Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2010, 02:35 PM

449 posts, read 700,103 times

Advertisements

Pleeeeeeeese...

Obviously we don't have any growing nearby... I'd love to "take some off your hands" to use for our very first Christmas decorating in our home here.

Let me know... and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone from here in Northern California where we are visiting my family until Sunday... RDU didn't have the new TSA "equipment" heh heh, but SJC does... gee I can't wait. Check out last week's Saturday Night Live skit if you can, it was laugh-until-you-cry hilarious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 09:32 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
I hope you find some people that can give you some. I think your approach of politely asking is a lot nicer than some people who have no shame and if they see some flowers on your property they want, will just help themselves to it without asking first.

I used to have Rose bushes with lots of pink flowers on them in my front yard of my house in New England and a handful of people every year when they were in bloom would brazenly drive up, stop their car (despite there being no parking allowed on the street), get out with their basket and clippers and go to town taking as many roses as they wanted. It never ceased to amaze me.

I'd go for walks in the neighborhood and sadly I'd see others had stolen gorgeous flowers from other people's gardens. It was really sad. I remember one person had even put a sign up saying something to the effret of please don't steal the flowers---which didn't seem to help.

Old 11-27-2010, 02:13 PM

310 posts, read 575,759 times
People need boundaries. I used to have a pecan tree in my front yard. One day I looked out my bedroom window and see a woman and her little girl picking the pecans. I asked her if I could help her and she said "I'm just getting pecans. Is that okay?" I told her "No, it's private property." If she had rang the doorbell and asked I would have said okay but to just help herself and show her daughter that it's okay to basically take something that clearly is on private property is just wrong.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:41 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
I had beautiful and hard to find azaleas in my Atlanta garden., Several times a year people would leave their cars running at the curb and just walk up to get cuttings. I watched them from my window and was astonished somebody would feel so entitled. They also cut by the bunches my daffodils or tulips. All this was obviously in a private yard.

Old 11-29-2010, 06:09 AM

I can't imagine doing that to other's yards...

I'll hope for an offer in this thread

Old 11-29-2010, 06:41 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weblackey View Post
I can't imagine doing that to other's yards...

I'll hope for an offer in this thread
I would post a request on Craig's list as well and even put a few notices up on public bulletins around the area. Maybe even florists would have leftovers you could offer to take off their hands.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:13 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,654,812 times
How much do you need?

Old 11-30-2010, 07:32 PM

Exclamation I'll take...

... as much as I can get, short of a truck full

What I want to do with it will depend on how much I can get.... I know that sounds annoyingly vague, but it's true...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary