Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 06:09 PM

43,297 posts, read 77,129,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianGal View Post
Thanks for the replies.

I have a question regarding utilities. Lets say you have 4 people in a 4,000 sq.ft. home, what will the utility bills look like? Assume the A/C will be running all summer or whatever time of year its above 70 degrees and heating on in winter.

What sort of taxes will we be looking at for a 500K-600K home in the Cary or North Raleigh area?
Cary and Wake County taxes @ $600000 tax value would be about $5100.
N Raleigh and Wake County would be a few mills higher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 11:43 AM

843 posts, read 2,100,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mia78 View Post
It's a city thing, rather a ghetto fabulous city thing whose inhabitant's attitudes could be found in many other urban areas throughout the country. The whole state isn't like that, but I think you'll find many former Jerseyans who have noticed the difference in friendliness here. Even in more affluent areas, people are not necessarily mean, but people don't exchange niceties to others very often unless they know you.
Mia has got it right. I also grew up in NJ. NJ is the most densly populated state. You just dont have time to say hi to everyone!! Doesnt make us unfriendly. Just loud and blunt! lol

My first day as a NC resident, I was driving down a street in Durham with my friend. Some guy raking leaves waved at us and my friend returned the wave. This was no where near his house. I was more like "who the %^&$ is that"? lol

Now when I go home to visit. I cant stop saying hello to people. I look like some kinda lunatic!!

I'll second the Chapel Hill Area. An asian community, free and very good bus service, and UNC. More of a village feel to it.
Durham is 10 miles away with Duke, decent bus service and a very diverse community. More urban. And the motto is "City of Medicine"

Old 02-23-2011, 11:49 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Cary is replete with Asians. And Muslims. And Hindus, if you're interested in even more diversity.

My kids are half-Asian. I add to the metric.

There seems to be a dense sort of Chinese/Taiwanese concentration of folks here, with a bit of a network. My former MIL was forever seeking them out to find someone to do repairs, buy and sell houses, etc.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:20 PM

6 posts, read 8,489 times
What type of Asians? Any Bangladesh ppl?

Old 03-25-2015, 07:53 AM

13,373 posts, read 27,049,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyk77 View Post
What type of Asians? Any Bangladesh ppl?
City-data has an answer in the page with the top 101 cities with Bangladeshi people: //www.city-data.com/top2/h81.html

The Raleigh area is not on the list, but Surfside Beach, South Carolina sounds like a possibility for you. Check this for a mosque and see if it a compatible flavor of Islam: http://grandstrandislamiccenter.org/ Also check the Myrtle Beach, SC forum on City-data.

There are also places in New Jersey like Maywood and Ventnor City. There is also Cloverly Maryland, which I am familiar with, and it has several large mosques. Then there is Riverland Village Florida, etc.

Last edited by goldenage1; 03-25-2015 at 08:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary