Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 05:09 PM

113 posts, read 727,729 times

Advertisements

Just got this forward from a neighbor, thought I'd pass it along...

A seventh grader from HRMS got off the bus today at the corner of Brookberry & Grantwood Drive in Sunset Oaks, Holly Springs. She walked two houses north on Grantwood Drive and was approached by a white truck heading south on Grantwood Drive. The driver of the white pick-up truck asked her if she needed a ride she said no at that point he tried to grab her and said get in the truck she ran to her house which is six houses down Grantwood Drive.

The following is a description of the vehicle: Late model white flat bed pick-up truck with metal construction bars that would hold ladders on the back. The truck also had mud all over it. No Rust, No Dents and No Plate information. The driver was a white male w/a dark baseball cap 30 - 50 yrs old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 05:15 PM

206 posts, read 746,975 times
Thanks for posting this. We are right down the road from you.

Old 08-27-2010, 05:24 PM

306 posts, read 883,366 times
I just logged on to post about the same thing... just heard about this from a friend after a big email went out from a Sunset Oaks resident. Apparently this is the SECOND attempt. I don't have details about the first one.

Old 08-27-2010, 05:41 PM

108 posts, read 347,681 times
I live in Sunset Oaks and this is beyond scary. Here are the details I received about the attempted abduction in the Cotswold subdivision last week. Let's all do what we can to keep our community safe!

I heard this afternoon that yesterday two fourth grade girls were approached by an African American man in a white pick-up truck on Galsworthy St. and asked to get in the truck. According to the story, a neighbor woman pulled into her nearby driveway and he sped away.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:25 PM

1 posts, read 4,540 times
Hello - I just moved to Sunset Oaks a few months ago and was wondering if there is a neighborhood message board that posts information such as this but specifically for our subdivision.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:29 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,871,316 times
I read something in the paper this week about a white truck sitting outside someone's home watching 2 kids play. The mom came home and the truck driver rushed off. I think it was Holly Springs. You could search the N&O for more info.

Thanks for posting!

Old 08-27-2010, 06:31 PM

91 posts, read 180,942 times
I wonder if this is the same truck from Cary?

Cary police up patrols after reports of suspicious truck :: WRAL.com

Old 08-28-2010, 06:22 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Holly Springs police receive report of suspicious vehicle :: WRAL.com

That's the news report according to WRAL.

It is scary! Sometimes it's incidents like this that remind parents to be vigilant when your kids are playing outside.

My kids walk home from school, sometimes by themselves. I'll be walking with them from now on.

Nothing like a coward freak cruising the neighborhoods looking for a child-victim.

Old 08-28-2010, 09:32 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
It is a scary world we live in.

My broker-in-charge recently send out a notice that there is a woman who is going to Open Houses and while the Agent is busy with one person, she is in the bathroom, stealing prescription drugs.

This has happened at a few Open Houses. Police have her description.

Everyone needs to pay attention to their surroundings to keep safe. Kids walking from their bus stops need to stop texting and look up to keep themselves safe. Sad but true.

Vicki

Old 08-28-2010, 07:47 PM

178 posts, read 550,083 times
We live across the street from the Cotswold neighborhood. Twice I have run outside to look at a white van driving slow in our complex in the afternoon. I brought my cell to call the cops, but once I got down 3 flights, I could never find the van. I thought I was being paranoid, but after seeing this thread, I'm a bit freaked out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary