Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 06:37 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,157,625 times

Advertisements

I'll be finding myself in Chapel Hill Saturday night and looking for a tasty meal I can't get out on my side of the Triangle. The kid doesn't eat yet but I'm not bringing a baby to a place like Il Palio for obvious reasons

I'm tempted to just go to Kipos since I had an awesome lunch there a couple weeks ago but I so rarely go to Chapel Hill for meals I suppose I should try something else
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 07:13 AM

1,509 posts, read 2,429,060 times
Sandwhich may be a good option - their sandwiches are VERY tasty and everything there is made from scratch. I've seen families with kids of all ages there and they do have some outdoor seating as well if you're more comfortable with the little one outdoors.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:14 AM

Mmm that does look pretty tasty. The menu kind of reminds me of The Rockford.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:25 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,344,694 times
— Vimala's Curryblossom Cafe (fantastic Indian in the Courtyard on W Franklin behind Kipos, very family friendly, they often have music in the courtyard)

— Med Deli is always great, and no prob about babies.

— Sandwhich is a yummy choice

— Acme usually has something delicious going on

— Venable in Carr Mill beside Townsend & Bertram (enter from the outside) near Weaver St is delish.

— Lantern (I have friends that take kids there and babies are more portable than toddlers)

I think Chapel Hill is pretty baby-friendly overall, though. I wouldn't hesitate to take a baby most places.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:28 AM

826 posts, read 1,933,298 times
Sandwhich is definitely yummy. Have only gone to Panzanella for brunch but it was tasty and pretty laidback. Dinner menu looks good too. Vimala's Curry Blossom has gotten rave reviews since opening and a great backstory to match. Jujube is a little fancier but not stuffy. Might be another consieration.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:39 AM

1,509 posts, read 2,429,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
— Vimala's Curryblossom Cafe (fantastic Indian in the Courtyard on W Franklin behind Kipos, very family friendly, they often have music in the courtyard)

— Med Deli is always great, and no prob about babies.

— Sandwhich is a yummy choice

— Acme usually has something delicious going on

— Venable in Carr Mill beside Townsend & Bertram (enter from the outside) near Weaver St is delish.

— Lantern (I have friends that take kids there and babies are more portable than toddlers)

I think Chapel Hill is pretty baby-friendly overall, though. I wouldn't hesitate to take a baby most places.
I'll also second Poppy's nominations of Vimala's and Med Deli, although to be fair I think Neomonde and Med Deli are pretty comparable while Vimala's blows everything in Raleigh out of the water (except maybe for Azitra).

Old 07-25-2013, 07:45 AM

Mmm maybe we'll give Vimala a try. It's been forever since I've had Indian, which is curious since I live in the epicenter of Indian dining for this area lol.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:48 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,344,694 times
We were just there last Sat with the kids. It can be quite busy, but kids ran around the courtyard and didn't mind and grown ups sat and chatted while we waited for our food. Delicious!

Old 07-25-2013, 07:50 AM

423 posts, read 1,095,109 times
I brought my 4 month old to Acme and got nasty looks. Mediterranean Deli is not fancy, but excellent food and kid friendly.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:56 AM

635 posts, read 1,617,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocharoman View Post
I brought my 4 month old to Acme and got nasty looks.
Personally, I wouldn't take a baby to Acme or Lantern...to me, those are "get a babysitter and have an adult night out" kind of places. Was only at Vimala's once, but it was good, and it would be kid friendly indeed if you sit in the courtyard. The hubs, who likes spicy food, had a special, which was a spicy fish curry, and man, it was SPICY! He enjoyed it, but I don't know that I could have eaten much of it (and I also like spicy food). Just a warning that if it has spicy in the title, it likely will be quite spicy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary