Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 01:04 PM

9 posts, read 34,815 times

Advertisements

We used them to move about a year ago. It was a blazing hot day and they did a great job without ever complaining. We were very pleased with their hard work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 02:34 PM

52 posts, read 129,811 times
We have used TROSA to move 3 times in the last 10 years. Each time I have been very impressed with their professionalism and work ethic. I highly recommend them as they do a great job and you are supporting a very good organization.

Old 09-25-2010, 02:41 PM

467 posts, read 1,774,077 times
I, too, have used TROSA and have recommended them to even my most cynical friends, who have also ultimately used them and been very pleased. It is a phenomenal group.

Old 09-25-2010, 03:01 PM

675 posts, read 1,832,554 times
In addition to their moving services, and buying our christmas tree from them, we have used their frame shop. I had them frame up a poster-sized group shot from our wedding as an anniversary present to my wife. They did a fantastic job, absolute A-1 quality, and at about a half to two-thirds the cost of what one of the big retailers wanted to charge us during one of their "sales."

We will be using them for all our future framing jobs.

Old 09-25-2010, 03:20 PM

632 posts, read 1,843,696 times
TROSA moved us this past week from storage to our new house. Excellent group of young men. They even held onto the furniture while I placed felt pads under each leg for the pieces going on our new hardwood floors! We highly recommend them.

Old 09-25-2010, 04:11 PM

2,024 posts, read 5,912,710 times
Incredibly good luck with them as movers -- hardworking, fast, excellent quality, nice guys. This is an amazing program that turns lives around.

We've used them for one-time cleanups on properties under construction / new ownership and for ongoing maintenance. On the former, excellent work, price is right, hard work done right. On the latter: we continue to use them and they keep the yard looking acceptable, but we don't have high-end flowering beds or plants needing maintenance. I don't think if we did that we'd find them knowledgeable enough on complex landscaping. If you have a simpler yard or a commercial property I think they'd be awesome. Routine maintenance work they do fine with.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:13 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,292,600 times
Huge supporter of Trosa!

We've used them several times for moves too, personally & for business. Always very pleased. Excellent organization that we are happy to support!! Would like to try their lawn care service.

They also opened up a small grocery store in Durham this year. Haven't visited it yet, but would like to.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:24 AM

1,074 posts, read 3,245,408 times
They moved us and did a fabulous job. The guys were extremely grateful and respectful, and handled our things with care.

Old 09-26-2010, 12:50 PM

37 posts, read 54,389 times
Used them a year ago to move to rental home, using them again next week to move to larger home. Had no complaints and anticipate another positive experience.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:17 AM

371 posts, read 1,218,510 times
Congrats to those who got good service from TROSA

Personally, I would never use "TROSA". I used them couple of years ago since I wanted to support those people but with the experience I have had I would never try them

First of all, they were rude and said inappropriate things to my wife. She was so upset because of them and made our moving more painful.

Second, they spent almost double the number of hours they initially estimated as they were so lazy. Took them about 8 hours (for 4 people) to move stuff from one bedroom apartment on the 1st floor to two bedroom on the first floor in the same apartment complex. They used their vehicle to move within the apartment complex, of course. How much stuff one could have in one bedroom (600 sq ft) apartment to take that many hours?

I would never recommend those to anyone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary