Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2009, 05:24 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,841,371 times

Advertisements

She was the sweetest cat I ever have owned. She would cuddle next to me while I watched TV and sleep under the covers next to me all night long.

She ate the contaminated pet food in 2007 and it damaged her one kidney (congenital defect). I've been giving her subQ fluids and Pepcid AC since then.

I elected to have her PTS this afternoon. She has had a lot of IV fluids these last 2 days but her blood work didn't budge. Last night, I thought she had had a stroke in the motor area b/c she jerked slightly ever so often, just like my mother did after a stroke like that. She hasn't purred for 2 days. So, RIP and damn those crooks who elected to make a buck by adulterating the gluten they sold the USA with melamine.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 06:53 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,427,070 times
My heart just breaks for you. RIP Katrina

Old 09-10-2009, 08:53 PM

354 posts, read 1,281,980 times
Katrina was a special animal, we are very fortunate to be able to share our lives with wonderful companions like her.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:53 PM

1,116 posts, read 1,134,273 times
I am so sorry for your loss. You gave her the best care you could and I'm sure she knew that. It is so hard to see them hurting. You did the best thing. Take care. Hugs to you.

Old 09-11-2009, 12:18 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,443,857 times
Unhappy I'm So Sorry SouthernBelle..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
She was the sweetest cat I ever have owned. She would cuddle next to me while I watched TV and sleep under the covers next to me all night long.

She ate the contaminated pet food in 2007 and it damaged her one kidney (congenital defect). I've been giving her subQ fluids and Pepcid AC since then.

I elected to have her PTS this afternoon. She has had a lot of IV fluids these last 2 days but her blood work didn't budge. Last night, I thought she had had a stroke in the motor area b/c she jerked slightly ever so often, just like my mother did after a stroke like that. She hasn't purred for 2 days. So, RIP and damn those crooks who elected to make a buck by adulterating the gluten they sold the USA with melamine.
Dear SouthernBelle,

I'm so sorry to hear about Katrina. Since you and I have chatted a bit, I know you take such good care of your pets. How are you doing? How are the other pets?

Sending you Cyberhugs from close by. I hope you feel them and feel you can let down on this board where you aren't a moderator, just another person who lost a beloved, furry family member. I'm sorry such unfortunate circumstances made Katrina have renal failure in her one kidney.

This had to be a difficult decision for you. I hope your DVMs were as supportive as always. Hang in there. Lots of us are sending our warmest hugs and wishes to you through this time.

MSR

Old 09-11-2009, 04:38 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,034,727 times
so sorry to see this southern belle......

know that she had love and happiness with you after such a rough time of it earlier..... you made a good life for her and she knew it......

((((HUGGZ))))

Old 09-11-2009, 09:34 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,031,451 times
I am so sorry.
The only thing that makes any of this better is the "rest in peace" part.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:23 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,587,058 times
I know I posted on the other thread, but I just wanted to say again how sorry I am that this happened...you've always given great advice and input on here, you're clearly an incredible, loving & wonderful pet parent. This whole thing was unfair and an absolute tragedy, and when I think about how many others have suffered from the same contamination and how many tears have been shed for the untimely departure of beloved animals, it just makes me flood with tears. Healing thoughts and prayers from me to you in this time of grief, please know you are not alone and we're all here to support you!

Old 09-11-2009, 05:28 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,841,371 times
Thank you, all of you, for the mind words.

I just feel so bad for the people whose pets first alerted the world to the problem by dying of kidney disease suddenly and w/no idea of why. At least I knew and could take steps. She had an extra year or so of life, thansk to subQ fluids. If only she had 2 kidneys, she might be here still. But only 1 congenitally.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:37 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,401,990 times
I'm sorry you lost your friend. Cats are awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge