Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 03:57 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,839,827 times

Advertisements

Anywhere near Holly Springs, Cary, Apex? I would love to send my kids to Cary Academy but at upwards of 20k a kid that isnt going to happen lol. I would be interested in hearing about other less expensive schools though. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 04:03 PM

1,515 posts, read 6,982,732 times
Raleigh Christian Academy...I think? I know they offer a discount for multiple children and they will work with you as far as costs are concerned. I know Ravenscroft is another private school, but I dont know how much.
My daughter attends Beacon Baptist church and alot of the kids there attend Raleigh christian academy. They have a 98% rate of the graduating class attending college. I thought that was pretty good (compared to my high school, lol)

Old 07-11-2007, 05:35 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,037 times
I do not know numbers off of the top of my head, but I would suggest going to the carolinaparent website and search about private schools. They put an issue out every year about schools, public and private. They tend to list their websites, religious affliation (if any) and tuition. I believe if you search on the site, you will be able to access the information. Their website is carolinaparent.com

Hope this helps
Leigh

Old 07-11-2007, 05:52 PM

709 posts, read 934,960 times
cary academy is 13,725

Old 07-11-2007, 06:01 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,667,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbywan View Post
cary academy is 13,725
I think your infomation is a bit out of date....from their own web site.....

http://www.caryacademy.org/admission...Fees_07-08.pdf

This does not include books or uniforms.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:28 PM

1,994 posts, read 5,961,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrickhead28 View Post
Raleigh Christian Academy...I think? I know they offer a discount for multiple children and they will work with you as far as costs are concerned. I know Ravenscroft is another private school, but I dont know how much.
My daughter attends Beacon Baptist church and alot of the kids there attend Raleigh christian academy. They have a 98% rate of the graduating class attending college. I thought that was pretty good (compared to my high school, lol)
Speaking from personal experience, a 98% rate of a graduating class going to college is not necessarily a reflection of the quality of a private high school education. It is much more a reflection of the parents sending their kids to that school. 90% of my graduating class went to college, and my school was a joke compared to the local high school (actually, it was a joke, period). It's just that the parents of everyone who went there expected them to go to college.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:29 PM

709 posts, read 934,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
I think your infomation is a bit out of date....from their own web site.....

http://www.caryacademy.org/admission...Fees_07-08.pdf

This does not include books or uniforms.

Whoops, a big number.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:30 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,839,827 times
Thanks for the info!

Old 07-11-2007, 06:31 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,667,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toot68 View Post
Speaking from personal experience, a 98% rate of a graduating class going to college is not necessarily a reflection of the quality of a private high school education. It is much more a reflection of the parents sending their kids to that school. 90% of my graduating class went to college, and my school was a joke compared to the local high school (actually, it was a joke, period). It's just that the parents of everyone who went there expected them to go to college.
Thank you for bringing this up....let's face it...the graduation rate at a private high school should be high.....these students are all going to have parents that value college......unlike all parents at even the best public high school.

One more item....private schools don't have to educate anyone they don't want to....you have a kid that isn't serious about learning....out they go. Public schools don't have that choice.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:53 PM

141 posts, read 675,245 times
Don't these schools have financial aid? My high school was $28k a year, but I am fairly certain that a portion of those students were either on academic or athletic scholarships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary