Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 10:33 AM

69 posts, read 163,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMortgageGuy View Post
Glad i found this thread since i need a new Queen set and was going to visit The Mattress Firm where i purchased my last one (very pleased with it) about 10 years ago. I will definitely check out The Original Mattress Factory.

One nitpick in your response if you don't mind. I sure hope that you did purchase the set with the boxspring as this was a mistake a friend of mine made using the flawed "boxspring doesn't matter" theory. It absolutely does matter as the set is engineered for the mattress and boxspring (coils) to work in harmony. My friend used his old beat up boxspring on the same mattress that i purchased and ended up having to purchase a new one (he listened to me and go the set this time) in only 4 years. This is why manufacturers do not warrantee the mattress if you do not use the boxspring that was designed to be paired with it.
For those of us with platform beds, buying the boxspring isn't really an option unless you want to be sleeping well over the level of your headboard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 10:53 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,918,694 times
I thought Original Mattress Factory was the best kept secret in mattresses here. Glad to see I was wrong. Very knowledgeable salespeople, no pressure sales, and a great product. Our king is over 10 years old and still great. We liked it so much we didn't even shop around for our daughter's twin or the guest room queen - just went straight to OMF.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:04 AM

892 posts, read 3,161,630 times
^good to know cuz i adore the bed we just bought from omf!

Old 04-30-2011, 03:11 PM

321 posts, read 880,387 times
We bought our mattress from Original Mattress Factory and after 2 years we have serious sagging on both sides. I mean, if you try to lay in the center of the mattress you will literally roll down to one side. I just need to find my paperwork for the mattress and we will be returning it.

Old 04-30-2011, 03:56 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalnc View Post
We bought our mattress from Original Mattress Factory and after 2 years we have serious sagging on both sides. I mean, if you try to lay in the center of the mattress you will literally roll down to one side. I just need to find my paperwork for the mattress and we will be returning it.
They can probably look you up.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:31 PM

3,239 posts, read 3,542,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalnc View Post
I think their warranty is they replace the mattress if the sag is > 1.5" deep. One of the sides of our king mattress is really close (and only 1.5 yrs left on the 12 year warranty) - so maybe we will get another mattress out of it.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:35 PM

3,239 posts, read 3,542,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krististrange View Post
For those of us with platform beds, buying the boxspring isn't really an option unless you want to be sleeping well over the level of your headboard.
Now that I have the kids on bunk beds and a platform bed, I am swimming in extra box springs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary