Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 01:26 PM

31 posts, read 125,512 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm considering moving to the Grove at Cary Park, can anyone who has knowledge of the apartments please fill me in? I've done research and have seen both bad and good comments. If you can tell me anything, please let me know. I have 2 children ages 12 and 13. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 01:44 PM

1,515 posts, read 6,984,044 times
According to Apartmentratings.com, it does not pass as too favorable:
Grove at Cary Park Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Cary apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Old 07-12-2007, 02:13 PM

1,364 posts, read 6,023,401 times
I don't trust apartmentratings.com - most, if not all complexes get negative reviews. The apartment complex I currently live in gets something like a 20% reccomendation and I love it - sure there are issues, but people are always quick to complain and slow to praise.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:21 PM

1,515 posts, read 6,984,044 times
True.
I ignored it when I moved into my last apartment. A year later, I wrote a review that had the majority of the management fired.

The ones I would ignore are the ones of barking dogs (you will get it anywhere you go), kids running the streets (they do run & play, they can't help it) and the ones of "I paid my rent late yet they still evicted me". I think its a use of your best judgement if you read the reviews at all. I think serious accusations about the management and the grounds in general are ones to pay close attention to. That and security/crime.
Thats not something you will see on the apartment's website.

Old 07-12-2007, 05:41 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,167,824 times
I live in Northridge Crossings and we have a few bad reviews which I've answered.

You look through the ratings for commonality. If you see the same problem mentioned by many reviewers, it's probably valid. If one bad review among many good ones, may just be a malcontent or an evicted tenant who violated community rules.

The ratings are good but you need to read the detailed reviews and not just the percentages. Sort of like analyzing ebay feedback ratings.

We did quite well using the ratings. On third lease here and will most likely renew.

Old 07-14-2007, 01:13 PM

31 posts, read 125,512 times
Anyone else know anything???

Old 03-31-2009, 02:06 PM

1 posts, read 8,008 times
Default The grove at cary park

THE APARTMENT R THE WORSE ... LOUD MUSIC BEING PLAYED WHEN U CALL TTHE OFFICE ... THEY DOES A.THG I HATED HERE .. IF CAN HELP IT DON'T MOVE OVER HERE!!!!!

Old 04-01-2009, 07:15 AM

3 posts, read 10,853 times
You should try Courtney Reserve at Cary Park. We rented there for 7 months and enjoyed our stay. Newer apts, nice amenities, and Harris Teeter and CVS right next door. The mgmt was nice and always promptly answered our questions. Its also right off Hwy 55 and convenient to Cary (where all the happening stuff is)and Southpoint etc.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:33 AM

1 posts, read 7,345 times
Default think about it

I am currently a resident at the groves my only issues is if I ask for the ledger on my rent and the landlord tells me no because she has to fix it, thats a problem because first of all I dont know whats she is fixing and why she is fixing it. And the reason why I say this is a problem is because the landlord is asking me for more rent money and cant tell me why. You might want to think about it. And also do your research from one mother to another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifermotes View Post
Hi, I'm considering moving to the Grove at Cary Park, can anyone who has knowledge of the apartments please fill me in? I've done research and have seen both bad and good comments. If you can tell me anything, please let me know. I have 2 children ages 12 and 13. Thanks!

Old 11-28-2009, 10:24 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,986,254 times
I know that it's a Section 8 apartment complex. I believe it was part of a deal that the developer made with the town of Cary when they were building out Cary Park. It's a great deal if you qualify. Nice area of town, great schools, etc. But if you can afford something else, I'd look elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary