Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 10:54 AM

66 posts, read 129,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9one9racing View Post
I work next door to lafayette.
we frequent upper crust. it is A+++ in terms of everything. it can get very busy, so please bare with them as they learn. they have amazing eats there. and desert.

the pub, ehh, we stopped by one day, maybe a day before they opened just to see if they have a menu, i dont know if it was the main owner or who, but they just had this snobby attitude about what was going on the menu. i asked what they were going to serve, burgers, dogs, pub food. and he replied with " umm, a little more high end than that" with a slight cocky attitude while sitting back in his chair. def. gave off a bad vibe

just a turn off if you ask me

apparently paparazzi (or however its spelled) is open now. and i cant wait for the market.
I agree. We went to the pub last night. I had wings and a burger. I did not like the wings, the burger was good. Based on their menu, they are going more high end.
I would go there to have drinks and hang out, but it would not be a place I would go to watch games. I would rather go to the Village Pub in Falls River for games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2010, 07:04 PM

133 posts, read 627,020 times
We live near Brassfield and LOVE this new shopping space. Upper Crust is great - we have sampled a lot of their breakfast pastries over the last several weeks. Paparazzi was also fantastic. We got a couple sandwiches from there today for lunch and there were no leftovers. Can't wait to try the other places when they open!

Old 12-05-2010, 08:43 PM

62 posts, read 65,153 times
This looks awesome! I'll definitley make a special trip to North Raleigh to check it out when it's more complete. I was thinking though, I think it would be nice if they had some trees in the inner courtyards instead of just concrete everywhere. Or maybe there are but you just can't see them in the pictures. Also, I was looking at it on Google Earth and was wondering where the entrance to the underground parking is? I can't seem to find anything that looks like an entrance.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:21 AM

6,825 posts, read 9,059,808 times
I'm staring at the full page advertisement for it in the North Raleigh News. It grabbed my attention enough that I came on the forum and searched for any threads about it. Thanks to NRG for posting this. I moved from the San Jose area where we have a high end shopping development called Santana Row. It's a bit fake, but many people seem to like it.

Not to knock Cary (yet again), but I really appreciate that this place isn't designed like your typical Cary (or Brier Creek) strip mall. It has some personality and that's nice. For me, this will be a nice complement to the mostly chain outlets that we have here in Brier Creek. Lafayette Village is only about 10 minutes away for me. I plan to stop by sometime in the next few days and see what the fuss is all about.

Old 12-11-2010, 03:03 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,096,578 times
We should have a Christmas City-Data meetup somewhere there. Maybe the Pub?

Old 12-11-2010, 03:47 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
I drove around it a few weeks ago.

It is "European" in a Disneyesque sort of way.

But it'll be fun to check out the new shops/restaurants.
Just returned from Disney. Looks like the World Showcase area of Epcot.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:25 AM
T|K

891 posts, read 2,496,653 times
Went went to the spice store this weekend, and they had a great selection and prices. That store is going to make the wife spend a lot of money.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:46 PM

59 posts, read 151,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Not to knock Cary (yet again), but I really appreciate that this place isn't designed like your typical Cary (or Brier Creek) strip mall. It has some personality and that's nice. For me, this will be a nice complement to the mostly chain outlets that we have here in Brier Creek. Lafayette Village is only about 10 minutes away for me. I plan to stop by sometime in the next few days and see what the fuss is all about.
While the facade is a breath of fresh air, the developers seem to be missing the big picture here and it seems to be just like any other suburban shopping center. Admittedly, I haven't been to this area in a couple years but I can't imagine it being the ideal location for what ostensibly is supposed to promote a more urban lifestyle.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:42 PM

249 posts, read 883,013 times
Great Idea. If only people could live around this charming shopping area. The vision of the parking lot just destroys the magnificence of the idea.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:17 PM

451 posts, read 1,157,522 times
Per my friend who is a commercial real estate agent, the place will still be a ghost town next year. They are charging astronomically high rent with no shared amenities + no big anchor to bring in traffic = not a good recipe for long term success. We hope he's wrong because the area needs it and upper crust/pub have been enjoyable.

To be honest that sort of thing is out of my knowledge base but he's very involved with the community and has his finger on the pulse of development in the triangle. He told me one year ago to stay away from a major developer who was super well known in the area when I was getting my office bids (builder/owner of New Waverly in Cary + a lot of other buildings) At the time I told some people 'in the know' and they scoffed at the idea of trouble. Well, a few weeks ago they lost their construction license and filed bankruptcy (max oaks) leaving many people in the lurch. So after that experience I trust my friend the commercial rep even more, although I do hope he's wrong about this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary