Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2023, 04:47 PM

12 posts, read 32,977 times

Advertisements

It's true about these people that interview you at these hospitals in NC. Some will interview you for a CNA or Nurse position and some will not even call you back even if you got a lot of years of experience. I been living here in NC since 2017 and have to work through many medical agencies in order to pay my bills because everytime I apply for a job at any hospital in Iredell or any county. Either they just don't call me for an interview or they call me for a interview and after the interview I don't hear from them and they send me a rejection letter. Now that hurts real bad especially when I got 29 years of experience under my belt. And I'm a Med Aide and it seems like they don't want to hire me for that position. These are some of the reasons why I'm trying to finish my bachelor's degree and I planned on moving to El Paso Texas where you will get treated much better than here and will get a hospital job. I spoke with my friend that lives in Texas and he told me the people are much nicer and the state will help me start my own personal care homes business there. So I still working on my degree and trying to finish it so I rush and run from these people in NC. If I stay here I will never achieve my goals and they will never hire me to work in the hospital it's awful here. So word of advice do not move here! You will regret it I guarantee!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2023, 05:31 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,430,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcreole50 View Post
It's true about these people that interview you at these hospitals in NC. Some will interview you for a CNA or Nurse position and some will not even call you back even if you got a lot of years of experience. I been living here in NC since 2017 and have to work through many medical agencies in order to pay my bills because everytime I apply for a job at any hospital in Iredell or any county. Either they just don't call me for an interview or they call me for a interview and after the interview I don't hear from them and they send me a rejection letter. Now that hurts real bad especially when I got 29 years of experience under my belt. And I'm a Med Aide and it seems like they don't want to hire me for that position. These are some of the reasons why I'm trying to finish my bachelor's degree and I planned on moving to El Paso Texas where you will get treated much better than here and will get a hospital job. I spoke with my friend that lives in Texas and he told me the people are much nicer and the state will help me start my own personal care homes business there. So I still working on my degree and trying to finish it so I rush and run from these people in NC. If I stay here I will never achieve my goals and they will never hire me to work in the hospital it's awful here. So word of advice do not move here! You will regret it I guarantee!
Not sure why you’re responding to a post that is 13 years old but I’m sorry you’ve had a difficult time finding a permanent position here in NC. I wish you the best on the completion of your degree and future career opportunities.

Old 07-09-2023, 05:56 AM

69 posts, read 62,731 times
Sorry nc closed for new job applications. We are full.

Old 07-09-2023, 03:41 PM

4,561 posts, read 3,765,170 times
There are hospital wings, especially state psychiatric hospitals, where entire wings are closed because there are not enough RNs or psychiatrists to staff them. I would be surprised to hear nurses can’t find a job around here. On the other hand, the hospital I’m referring to is in Butner, but most all of the people that work there commute from Durham, Chapel Hill.

It’s probably possible that you just take whatever nursing job is out there (boring clinic, nursing home, dialysis) and then network and work your way to better jobs. Even people in the medical field have to network, use that dang LinkedIn, etc

Old 07-10-2023, 07:19 PM

4,167 posts, read 4,886,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post
There are hospital wings, especially state psychiatric hospitals, where entire wings are closed because there are not enough RNs or psychiatrists to staff them. I would be surprised to hear nurses can’t find a job around here. On the other hand, the hospital I’m referring to is in Butner, but most all of the people that work there commute from Durham, Chapel Hill.

It’s probably possible that you just take whatever nursing job is out there (boring clinic, nursing home, dialysis) and then network and work your way to better jobs. Even people in the medical field have to network, use that dang LinkedIn, etc

Absolutely use LinkedIn...! I got my last two jobs through my LinkedIn contacts so it's a great way to network with others in your field and easier for recruiters looking for specific skill sets and experience to find you.

Old 07-11-2023, 05:38 AM

327 posts, read 604,148 times
The state of NC is looking for nurses everywhere. There are hundreds of job postings on the state employment website. You won't get paid as much as in the private sector, but you do have job security, good benefits and retirement/pension for the rest of your life.

Old 07-11-2023, 06:34 AM

16,426 posts, read 12,533,205 times
13 year old thread. If the OP hasn't found a job yet, she's got bigger issues
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary