Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 02:31 PM

3,749 posts, read 12,406,979 times

Advertisements

I just came across this thread today after posting about my Bandit. I add my thanks for it being here. I had forgotten the song "Shannon" and how moving it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 04:56 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times
Smile The Music and Words Will Always Be Here For Anyone Who Wishes to Visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
I just came across this thread today after posting about my Bandit. I add my thanks for it being here. I had forgotten the song "Shannon" and how moving it is.
Va-Cat,

I'm so very sorry about Bandit. I'm glad you took the chance looking in this thread and found some music that hopefully helped you today.

"Shannon" is a very moving song. I'm glad you found it moving too. Mostly, I'm glad it was here for you today when you were looking for something to help soothe.

Take care of yourself and please feel free to contribute any appropriate music in the future.

MSR

Old 11-03-2009, 06:50 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
The Rainbow Bridge wouldn't be complete without a beautiful rendition of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"

YouTube - Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole LYRICS

Old 11-21-2009, 09:45 AM

While this is not a song I found it to be a beautiful tribute poem which encompasses how we all feel about the loss of our beloved pets.

Tribute To A Best Friend

Sunlight streams through window pane
unto a spot on the floor....
then I remember,
it's where you used to lie,
but now you are no more.
Our feet walk down a hall of carpet,
and muted echoes sound....
then I remember,
It's where your paws would joyously abound.
A voice is heard along the road,
and up beyond the hill,
then I remember it can't be yours....
your golden voice is still.
But I'll take that vacant spot of floor
and empty muted hall
and lay them with the absent voice
and unused dish along the wall.
I'll wrap these treasured memorials
in a blanket of my love
and keep them for my best friend
until we meet above.

Author Unknown

Old 12-06-2009, 03:40 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytedC1heY_8

Old 12-06-2009, 07:18 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Aww, that is the cutest thing ever - it really made me smile!

Old 12-11-2009, 09:47 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=405rURIgvDw

Old 12-28-2009, 10:03 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_jCNchJSyI

Old 12-30-2009, 11:01 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Default I posted this at a pet site I go to---they helped me decide to be with Simon at the end--

Well I did go, I'm so glad, thank you. Suddenly I got calm about it and I took him. The vet was good and we went into a room to wait for him. The vet came in and asked us if we were sure that was what we wanted to do. I said, well there isn't anything else we can do to help him, he won't eat and is fading.

The vet shaved a small place on his arm and put in the med. The tech was there with him. Simon laid down as if to sleep and was gone within 30 seconds. We told them we didn't want the body so they will take care if it.

I think my hubby took it worse than I did. He cried and said he didn't know it would be so hard. I guess I have been saying goodbye to Simon for the last few days and my hubby has been busy with other things.

Thank you slick---that is the sweetest thing in the world for us now. Hugs

When we got home my hubby threw out all Simon's meds so as not to remember how sick he was. Now we will have only one cat, Chianti, and she will wonder where Simon went. My hubby is not ready to think about getting another cat in the Spring so we need to grieve Simon for awhile.

Thank you everybody for the kind words and prayers. It helped us a lot during this sad time.

I am always sending people here when they say their animals have died or sick but I never knew I would need to come here for that so soon. I am so grateful for this site.

Slick lit a candle for Simon & me---

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...ng&cid=9866940
Candle lit.

For our furbabies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVt1p...layer_embedded

Old 01-18-2010, 06:04 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times
Smile Missing My Girls....

janelle144 wrote, "Thank you everybody for the kind words and prayers. It helped us a lot during this sad time."

"I am always sending people here when they say their animals have died or sick but I never knew I would need to come here for that so soon. I am so grateful for this site."

I'm grateful for the site too, janelle144, and the people who post in it. I'm sorry you had to visit it due to your own loss. But, I am glad to see that listening to music and and reading the words of others has been beneficial to you and others..

I needed to visit today, because I miss my three. The music makes me feel closer to them. I love them so much....

Thanks to all who have added additional music/thoughts or comments

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge