Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 08:08 PM

205 posts, read 487,774 times

Advertisements

Sprint is a piece of work. I cancelled my service with them because of coverage problems and dropped calls. The customer service agent I spoke with had the gall to *argue with me* about the fact that I had experienced poor reception and dropped calls, insisting that the Triangle area had excellent coverage. While we were "discussing" it, our connection started stuttering and neither of us could hear a complete sentence from the other. It was pretty funny, in an irritating sort of way. I'll NEVER use Sprint again.

EVER.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 08:36 PM

216 posts, read 539,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
Maybe Sprint is under attack from a virus? there's one going around in China right now and it's wreaking havoc. Although it's totally different and literally messes with individual phones and their text functions, etc. Cell phone virus attacks 1 million cell phone users - CSMonitor.com

Clearly Sprint has a big time glitch they are not admitting they are struggling to fix. They need to be honest and tell you all what the issue is and for how long it'll go on. Instead of acting like it's other minor issues and wasting time taking calls and issuing tickets. Their PR/corp communications staff must be on vacation
I live in Sanford and Windstream's primary internet tunnel to us from Raleigh was on a back up tunnel for nearly a year. I took many people to call and complain, and finally a USSOCOM networking administrator from Ft Bragg moved into the area. With his knowledge and expertise, he was able to document the issues in the area and finally get them to fix it, but it was all documention on his part that saved the day, and constantly calling and submitting help tickets.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:13 PM

22 posts, read 57,749 times
Default PROBLEM SOLVED !!!! I think

I believe the problem with non 919 area codes in the Raleigh area has been resolved. Local Sprint service center told me that Sprint found a glitch in the system and as of 2pm this past Thursday have rectified the problem.

I have not experienced any problems since Thursday and am cautiously optimistic that they have in fact corrected the issues.

Since this thread has been relatively quiet lately, I assume others are in good shape as well. For those that pestered Sprint customer service, thank you.

Over 3 weeks of frustration and aggravation.

Let's hope this is behind us.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:40 PM

272 posts, read 724,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster25 View Post
I believe the problem with non 919 area codes in the Raleigh area has been resolved. Local Sprint service center told me that Sprint found a glitch in the system and as of 2pm this past Thursday have rectified the problem.

I have not experienced any problems since Thursday and am cautiously optimistic that they have in fact corrected the issues.

Since this thread has been relatively quiet lately, I assume others are in good shape as well. For those that pestered Sprint customer service, thank you.

Over 3 weeks of frustration and aggravation.

Let's hope this is behind us.

I had bad reception just this afternoon.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:17 PM

22 posts, read 57,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivoniaMi View Post
I had bad reception just this afternoon.
My issues over the past 3 weeks have not been about reception, but about crosstalk and not being to hear the other party (or vice versa). I have had good signal strength.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:32 PM

10 posts, read 15,255 times
my phone that was reprogrammed a few days ago seems to be working fine now. I have been able to answer all incoming non-919 calls.

Haven't had anyone call on the line we didn't reprogram so nor sure if it is fixed or not.

I hope the glitch is fixed.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:15 AM

272 posts, read 724,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster25 View Post
My issues over the past 3 weeks have not been about reception, but about crosstalk and not being to hear the other party (or vice versa). I have had good signal strength.

Mine are reception and all the other issues.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,288 times
Saw this post a while ago, been a loooong time lurker here and FINALLY decided to join

I just moved to Durham after travelling up and down the entire east coast for the past couple months (from Tampa, FL to the Canadian border) with NO service issues from Sprint. When I got here around October 20th is when the problems started: the same exact ones mentioned by you guys ("misdirected calls," callers hearing me but i can't hear them, calls just going through).

After HOURS on the phone with "customer service," I got nothing but run-around and disrespect from the "highest" upervisor. Was told that a credit will NOT be issued, that I am still able to use the service, at least partially, so that's good enough. He said I could "send a letter to corporate."

Thank god I'm not under contract anymore. After emailing the President of the customer service department, my case got handed to some "account executive" who has sporadically been in contact with me, as has someone from their technical department. I got a call this past Thursday that corroborates the story that the issues are fixed....What they were? I guess we'll never know....

Old 11-15-2010, 07:08 PM

10 posts, read 15,255 times
no problems now for us.

My mother and MIL have managed to call several times without issues-not sure if that's good or bad!

Old 11-16-2010, 07:58 AM

374 posts, read 1,182,111 times
I have not had any issues in the last week either. FINALLY!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary