Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2024, 10:17 AM

475 posts, read 707,095 times

Advertisements

Is it a dent and a scratch or just a scratch?

I've used Ken before at Dent Dominator and agree he's great. Something hit the hood of my car and caused a divot and some scratches down to the primer. He brought the dent out, and I provided some touch up paint and he applied it to the scratches.

I also had a rock hit the roof and take out a dime-sized chunk of paint but this was plastic. I used putty to level the surface then used touch up paint to cover it up, although the putty was similar in color to the car (light grey).

I would buy touch up paint to match your car and if there's a dent take it to Ken and he'll get you squared away. If you don't try to level it you'll still see the scratch but it'll be colored the same as your car.

If it's just a scratch here's what I would do (and did):

Buy this putty from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Put blue painter's tape on both sides of the scratch. Apply a thin amount of putty into the scratch to "level" the scratch, wipe off the excess, let it dry, and then apply touch up paint on top, then take the blue painter's tape off.

It'll be good enough cosmetically and also cover the metal from rusting. At most this solution would cost you about $25-30.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2024, 01:03 PM

4,185 posts, read 4,908,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN56T View Post
This is what makes City Data great.......useful leads. Thanks for posting.
You're welcome....!

A tree limb fell on my beloved truck when Ian came through and put a big dent in the left fender. I was very upset but took it to Ken and today you'd never know a dent was ever there unless I showed you the before pictures. He also removed some smaller dents around the truck as well. I was not expecting such a high level of perfection but the guy is a magician at dent removal. Not cheap, but in my situation it was worth every penny compared to the cost of replacing and repainting the entire fender which most likely wouldn't match the original two-tone factory paint.

Old 05-06-2024, 01:48 PM

5,748 posts, read 17,635,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Call Ken at Dent Dominator....Ken does excellent work if you ever need any dent repairs.
https://dentdominator.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMH View Post
I've used Ken before at Dent Dominator and agree he's great. Something hit the hood of my car and caused a divot and some scratches down to the primer. He brought the dent out, and I provided some touch up paint and he applied it to the scratches.
OK. That's two recommendations for Ken. I'll give him a call. Thanks everyone.

Old 05-07-2024, 06:08 AM

11,242 posts, read 8,346,935 times
Dent Dominator, off of Powell near the intersection with Beryll. He was great for our needs.

Old 05-09-2024, 09:37 AM

Dent Dominator told me that they can easily remove the dent, but were not able to repair the scratches. For that they would send the car to a nearby auto body shop. I decided to continue searching for a place that would do both.

Old Yesterday, 10:03 AM

374 posts, read 238,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
Dent Dominator told me that they can easily remove the dent, but were not able to repair the scratches. For that they would send the car to a nearby auto body shop. I decided to continue searching for a place that would do both.
How much for the dent removal? I have a 22 year old car that is in surprisingly great shape aside from one nasty dent right along a body line on the rear quarter panel.

Old Today, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codygreen View Post
How much for the dent removal? I have a 22 year old car that is in surprisingly great shape aside from one nasty dent right along a body line on the rear quarter panel.
They gave me a quote over the phone after viewing a pic of the damage that I texted to them.

They ask you a few questions (Size of the dent. Is the panel aluminum? Is it along a body line? etc.) and feed your answers into a software program, which spits out the cost.

He gave me a rough cost of $400 for my very small dent on an aluminum hood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary