Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2007, 09:27 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,332,580 times

Advertisements

So, where did everyone go? and what were your impressions of it. Anyplace you'd absolutely recommend to everyone for next year?

We went to Durham for the USA baseball vs Japan, at the Bulls park with the fireworks show afterwards. Would recommend it. Comfortable seats, baseball, hotdogs, nice display, and best of all no mosquitoes....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 09:41 AM

560 posts, read 2,850,092 times
We did the Wake Forest - Rolesville HS on the 3rd, it was real nice. Very impressive display and lots to eat, The Band of Oz performed the whole time and they had sky jumpers land on the football field twice during the event. We will probably attend next year unless we learn of something more interesting!

Old 07-05-2007, 09:48 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,037,959 times
We also did the wake forest fireworks on the 3rd. It was nice (crowded!!!), the kids had a ball and the fireworks were good. Then on the 4th, wake forest had the kids parade and games for the kids at holding park. It was fun!!!

Leigh

Old 07-05-2007, 10:03 AM

578 posts, read 3,082,180 times
Went to both the WF and the Raleigh @ Fairgrounds offerings.

The WF had less spectacular fireworks but the entire thing was smaller and more manageable overall due to less crowds. You're also a little closer to the actual fireworks which is nice, but makes them louder. Note it cost $5 an adult this year, unsure about previous/future years.

The Fairgrounds had larger, bigger fireworks with the current "heart" and "smiley" face ones as well as the super loud "flash-bangs" if that's your thing. They had The Drifters (no original members) there for 2 shows. I got there late for the kids-orientated attractions which all ended at 8pm but there seemed to be quite a bit of it.

Expect long lines for typical expensive festival food and drink. But note that both allowed coolers, wagons, chairs, etc. so you can bring your own.

All around it was a good holiday with the kids.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:07 AM

2,024 posts, read 5,917,024 times
I was at the DBAP for the fireworks and I thought they were quite good. Not an NYC, Boston, Phila. extravaganza but just right for the Triangle. We were surprisingly close to the fireworks, which were launched from atop the Diamond View II building that's under construction overlooking the outfield... so you could feel the heat of the fireworks going off!

BTW, if there are any baseball fans out there, be sure to try to make a USA v. Japan game at the DBAP... I think they're running through the weekend. Both teams are the national collegiate-level teams, so it's a little all-star spectacle of some of the best college baseball players in the US and Japan. I love going to Bulls games but the quality of baseball played here, esp. by the USA team, seemed way above typical AAA ball level.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:11 AM

607 posts, read 2,432,106 times
My daughter and I went to the one in Garner, at Lake Benson Park. Very impressive. They really had it planned out. We drove in, parked, found a beautiful spot under a trees shade, stayed there for four hours before the fireworks, and they had a great band, then the NC Symphony played wonderful, wonderful music. The fireworks were great, Smiley face, and hearts and tons of fireworks. The finale was wonderful. We walked to our car, and was out of the park within 10 minutes. They had two lanes going out. Each lane going the opposite way, and they had police and volunteers keeping everyone moving. Great night. Plus the weather was wonderful, in fact, a little before the fireworks, I started to get chilled, I had wished I brought a sweatshirt =0

Old 07-05-2007, 11:37 AM

359 posts, read 1,838,991 times
Any place out there allow residents to do their own? Out here, fireworks (class C) are legal within city limits June 28th-July 4th. Our neghborhood puts on quite a show. We all sit out front and watch each others' display. It's a lot of fun. Afterwards, we all turn out to sweep up the street. Anything like that out there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary