feeding tube a year earlier, we were back having to force feed and use appetite stimulants. Her condition worsened and back to the ER we went. The past 18 months of diuretics had finally shut down her kidneys and she was in renal failure. They said they could try stopping the diuretics and place a nasogastric tube in order to get extra fluids and a liquid diet into her. We agreed and left her in their care in hopes for one more miraculous recovery. Sadly, the following morning the attending veterinarian said she slipped into a coma and we needed to make a decision because she was failing. We left immediately, and she was able to hang on until we got there. We said our quick goodbyes and told her how much we loved her. We lost our heart dog yesterday. It has been the most unimaginable pain ever. I just want to hold her in my arms again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 07:44 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
So sorry for your loss. ((Hugs))

Old 04-02-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
So sorry for your loss. ((Hugs))

Thank you, she was so very near and dear to our heart.

Old 04-03-2014, 05:32 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,599,761 times
What a beautiful girl. Hold onto her in your heart.

I said goodbye to my dog, Honey back in December. She had been blind for 4+ years and had battled kidney disease for two. She was 13 when I lost her. As a tribute to her memory, my sister went and had another dog tag made with her name on it and a few words that were special to us. I hung that dog tag on my keychain. Now when I'm driving, I hear it jingle and think of Honey.

You did an amazing job trying to make her comfortable and to make her past few years filled with loving moments.

I wish you peace.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:27 AM

It's been a little over two weeks and I still can't stop thinking of her and wishing I would wake up and realize it had all been just a dream. Yesterday we received the most beautiful sympathy card from her cardiologists and they both mentioned how special she was and how they would miss her. She touched many hearts and her initial recovery in 2012 was remarkable. I know in my heart I was blessed with more time, but in the end it was just never enough.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
What a beautiful girl. Hold onto her in your heart.

I said goodbye to my dog, Honey back in December. She had been blind for 4+ years and had battled kidney disease for two. She was 13 when I lost her. As a tribute to her memory, my sister went and had another dog tag made with her name on it and a few words that were special to us. I hung that dog tag on my keychain. Now when I'm driving, I hear it jingle and think of Honey.

You did an amazing job trying to make her comfortable and to make her past few years filled with loving moments.

I wish you peace.

Thank you so much and I am also so very sorry for your recent loss. I'm glad you have the keychain to remind you of the wonderful time spent with Honey. When I think of John Legend's song All of Me, I think of Mia. When I hear it on the radio it is like her saying to me, I'm here with you.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:12 PM

My friend commissioned Sandra Miller to do a portrait of Mia. It brought such happy tears. I still miss her so much

Old 05-20-2014, 12:55 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,599,761 times
How touching. What a beautiful painting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge