Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 08:38 AM

34 posts, read 94,107 times

Advertisements

Ok.. We are Oregon Duck fans wanting to find other Oregon fans to meet up with and watch some Oregon Duck football. If you know of a meetup group in the triangle area please let us know... GO DUCKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 08:14 PM

609 posts, read 506,036 times
Having lived in Oregon for a long time, I enjoy watching the Ducks and the Beavers ...

Old 11-27-2010, 09:54 AM

247 posts, read 452,407 times
I am not an Oregon fan, but it's nice to see other Pac-10 fans out here!

Old 11-27-2010, 12:04 PM

76 posts, read 121,074 times
I wouldn't class myself as a real fan, but Oregon football is just wonderful to watch and last night game was another great game.

They are fully deserving of the no.1 ranking.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:38 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,061,623 times
Hi everybody, I am currently listed on the University of Oregon website as the alumni contact for UO related get-togethers. I had four people contact me about yesterday's game but they all had to cancel at the last minute. I would definitely be interested in hosting a party anytime the Ducks are playing (football, basketball, etc) The location on the website is out of date. We are currently hosting it at the Carolina Ale House in Brier Creek, up by the airport. This location may not be convenient for some, but it allows people from Chapel Hill or Durham to get there as easily as folks in Raleigh and Cary do.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:26 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,758,140 times
I've met a few Duck Alumni in the area by introducing myself to folks I see in Duck gear. Funny thing... I've met more Duck Fans / Alumni in REI and Bull City Running than anywhere else. LOL!

I was recently at Disney World and saw a whole family in Duck Gear.... looking for Donald.

Go Ducks! QUACK!

Old 12-02-2010, 11:09 AM

34 posts, read 94,107 times
Its so great to see other Oregon Duck fans... I am thinking a trip to the Carolina Ale House in Brier Creek will definitely be on for this Saturday for the civil war....
gOOOOOOOOOOO Ducks

Old 12-02-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiared View Post
Its so great to see other Oregon Duck fans... I am thinking a trip to the Carolina Ale House in Brier Creek will definitely be on for this Saturday for the civil war....
gOOOOOOOOOOO Ducks
Hi GeorgiaRed. It would definitely be good to see you and any other Duck fans. Please let me know if you are definitely going to make it so i can plan to be at the Carolina Ale House to hook up. Last time I hosted, everyone cancelled but didn't leave me any message that they were cancelling. There's nothing worse than waiting 30 minutes or more for folks who decide at the last minute to not show up.

I do hope you can make it. Do you know if the Civil War is carried on ESPN? I haven't checked yet.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:53 PM

247 posts, read 452,407 times
This is sort of random, but I thought of this thread when I was at Wal-Mart in Clayton yesterday because they had Oregon Ducks stockings, hats, ornaments and a few other Christmas decorations mixed in with the NC State, UNC and Duke stuff. I thought I'd mention it in case anyone was looking for them since apparently you can find it locally! Seems so random!

Old 12-02-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azwildcatfan View Post
This is sort of random, but I thought of this thread when I was at Wal-Mart in Clayton yesterday because they had Oregon Ducks stockings, hats, ornaments and a few other Christmas decorations mixed in with the NC State, UNC and Duke stuff. I thought I'd mention it in case anyone was looking for them since apparently you can find it locally! Seems so random!
You're kidding me! That seems hard to believe. I was just getting ready to drive down there but I see you are an Arizona fan. I know you're trying to steer me in the wrong direction. Grrr.. LOL.

I might be in the area tomorrow and could check it out. If anyone wants to place an order for anything, please let me know. Those items can't possibly be authentic/authorized Duck merchandise. I can't imagine someone selling those so far from Oregon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary