Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2007, 04:52 PM

31 posts, read 117,694 times

Advertisements

We are leaning toward to purchasing a home in The Preserve at Smith Creek. The houses are very well built and the community is beautiful. Can anyone living there tell us about the neighborhood as a whole? Will more homes be built? If so, how many? Does the HOA promote activities within the community? We are retired but active and would like a lively neighborhood!!
Thanks in advance for any information you may be willing to send!
Gino
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 05:18 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,690,658 times
The Preserve @ Smith Creek is fairly new. And I know they were planning a start on phase 2. Your realtor should be able to answer all these questions for you, and also get you a copy of the covenants.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:18 PM

709 posts, read 935,436 times
Check out the area, granville county and there were sure alot of nasty trailer homes just down the street. Plus the bigtime junk yard just less than 1 mile north!

Old 06-19-2007, 07:30 PM

Thanks....I'll contact him in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumngal View Post
The Preserve @ Smith Creek is fairly new. And I know they were planning a start on phase 2. Your realtor should be able to answer all these questions for you, and also get you a copy of the covenants.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:32 PM

Thanks urbywan, I have only been to Smith Creek one time and wasn't aware of it's surroundings. Do you think the area will improve as the area expands?

Old 06-19-2007, 08:35 PM

709 posts, read 935,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gino View Post
Thanks urbywan, I have only been to Smith Creek one time and wasn't aware of it's surroundings. Do you think the area will improve as the area expands?
We moved down to Fuquay in wake county the southern part of the county nice small town, with a neat little downtown area. We went up and scoped out the development a few weeks ago, I would be wary of the place. You say you are retired, I would much rather be in an area with some services closer. I believe the closet food store is a good 10 miles away near route 1 headed toward wake forest. I was not impressed with the junk yard near the development.

Look very carefully before you buy.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbywan View Post
We moved down to Fuquay in wake county the southern part of the county nice small town, with a neat little downtown area. We went up and scoped out the development a few weeks ago, I would be wary of the place. You say you are retired, I would much rather be in an area with some services closer. I believe the closet food store is a good 10 miles away near route 1 headed toward wake forest. I was not impressed with the junk yard near the development.

Look very carefully before you buy.
Thanks so much......we'll be sure and look further. We want to stay as close to Bedford, near of Falls of Neuse as we can!

Old 10-07-2007, 12:22 PM
M3K

2 posts, read 5,856 times
Default Preserve Info

Quote:
Check out the area, granville county and there were sure alot of nasty trailer homes just down the street. Plus the bigtime junk yard just less than 1 mile north!

My husband and I are also considering a move to the Preserve (but are now concerned about this junk yard) We have two kids and would like to know if there a lot of school aged children in the community. Also, does anyone know about the Wilton elementary school?

Old 10-07-2007, 12:23 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,681,100 times
Quote:
Check out the area, granville county and there were sure alot of nasty trailer homes just down the street.
Hey, that's people's homes you're talking about!

Old 10-14-2007, 08:02 AM

2 posts, read 8,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxor View Post
Hey, that's people's homes you're talking about!
I agree 100%. I hope those people look elsewhere. Granville County doesn't need shallow people like that anyway and we certainly don't want to turn into the next Cary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary