Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2011, 11:01 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,091,863 times

Advertisements

Hi all--I've tried combing the WCPSS website but can't seem to find a breakdown of what programs are offered at which schools. I don't mean magnets or anything, I am referring, for example, to which middle schools offer electives or special programs like tech or music, etc.

Is there a site? Or is there a parent or two in the know who could PM me? I have questions about 2-3 specific schools.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 11:03 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,112,765 times
Generally you have to go to the school website or a school open house for specific information like that.
For example, I found all the classes online at Carnage MS through their website last week,
Some websites are better than others though!

Old 02-16-2011, 07:50 PM

906 posts, read 2,382,544 times
Your best bet is to call the schools themselves, but if you want to pm me I can see if I know anything about those particular schools.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:06 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,091,863 times
OK. I hated to call and bug some busy administrator, but I guess I'll have to. Lamishra is right, the websites are really very spotty!

I guess what I really want to know is how the middle schools handle AG. I heard that they do not pull kids out for AG at E. Cary. Is this true of all middle schools? And how many electives do you get? Is there a variety of electives, and are they consistent throughout schools?

Old 02-16-2011, 08:53 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,112,765 times
I don't even really remember them doing "AG" in regular middle schools (non-magnet). Mine were grouped by ability in math and language arts, which automatically put them in an advanced science and social studies class.
I know a lot of people at at ECM and they really love it there.
They usually only get one elective per semester, and generally no, they are not equivalent across middle schools. The offerings will vary from school to school, but be prepared for slim pickings in the electives department with the current budget cuts. Principals are having to cut back on non-essentials!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary