Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 11:11 AM

6 posts, read 14,541 times

Advertisements

I am sorry for your loss, but children do not think sometime. That is part of growning up. My son had left one of our small dog in our truck. I just happen to be looking around the truck for something. That is when I hear a noise and found our pet. I made my son sit in the truck for thirty minutes in the heat.
So, he would know how it felt to be left along in the heat..... We have many pets here, when we loss one of our pet. I let the children know there will always be a pet that needs a home. Be forgiving and let it go. I know he has to feel so bad for letting this happen.
Give it some time to heal, have a good day.
S.M. Mom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 11:20 AM

1,082 posts, read 3,780,296 times
I am so sorry for your loss. I can imagine how upset I would be at my son too for such a thing, but fact is a child and that is what your son is after all cannot be responsible for remembering anything!! I have discovered that over the years. Ultimately if it is something that important we must go behind them...so he made a mistake a tragic one yes, but you cannot punish him anymore than the guilt he must feel. He is your baby, and as much as you love you cat, you do not need to heap guilt on your already guilt ridden grieving child. He needs you do support him and ease his pain, deepened by the guilt he must feel.
Imagine if it was you who left the door open? How much worse you would feel?
Just a thought.
You both need to comfort each other and stop placing blame, blame needs to go to the dogs that killed your cat, those are vicious dogs and NEED to be reported. If you must be angry place the blame there!
MBG

Old 06-14-2007, 11:50 AM

376 posts, read 1,506,052 times
I am sorry for your loss and understand the difficulty you are feeling. I am waiting on a test result for my beloved Casanova and we may need to put him down. I am not sure I can do it as my heart already hurts just thinking about it. What I keep telling myself is to focus on the joy he brought us.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:00 PM

15 posts, read 51,863 times
Default Sorry for your loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPurryCat View Post
Hello all, it's my first time on here. I did a search for mourning a pet and got this site. I am so upset. Let me tell you, my son accidently left our garage door open Sunday night and my big 20 lb cat TeeKee got out. I got home Monday morning at 5:30 AM from a biz trip to Tampa and slept 3 hours only to awake to my son telling me what had happened. We searched for him and called for him he never came home. About 10 AM that day, (Monday) we found him 2 yards up in their back yard, he'd been killed by their 2 big dogs. I was devastated. I am having a hard time dealing with this. I feel such anger towards my son. If I've told him once I've told him 1000 times to always make sure the doors are closed! Especially the garage door. And now there are consequences. My sweet 6 year old TeeKee is Dead. I made my son help my husband to bury him. It was awful. Since then I made a Mosaic Stepping Stone for my kitty last night. with the glass pieces I did a portrait of my Teekee from a picture and put "We Love You TeeKee 2000-2007 on there. It came out so pretty. But how do I move past this anger I have towards my 12 yr old son? I'm trying to cope but just feel that hurt everytime I look at him then the anger comes. I have not led on that I feel this way, I don't want to scar my son for life. But I could use some help. I have a big empty hole where my poor Teek once was. I miss him so. We have 4 other cats and 2 dogs, but they are each their own person as you other animal lovers know. Any words of advice will help comfort me I'm sure. Thanks in advance for your support.
Amy
I cannot say that I understand what you are going through but as a owner of threes cats (Myles, Malaysia, and Sparkle) I can empathize with your pain. The only advice I have os from a spritual/religous point of view. God gives us only a little time on earth (humans and aminals) be thankful for what you have and think of the pain and guily your son is going through. Thank GOD for keeping your son safe and out of harms way, this ACCIDENT is a painful and unfortunate one, but it could have been a lot more painful, it could have been your son or another loved one that came into harms way.

The next time you look in your sons eyes try and empathize with his grief and guilt if not for your sake, for his emotional and psychological health.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:05 PM

15 posts, read 51,863 times
Default Son in the heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. Mom View Post
I am sorry for your loss, but children do not think sometime. That is part of growning up. My son had left one of our small dog in our truck. I just happen to be looking around the truck for something. That is when I hear a noise and found our pet. I made my son sit in the truck for thirty minutes in the heat.
So, he would know how it felt to be left along in the heat..... We have many pets here, when we loss one of our pet. I let the children know there will always be a pet that needs a home. Be forgiving and let it go. I know he has to feel so bad for letting this happen.
Give it some time to heal, have a good day.
S.M. Mom

I understand your anger but you could have jeopardized your sons health.

Parents please be careful with leaving children in the heat it can cause body temperatures to rise and their brains literrally fry (can cause permanent brain damage even death). In California we have had everal children die in the summer because parents left them in a car for too long.

I understand your reasoning and am not judging you, I just want to out of a good conscience let people know what are the potential consequences for leaving a child in a car on a hot day.

God Bless

Old 05-13-2016, 11:12 PM

607 posts, read 1,402,923 times
Perhaps you could surprise your son with a new kitten and tell him that it is a gift from you to help him in HIS grief and sadness.

"...grant that I may seek to comfort than to be comforted."

I am sorry for your loss.

Old 05-14-2016, 12:00 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie View Post
Perhaps you could surprise your son with a new kitten and tell him that it is a gift from you to help him in HIS grief and sadness.

"...grant that I may seek to comfort than to be comforted."

I am sorry for your loss.
Nice thought but this happened around 9 yrs ago

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:23 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Yes I hope by now they have a new kitty and are happy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge